Little Rascals Coming To Blu-Ray!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AlmanacZinger, Sep 24, 2020.

1. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

WOW. gorgeous !!!

i find it hilarious that i grew up in the 70's ..... watching shows from the 30's LMAO. wouldn't have it any other way !

vinnie and longdist01 like this.
  2. Marshall

Marshall Forum Resident

I ordered both Blu-ray volumes from ClassicFlix. My copy of Volume 2 arrived three days ago, but I haven't watched it yet. However, it has that great, what I call trilogy with Miss Crabtree (June Marlowe): Teacher's Pet, School's Out, and Love Business. Jackie Cooper did such a great acting job in Teacher's Pet, which helped him get the roles in Skippy (he was nominated for an Oscar for that film) and The Champ.

Dorothy DeBorba Haberreiter lived in the San Francisco Bay Area following her acting career. Back in the 1970's, she was a secretary in the Cal Berkeley Journalism department. I met her briefly at a Hollywood Collectibles and Autograph show in the Bay Area in 2000. I understand she would appear at the local Sons of the Desert (Laurel and Hardy group) gatherings. At the 2000 Collectibles etc. show, she autographed for me a copy of a photo with her and the other Little Rascals from approx. 1931.

Marshall

My review of The Little Rascals The ClassicFlix Restorations Volume 1:
    "The Little Rascals-The ClassicFlix Restorations, Vol. 1" Blu-ray Review

ricks, Jazzmonkie and longdist01 like this.
  3. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Awesome post today @Marshall, thanks for sharing the stories about your autograph and meeting Dorothy DeBorba Haberreiter!

Marshall likes this.
  4. Marshall

Marshall Forum Resident

longdist01, you're welcome. Thanks for the kind words.

longdist01 likes this.
  5. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

USPS delivered today Vol. 2 Blu-Ray 'The Little Rascals' Restored by ClassicFlix.

Thank you to those who ordered any Vol. !

Marshall and Jazzmonkie like this.
  6. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

I got mine a few days ago. I'm making a concerted effort not to binge watch them. :D

longdist01 likes this.
  7. That's Mr. Foghat

That's Mr. Foghat Forum Resident

Received Vol 1 and Vol 2 today via USPS... I see a "Little Rascals" weekend on the horizon!

8. ricks

ricks Senior Member

I ordered an additional copy of Vol2 as thank you gift for a colleague/friend, it arrived near totally destroyed. Wrote to classicflix, next day the owner contacted me and they are sending a replacement without making me go through the hassle of shipping it back. Makes me feel good about buying direct from them rather contributing strictly to Amazon's bottom line. I do hope classicflix succeeds for many decades to come

BTW I high recommend their "Africa Screams" Abbott and Costello Blu-ray along with Marx Brothers "Night in Casablanca" Blu-ray and especially the "The Complete Hal Roach Thelma Todd and Patsy Kelly Comedy Collection" DVD. Thelma was smokin' hot in any year or era.

longdist01, Jazzmonkie and Marshall like this.
  9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

that's a good company! I've been wanting to get African Screams BD! waiting for V1&2 of The Little Rascals

10. ricks

ricks Senior Member

I forgot to mention Abbott & Costello's Noose Hangs High was a really nice restoration + transfer as well.

Coming soon a restored Blu-ray of Abbott and Costello TV Show Season 1! Those who know how bad the previous prints used for home video were will appreciated what Classicflix and Bob Furmanek are doing :)

FINALLY RESTORED: The Abbott and Costello Show Coming to Blu-ray - ClassicFlix

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    Michael, longdist01 and Jazzmonkie like this.
  11. Michael

yea, I bought that set twice on DVD promising restored PQ! WELL, each one sucked worst than the other...I wonder if any of the content on those mishaps will be relevant after the BD sets?

any idea when we will be seeing the A&C show Season 1 blu-ray?

12. Jazzmonkie

I read that December is the target date for the A&C Show. It looks like it will have some great extras. Looking forward to the Gilbert Gottfried commentary.

longdist01 and Michael like this.
  13. Michael

Thanks...that's excellent! wonder when we will know the price? any idea?
    is there another link that talks of the bonus features?

longdist01 likes this.
  14. Jazzmonkie

longdist01 and ricks like this.
  15. Michael

16. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Really enjoying Shorts in Volume 2 of ClassicFlix Restorations of Little Rascals on Blu-Ray.

Here's the recent Vol. 2 Trailer up online featuring Stymie!

Jazzmonkie likes this.
  17. Jazzmonkie

I'm on my 2nd viewing. I turned the subtitles on to see what I may have missed the first time thru.

longdist01 likes this.
  18. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

August/September 2021
    updates​

ClassicFlix Restorations of "The Little Rascals" Volume 4 is currently in restoration and it is hoped that an announcement soon with a December street date will be forthcoming.

ClassicFlix Restorations of "The Little Rascals" Volume 5 is in the scanning process. It's likely for a late January/mid-February release.

- David
    ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

19. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

What volume does Spanky make his debut?

longdist01 and BILLONEEG like this.
  20. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

Volume 3

longdist01 likes this.
  21. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Pizza and Jazzmonkie like this.
  22. dwm67

dwm67 Forum Resident

Ordered Volume 1 and 2 from importcds.com last week … Volume 3 is pre-ordered … great to see additional volumes are in progress :)

longdist01 likes this.
  23. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

RayS likes this.
  24. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Jazzmonkie and longdist01 like this.
  25. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

September - 2021 Update:

ClassicFlix has posted a restoration comparison for their upcoming release
    The Little Rascals - The ClassicFlix Restorations, Volume 3 to give Our Gang fans a glimpse of what they can expect.

With better elements than Volume 1 & 2, it will be the best volume yet! ENJOY!

Pre-order now Volume 3 Blu-Ray from ClassicFlix out soon... October 19, 2021.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    Galley and Jazzmonkie like this.