Little Rascals Coming To Blu-Ray!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AlmanacZinger, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member

Early listing at deepdiscount shows the following bonus features for Nov 15 release, however it currently just lists the DVD set

Newly recorded introduction by Leonard Maltin - The Rascals at 100
    Presentation of the Only Surviving Foreign Language Shorts in Which Our Gang Performed:

Las Fantasmas (1930, When the Wind Blows performed in Spanish) - Note: Survives fully intact

Los Cazadores de Osos (1930, Bear Shooters performed in Spanish) - Note: Only reel 2 is presented here. Image survives for both reels, but only audio survives for reel 2

Temps d’Hiver (1930, A Tough Winter performed in French) - Note: Only reel 1 survives

Three Newly Restored Our Gang Silent Shorts:
    The Big Show (1923)

Dogs of War! (1923)

Mary, Queen of Tots (1925)

Good Old Days - The Music of Our Gang Featurette

Then and Now - A Special Tour of Our Gang Locations Featurette

Our Gang Centennial at the Hollywood Museum - Highlights from the opening day gala kicking off the Museum’s exhibit celebrating 100 years of The Little Rascals. Appearances include Leonard Maltin, Richard W. Bann, Maria Roach (Hal’s daughter) and Sidney Kibrick (Woim), the last surviving main player of the Hal Roach era

Our Gang Reunion on You Asked for It Television Show on February 22nd, 1951 featuring Allen “Farina” Hoskins, Johnny Downs, Mickey Daniels, Joe Cobb and Jackie Condon. Also appearing is on-set teacher Fern Carter, cameraman Art Lloyd and director Bob McGowan

A Day in the Life of Spanky and Porky - Follow Spanky and Porky around in Boulder, Colorado the week of April 1st, 1985 as they take the stage, answer questions and sign autographs as guests at the annual “Trivia Bowl” event

The Little Rascals Jukebox - Listen to your favorite Our Gang tunes

Image Galleries
    Other Rarities:

• Speed-O-Byke theater ad with Spanky
    • In-Theater Ad Announcing in-person appearance by Mary Ann Jackson featuring previously unseen outtake footage
    • Excerpt of mid-1930s screen test for unknown film with Mary Ann Jackson directed by Norman Z. McLeod (no sound)
    • In-Theater Ad Announcing in-person appearance by Norman “Chubby” Chaney
    • Spanky McFarland interviewed by Tommy Bond, Jr. at a plaque commemoration ceremony just outside the old location of Hal Roach Studios in Culver City, Ca.
    • Art Lloyd home movies featuring Spanky and Joe Cobb (no sound)
    • Commercial for MGM Our Gang
    • Audition reel (filmed in the mid-1950s) from short-term, but memorable Our Gang player Jackie Lynn Taylor

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Thanks

Brian Mc and longdist01 like this.
  3. DavidW

DavidW Senior Member

While living in Hickory, NC in the 70s, I used to watch The Little Rascals Club hosted by singing cowboy Fred Kirby on WBTV in Charlotte. Did anyone else here watch that? That was not my introduction to the Little Rascals. I first watched on a channel either from Roanoke, VA or Greensboro, NC while living in VA. I had also watched on WDCA Channel 20 in Washington DC on visits to Maryland.
    Anyway, here is a clip of Fred Kirby singing The Little Rascal Club theme song. It starts at 2:41 in the video. It will only be of interest to anyone that remembers watching the show. Yes, it is a long shot finding someone else here that lived in the area and watched it.

4. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Wow, that's cool to see what listing has up on deepdiscount, probably the same for Blu-Ray version...I recall David @ClassicFlix mentioned some Silent Shorts would be included on Complete Sound Boxset project until the just-Completed collection of Silents can be researched, Restored to best standards that makes financial sense for his small boutique company!

Dave112 likes this.
  5. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

6. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

This showed up in a search online though doesn't list the Bonus contents of few foreign Silent Shorts or Special Features shared earlier today on the Forum...

The Little Rascals - Complete Collection (Centennial Edition)
    Release date - November 15, 2022

ClassicFlix will be releasing a Complete Collection set of their Little Rascals shorts on Blu-ray on November 15th. The set should compromise the exact same discs and contents and the six individual volumes.

[​IMG]
    Quote:
    For generations, Our Gang comedies have been enjoyed by millions of fans the world over. Now, celebrate the 100th anniversary of this iconic and beloved film series in The Little Rascals - The Complete Collection (Centennial Edition). In 1922, producer Hal Roach introduced the kiddie troupe known as “Our Gang” to theater audiences and kicked off one of the most popular and prolific franchises in the field of short subjects, with 220 one- and two-reel comedies released over a twenty-two year period. By the late 1920s, the series (later re-titled "The Little Rascals" for TV syndication) made the transition from silents to “talkies” and would soon embark on its most revered and best remembered period–the 80 sound shorts made at Hal Roach Studios between 1929 and 1938–all of which are included in this one-of-a-kind collection. A must-have for any true Our Gang fan, this 6-disc set also includes over 4 hours of bonus material and features the talents of George “Spanky” McFarland, Carl “Alfalfa” Switzer, Allen “Farina” Hoskins, Darla Hood, Matthew “Stymie” Beard, Jackie Cooper, Bobby “Wheezer” Hutchins, Billie “Buckwheat” Thomas, Eugene “Porky” Lee and many, many more. About the restorations: Each short has been newly scanned from original Hal Roach 35mm film elements. Remastered, uncut and beautifully restored, now you can see The Little Rascals like never before. With restorations so glorious, it will be like watching these iconic shorts for the first time!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  7. MythosDreamLab

MythosDreamLab Forum Resident

Haven't seen these since the 70"s...

One recollection I have (not sure if it is correct) is of a Teacher asking Stymie to use the word "isthmus" in a sentence:

Stymie: "Is must be my lucky day"...

rontoon and DavidW like this.
  8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the set will include the same exact 6 BD as previous sold not the suggested 3 BD with double the content?

rontoon likes this.
  9. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

Actually, it was a kid named “Uh Huh” who said that.

10. DavidW

DavidW Senior Member

11. DavidW

DavidW Senior Member

12. ClassicFlix

ClassicFlix Forum Resident

13. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

I see the information regarding the Bonus disc offered if you bought and Supported the 6 volumes individually:

"NOTE: We will make the bonus disc that is in this collection available separately as a stand-alone disc for those who have previously purchased the individual 6 volumes on Blu-ray. It's available for a limited time and only at ClassicFlix.com."

Thank you David @ClassicFlix for link and clarifying the availability on Bonus discs!

14. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Is volume 6 sold out?

15. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

Having already bought the six discs individually, I'm happy ClassicFlix is offering the bonus disc separately through their website. I've already placed an order.

16. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

I doubt ClassicFlix could have included this, because of licensing issues, but George "Spanky" "McFarland made a memorable appearance in the cold open of an episode of Cheers.

17. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

I did too.

18. DavidW

DavidW Senior Member

longdist01 likes this.
  19. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

So, non-US customers are SOL after all… (Now, I feel like a schlub for supporting this release…) :realmad:

Pizza likes this.
  20. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Me, too!

Michelle66 likes this.
  21. ClassicFlix

No, we just didn't say so in the announcement, we will be selling it online on the street date on Amazon so non-U.S. customers can purchase it there.

- David
    ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

The Beave and longdist01 like this.
  22. ClassicFlix

It is, but will likely be in stock later this year or early next.

- David

longdist01 likes this.
  23. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

ClassicFlix should be applauded for their excellent customer service! I've never seen a company offer a bonus disc separately with a replacement case like ClassicFlix is doing. This is awesome news & my preorder is in!

24. Antifrodis

Antifrodis Forum Resident

Do you still feel like a schlub for supporting this release?

The Beave and rontoon like this.
  25. ClassicFlix

CORRECTION - 09/02/22 UPDATE:

For those purchasing the stand-alone bonus disc, due to lack of supply of 7-disc Blu-ray cases, we will ship out an empty 6-disc Centennial case (with artwork) and a separate single disc Blu-ray case with it's own special "Bonus Disc" artwork.

- David

The Beave, Galley, Davosco and 5 others like this.