Little Rascals Coming To Blu-Ray!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AlmanacZinger, Sep 24, 2020.

1. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

complete set ordered!

2. Coppertop Tester

Coppertop Tester Forum Resident

I'm very surprised since most companies make fans re-purchase previous material every time they add something new. Thank you ClassicFlix for looking out for your customers! Bonus disc pre-ordered.

3. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

As I have been in this since the start and have all 6 volumes- in for a pre-ordered bonus disc.
    Thanks ClassicFlix for giving us the option.

4. ClassicFlix

ClassicFlix Forum Resident

There are over four hours of bonus features on our upcoming The Little Rascals - The Complete Collection (Centennial Edition), and with production wrapping up, here's a sneak peek at clips from "Las Fantasmas", the Spanish version of When the Wind Blows (1930).

Of the four foreign language Our Gang shorts produced simultaneously with the English language versions by Hal Roach, this is the only film that survives in a complete form.

ENJOY!

- David
    ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

5. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Wow, Nice David @ClassicFlix and thanks again for updates on Bonus DVD/Blu-Ray order page option (for those who supported!) recently.

Beautiful work on Restorations and looking forward to more preview clips later on of progress of 'Silent Shorts' Restoration too!

ClassicFlix likes this.
  6. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

@ClassicFlix
    Just to confirm, there have been no changes to the restorations on the forthcoming complete set to be released as compared to the individual volumes already released, meaning: no better sources found, no changes in grain smoothing or contrast, sound etc., correct?

If there have been any improvements or alterations, even if seemingly minor, please let us know.

Thanks.

Dave112 and longdist01 like this.
  7. Dave112

Dave112 Forum Resident

Just preordered two sets. One for me and one for a Christmas gift.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    longdist01 likes this.
  8. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

It reminds me of the old classic Letterman bit, "Everything's funnier in Spanish!" :laugh:
    This is fascinating. Sounds like the kids and the first two adults are speaking phonetically, but the actor playing the dad is a true Spanish speaker. Curious why only 4 were produced for the Mexican market.

dan c

longdist01 and Coppertop Tester like this.
  9. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thank you again David @ClassicFlix for the updates and continuing hard work on the Silent Shorts!

The Beave and Coppertop Tester like this.
  10. ClassicFlix

Presented here are a few clips from our restoration of the silent Hal Roach Our Gang short MARY, QUEEN OF TOTS (1925).

In addition to the image restoration, silent film accompanist Ben Model composed and performed a new score for TOTS.

TOTS, along with two other silent Rascal shorts, will be in our upcoming The Little Rascals - The Complete Collection (Centennial Edition). It will also be included some time next year in a yet to be determined silent Little Rascal collection.

ENJOY!

- David

beccabear67, Dave112, rontoon and 6 others like this.
  11. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

Maybe someday you can try Menilmontant!

12. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thank you and looks beautiful David @ClassicFlix !

13. ClassicFlix

Our Gang restorations on TCM today!

We're in the middle of a project to scan, restore and release on Blu-ray and DVD as many of the 88 Our Gang (Little Rascal) silent film shorts which survive. We've have completed three restorations of the silents which will be included as bonus features in our upcoming The Little Rascals - The Complete Collection (Centennial Edition).

Today, however, is National Silent Movie Day and Turner Classic Movies (TCM) is celebrating by playing 24 hours of silent films. Included in the lineup are 2 of the 3 Our Gang silent films we've restored: The Big Show and Dogs of War! (both 1923). If you have TCM get on over and preview our restorations. You can also see a clip of The Big Show below.

- David

14. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Wow, terrific news on TCM debut of couple Restored Our Gang Silent Shorts at last...thank you again David @ClassicFlix for heads up to tune in and watch them along with a lot more Silent films tonight!!

ClassicFlix likes this.
  15. MetallicSquink

MetallicSquink Forum Resident

Watched both of these last night, and was so delighted that I ordered The Complete Collection on Blu a few moments ago. Thank you for the phenomenal work you've done restoring these films.

longdist01 and ClassicFlix like this.
  16. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

My god, those clips of the Pathé silents look fantastic!

I have never seen any of the silent Our Gang films look as good. (I’ve only ever watched grainy 16mm, 9.5mm, and 8mm prints. Seeing the shorts in 35mm is revelatory!)

This should be a wonderful set!

Jazzmonkie, longdist01 and Antifrodis like this.
  17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I don't recall the Silent Rascals...I am very curious...the clips LOOKS GREAT!

18. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Shockingly excellent quality! Looking forward to the rest of the Silent Shorts in due time 2023!

ClassicFlix likes this.
  19. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

Hi David,

I also wanted to say thank you for making the bonus disc available separately — I pre-ordered all 6 Volumes of the Blu-Ray sets as they were being released in 2021/2022, and I have really been enjoying them — I have been quite impressed with the restorations! It is very cool and customer-friendly of you to offer both a Complete set for people just finding out about your work on these films, and offering the bonus disc alone for those of us who already own the previously released volumes.

My Bonus Disc has been ordered, and I am really looking forward to seeing the silent film shorts — both the three on the disc in November, and eventually the rest when your project is complete. Keep up the great work!

Thanks again,
    Pat

20. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Just Pre-ordered the Bonus Disc too!

Also a very big thank you again David @ClassicFlix for preview of the Silents on TCM channel recently.

ClassicFlix and Jazzmonkie like this.
  21. ClassicFlix

Our scanning and restoring of Our Gang silent shorts continues.

Below is a clip from the "haunted house" short Fast Freight (1929). While the intertitles were cut (which we'll restore), it's in relatively good condition and is very sharp.

ENJOY!

- David

22. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Amazing...wonderful to see another raw Silent Short footage posted this month!

ClassicFlix likes this.
  23. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Michael and boggs like this.
  24. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Michael likes this.
  25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

longdist01 likes this.