Little things in Rocky and Bullwinkle

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mcow1, Aug 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort Thread Starter

When I watched the first disk of Rocky & Bullwinkle last night I noticed that in one scene they are standing in front of a bookshelf reading Gidney and Cloyd's recipe for rocket fuel there is a book in the shelf titled "Sex On Planet X". Now, in the early 60s you couldn't say sex on tv, or even say pregnant. Anyone else notice anything off the wall like this?

2. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

I like the credit "Dudley Do-Right, as played by Abraham Wilkes Booth" in Stokey the Bear...

3. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

But didya also notice that in every short at the very start there's a R&B logo in the bottom right corner that dissolves after about 10 seconds??? I wonder if they used broadcast prints (Rocky and Bullwinkle is apparently shown overseas on tv in the remastered/cleaned up form we now have on DVD)....

4. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Mike,
    Check out my previous post in your other R&B thread.

Regards,

5. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

We're playing tag!!! The short connecting pieces look the cleanest to me - they probably scrubbed those carefully since they're used over and over. Some of the Aesop shorts are rough looking - they're still nicer than the stuff from Buena Vista on VHS in the 90's (I don't miss the rerecorded synth music on some of those old tapes).

Peter Peachfuzz's voice is different than the voice they settled on in later episodes (the Ed Wynn kinda voice). Peachfuzz is a takeoff on the name of Peter Piech, who was involved with PAT, the folks who brought you Underdog (Gamma Studios in Mexico was home to both Ward and PAT's main production facility)...

6. seriousfun

seriousfun Forum Resident

do any of them have the woofer and tweeter segment?

7. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

I haven't run across that yet...

8. telliott

telliott Senior Member

Rocky and Bullwinkle did make one final? audio appearance shortly before Bill Scott's death on a Joe Piscapo comedy album. The album has a great David Letterman parody to the tune of Slade's "My Oh My" I think R&B are on that cut.

Sherman's voice was a great child voice actor "Walter Tetley" who played Leroy on the classic radio show "The Great Gildersleeve". He wasn't a kid in the early '40s when the series started.

Tim

ps. I'm off to buy the R&B season 1 set at Best Buy (Target ad in hand).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.