Loggins & Messina Sittin' In

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ted Bell, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist Thread Starter

Used to love this album and want to get it on CD. So what's the best version? I noticed in addition to the hard to get MFSL, there is a "remastered" box set. Opinions?

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Hold off for a couple of months...

3. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist Thread Starter

OOOOOH :goodie:

4. KBanya

KBanya Active Member

Yeahhhhhh!!! I love this album too!

5. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Oh baby! :goodie:

I've got the early MFSL silver CD of this and have always been disappointed by the sound, especially the tape saturation or overloading in several places, for example during high intentsity drum passages. I've always wondered whether this was part of the original recording or the transfer. Perhaps you can't say right now....

John K.

6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

the whole catalog????????????????????????????????

"so fine" and "finale"????????????????????????????????

7. romanotrax

romanotrax Forum Resident

You're such a tease!!!!

8. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member

:righton:

That's an album that deserves Steve's attention!

9. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

10. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

:goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie:

11. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

tell them to stop! They are making me dizzy
    JG

12. timw

timw Senior Member

Ted,
    I remember this being a huge 'demo' album at the higher end stereo stores here in NJ back when it first came out. When I heard that bass line kick in at the end of "Danny's Song" it blew me away....and I bought the album on the spot. I think the Columbia vinyl version still sounds pretty damn good today! The CD is just OK IMO.
    Tim

13. TimM

TimM Senior Member

You are a very cruel tease Steve. :) I would love to hear your work on all the L&M catalog. Sittin In, Mother Lode, and Full Sail in particular. Three of my all time favorite albums.

14. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member

This is Sony/Columbia though, I thought their stuff was off limits except to themselves.

This label stuff gets mind numbing/boggling :confused:. Can anyone straighten me out?

15. Jim Ricketts

Jim Ricketts Active Member

Sittin' In is definitely my favorite L&M album - saw 'em tour for that one. And "Angry Eyes" is my fav L&M tune. If Steve can master this one to SACD/LP, I be happy camper! The original LP always sounded quite nice to me.

16. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Wow
    I have passed over this thread a number of times.
    Glad I read it now though
    Whoo Hoo
    Best-
    Norm
    :righton:

17. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Tim: I agree on "Motherlode." I always really enjoyed the sound and the songs on that one.

18. JMCIII

JMCIII Music lover first, audiophile second.

I can remember my initial hearing of Sittin' In. Fell hard for that L&M sound. Can't say which I perfered more, Sittin' or Full Sail. Both were "in heavy rotation" at my house for a long, long time. A remastered (especially a Hoffman) SACD of either title would have me camped out on the steps of my local record store.

19. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

Will we ever be seeing a remastered solo Loggins catalogue? GOOOOOO Mr. Night...

JEFF!

20. GaryW

GaryW New Member

I have the MasterSound SBM of this done by Doug Sax and think it sounds terrific. Can't imagine much better but am looking forward to comparing with the new remix.

21. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Sony has recently allowed Wounded Bird to reissue some of their catalog titles, so maybe the gates are starting to swing open a bit.

22. reidc

reidc Senior Member

Ok- I have stayed with this over the last few days... hoping to see light at the end. Now my eyes just ain't what they used to be, so I am having trouble reading between the lines you see :D but that oh so subtle one liner from Steve..."I'd wait". We are all salivating- What's Up wit dat???

Chris

23. reidc

reidc Senior Member

As luck would have it- I pulled out my Direct Disks Lab Loggins & Messina "Full Sail". Another piece long forgotten about. Other than an occasional tick or pop- it sounds pretty good. Another fairly quiet piece.

I hadn't heard "My Music" in years- talk about a forgotten song. I'd like to find decent versions of this and "Motherlode" on CD or better(hint hint- wink wink).

What's the news?

Chris

24. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I can't help you out.

But Steve is independant - anyone can hire him.

:D

:goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: Oh, boy! :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.