LOKI - Marvel Superhero TV Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Marvel has done this before: in Daredevil, I don't think they ever called The Kingpin "The Kingpin." Instead, they called him by his real name, "Wilson Fisk." I'm not sure of the reason, but they might have called him "Kingpin" at the very end of the show when he went back to prison.

It would make no sense for the main villain not to be Kang at this point. What's interesting to me is how Loki, WandaVision, Ant-Man, and Dr. Strange are all kind of going to intersect because of the Quantum Realm. The fan theory is that the Time Variance Authority exists outside of time, in the Quantum Realm.

I'll say this for the show: they went into unexpected areas, it was unpredictable, and it wasn't boring... plus I could see they spent a ton of money on it. I can see it was not an easy show to shoot during Covid. They shot for the first 2-1/2 months of 2020, then had to shut down for six months (!!!), then resumed under very careful conditions in October. I think it's a pretty thoughtful, interesting show, even though I did kinda say "WTF?" with the final reveal.

They're about to go into production on Season 2 of Loki, and the code-name for the production is "Architect." Coincidence?

Lee Davis, Simon A and marmalade166 like this.
  2. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

3. beatbro

beatbro Forum Resident

4. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

marmalade166 likes this.
  5. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

More speculation: despite what we are told, the TVA does still allow alternate timelines to exist, which is why all of these strange variants of Loki exist when in reality they should have been pruned before birth. Keeping all branching timelines from happening would be impossible because they’re infinite. What the TVA’s purpose is is to prune any timeline that would eventually result in producing a Kang (other than the one that produces “He Who Remains”).

6. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

[​IMG]

Remind anybody of this?

[​IMG]

Vidiot and Curveboy like this.
  7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Looks a little like THIS!
    [​IMG]

8. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Watching and enjoying; not caring for the ultra-narrow aspect ratio though.

9. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Just watched the 6 episodes in a row for the first time.

I liked that you're never sure of what's going to happen next and I'm looking forward to Season 2. I'm assuming it will be available next year?

BeatleJWOL and The Pinhead like this.
  10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

It was just normal 2.40 CinemaScope (anamorphic Panavision), nothing more than that, used in theaters for more than 60 years. A very standard widescreen aspect ratio. They did it on WandaVision as well. All shot on Sony Venice, BTW, which is a departure from the Arri Alexa -- I think it's a great look.

11. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Not if your TV is only 32¨ like mine !

12. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

My first widescreen TV was 32”. I didn’t have a problem with that ratio. It sure beat the heck out of pan and scan!

The Pinhead and Simon A like this.
  13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Sit closer. A lot of color mastering is done on 31" broadcast monitors, but they sit less than 3 feet away.

budwhite and The Pinhead like this.
  14. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

No, clickbait-title, it's not the "i"-word, grow up. :rolleyes:

Same interpretation as David Gerrold's 1973 novel, The Man Who Folded Himself (spoiler, he "folds into himself" as well, but, that's why the comparison is valid: not the same thing).

To quote Tony Stark though, "I want one".

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    marmalade166 and Simon A like this.
  15. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I have just watched the first four episodes of the second season and enjoyed them very much.
    The fourth episode has a couple of surprising scenes and I'm looking forward to finding out what comes next.

davenav, BeatleJWOL and Simon A like this.
  16. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

My Fopp media version already sold out on advance orders.

17. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Was that not a great end to the series?!?!

Simon A and davenav like this.
  18. It was and the only way it truly could have ended.

Simon A and davenav like this.
  19. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I thought it was great, but not being a total Marvel comic geek I had to read a few online reviews to fully understand what happened. One of the best MCU streaming series for me.

JohnK

davenav likes this.
  20. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Son and I finished it today. Wow, thought it was terrific. Tied back to the first season wonderfully and taken as a whole enjoyed it at least as much as WandaVision; possibly the 2 best things from Marvel (movies included) the past 3 years.

ad180 likes this.
  21. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

loved the second season ! Jonathan Majors was incredible ! i don't think there will be a season 3. best use of music was Kozmic Blues by Janis Joplin in s2 ep2 .

22. Loki kind of got what he wanted from when we first met him and that he lost interest in. Irony abounded.