‘Lost In Space’ series reboot in the works

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

It was explained that the Chariot was disassembled and stored in pieces for transport but even with that, the Jupiter II really was not THAT big and it is hard to see how even disassembled parts could fit inside. But....it was still way cool to an 8 year old kid like myself....:)

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Both Voyage and Lost in Space were guilty of adding lots of room to their existing transportation whenever the writers felt like it, even though it made absolutely no sense.

3. Remurmur

I remember that the original Jupiter II model design, (when it was called the Gemini 12) clearly had no room for a lower deck. And when they modified it by extending out the bottom of the saucer, they STILL did not really have enough room for a lower desk as they portrayed it on interior shots, but they just went with it, a classic example of the "Irwin Allen don't get logical approach " mentioned by biggerdog.

It was even worse with the huge...but definitely not huge enough outdoor exterior mock-up of the Jupiter II.

That ship definitely had a "Tardis like "quality to it once you were inside . LOL!

The sudden appearance of the space pod made an already unrealistic interior space situation even more so and as Vidiot mentioned, for one episode, Space Creature, there is suddenly a 3rd lower deck! That was beyond silly .

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  4. Remurmur

Yep! That Seaview was the most spacious submarine I ever saw. I'm sure there would have been a waiting list of submariners wanting to serve aboard her, except when those potential crew members heard about that giant octopus that was constantly attacking it ...:)

Vidiot likes this.
  5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm still trying to figure out how the Flying Sub could fit into the nose of the submarine without killing everybody in there...

[​IMG]

6. Remurmur

True ! Or how they could use the periscope from a location in the front control room when on the model, the actual periscope tower was located almost mid-ship !

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

OK, thanks...

8. Michael

Yes, Jonathan was a friend for many years...I miss him.
    The first season really showcased his talents going from heavy to wimpy but, always dangerously cunning...Indeed!

9. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Dr. Smith wimpy? You jabbering Judas!

10. Michael

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Remurmur

As I said before, very cool indeed to have known him as a friend ...:)

12. Remurmur

And BTW...this thread really seems to have legs.

Nice to see all the LIS fans here and how fondly we all still remember it ....

13. Michael

yes, it was...being my favorite TV show as a kid made it even better...he was a fabulous person.

14. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Every show was exactly the same
    1. They'd be collecting rock samples
    2. Dr Smith would see something a scream like a girl
    3. Dr Smith would make a deal with the bad guys and get betrayed
    4. Judy's bf would try and hit Dr Smith but Mr Robinson would stop him
    5. It'd all turn out okay (because you can't judge a book by it's cover and the scary aliens were really the good guys and the golden girl was really an old crone)
    6. Dr Smith has an extra slice of pie
    7. They'd collect some more rock samples.

agentalbert likes this.
  15. Remurmur

You forgot Professor Robinson saying at the end "Alright Smith. We'll give you one more chance....." :)

Mylene likes this.
  16. Michael

yes we get it...you are not a fan.

17. Michael

Don't cha just love it!

18. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

I've seen every episode. It's just very formulaic. Even as a 6 yo I could work it out.

Vidiot likes this.
  19. Michael

OK, fine... I see no negatives as it was a fun show. but, then again I don't look to pick my favs apart.

20. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Oh my delicate back :p

21. Michael

Hmm, you must be fan! Indeed!

22. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

There's one ep where Dr Smith is shown all the bad things he's done in his life and one is him slicing a tiny piece from a cake and then eating the big bit.

23. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Forum Resident

Yep, the one where the devil was showing all of his misdeeds lol.

"Oh the pain, the PAIN!"

"Quiet you BUBBLE-HEADED BOOBIE!" Smith always picked on that poor robot..lol.

Mylene likes this.
  24. Remurmur

I'd love to continue this thread with you all...but my back is an absolute disaster today!

Mylene likes this.
  25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Oh the pain!

Don't forget Howard Stern's excellent 1990 parody of Lost in Space, featuring the voice of the great Billy West -- who does the Robot, Major West, Will, and Dr. Smith...

Deesky likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.