Lost: Season 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by grbl, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grbl

grbl Just Lurking Thread Starter

Can't wait! I'm totally hooked on this show. I hope we find out what's behind the hatch.

2. GregY

GregY New Member

I don't think we'll find out tonight what's in the hatch.

I'm giving it 4 more episodes. If questions aren't answered by then, I'm bailing.

3. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

I'm hooked. I think they'll let us know pretty soon what's under the hatch. They OWE us!!

4. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

thanks for the reminder - is it 8PM or 9PM?

5. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I say we never find out......that's what will keep most people hooked. But I might bail with you.

6. NicS

NicS Forum Resident

I can't wait either, I want to know where the pirates who kidnapped the boy went to.

7. grbl

I think they will reveal something tonight just to keep us hooked, probably what's under the hatch, but there'll be some new mysteries regarding that as well. I'm dying to know what the number series (4,8,15,16,23,42) means, but I doubt they will reveal anything there.

8. Nobby

Nobby Senior Member

I'll be perusing the newsgroups tomorrow morning :)

9. grbl

9PM EDT, but there's a season 1 recap at 8PM.

10. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi,

I've never seen this show. Will i be lost if i start tonight? Should i get & watch the Season 1 DVD set before starting Season 2?

Thanks,
    Jeffrey

11. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater

I can't wait. The season pass is set and ready to go on the HD Tivo. :)

12. jblock

jblock Senior Member

Yes you will.

Jonathan

13. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Yes, you better. Lots of stuff to learn about each character.

14. whaaat

whaaat LT Fanatic

I believe there's going to be a recap of season 1 from 8-9. But I would wait until you've watched all the episodes before starting season 2.

15. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Apparently we will see what is in the hatch on tonight's episode. What it means is another story.

16. grbl

Exactly.

17. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Producer Damon Lindelof has said on multiple occasions that while he will not spoil what is in the hatch in an interview, he promises that it is not another hatch. :)

This actually gave me some hope that he was sympathetic to fans' frustration. The word seems to be that you will see what's in the hatch on the first episode, and after a couple of episodes to contemplate your blown mind, find out a good bit about why and how it's there by the third or fourth episode.

Regards,

18. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Probably. I watched the first show, then somehow never watched another episode until the last two--but that was enough to hook me for tonight's premiere. Having only "suffered" through three episodes I figure I'll cut 'em some slack if tonight I don't see what's behind the hatch.

John K.

19. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

The description for tonight's episode from titantv.com:

Lost

Man of Science, Man of Faith

As the second season opens, one of the castaways enters the hatch and discovers its contents. Also, a survivor of the attack on the raft makes an appearance. As does Jack's wife, Sarah (Julie Bowen), in a flashback. Meanwhile, Shannon runs into a familiar face in the jungle. Shephard: John Terry. Desmond: Henry Ian Cusack. (2005)
    High Definition (HD) program shown in 720p
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly, Dominic Monaghan, Jorge Garcia, Maggie Grace

Drama/Action

TV14, English

20. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

thank you!

21. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi Guys,

THANKS for the advice! I'll wait on Season 2 until after i have purchased & watched Season 1.

Take care,
    Jeffrey

22. RDK

RDK Active Member

The show isn't about "answering questions" but about the mystery and other things. But if you're frustrated by any show, the best thing is to stop watching; it's not for you.

23. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I purchased Season 1 when released on DVD a few weeks ago for $34.99. I just finished watching all 24 episodes this past Sunday - so I am ready to go tonight.

Based on that, I personally wouldn't watch Season 2 until you watch Season 1 - so you are doing the right thing.

24. GregY

GregY New Member

It seems to be about revealing answers in some cases, particularly the pasts of the survivors.

Creating new plot points and then not resolving them doesn't lead to deeper meaning; I think any English professor would agree with that. It's just a sign of bad writing and lack of a grand scheme.....IF they're unable to resolve all or many of these things that are out there.

I'm not talking about the mystic hoodoo voodoo stuff like the polar bear on the island or what the psychic who warned Claire meant. I'm talking about stuff like what's in the hatch, who took the boy, why did they crash, etc. If some of these things don't start to get resolved, it would seem like the writers aren't trying hard. But hopefully we will get answers. I really did get hooked on the first season.

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...got the program ready, along with the debut of "Invasion"...hope this turns out to be good.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.