Lost: The 6th & Final Season Thread (Part 2)-The End*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by -Alan, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member Thread Starter

2. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

The little boy is definitely Jacob....so this probably goes back to childhood.
    And Desmond clearly can see the whole picture of this.

3. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Great ending, but ... Desmond did not kill (or try to kill) Smokey - that was John Locke. So, if he killed Locke won't Smokey only get to inhabit his corpse?

4. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

So, was that a ghost or does Smokey have to escape the Island before Jacob grows up (again) into an adult? Is Smokey facing some deadline before he is back to where he started?

5. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

I'm more and more convinced that the island is the Gates of Hell on earth, it's the only thing my mind fits with the themes of redemption, and the supernatural stuff (living forever), and still fit with what Cuse and the other producer have told us. They're not dead (but Michael & the whisperers cant get off the island), and if the Man In Black is from hell (but not necc The Devil) it can really mess up the real world, so Jacob and his candidates are there to keep Man In Black on the island, doesnt make Jacob good, since he kind of ruined the candidates lives, but he's just not as evil.

6. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Great to see Hurley taking charge, and Jack respecting him -- it's about time!

7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Here's hoping there's something cool down in that well!

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Hope Des doesn't have to stay down in that well for two or more episodes. I can see one denouement of plot elements involving Desmond being electromagnetically nuked down in that well.

Hang in there brother.

9. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

It does seem to be some sort of hell as Michael is stuck there forever...

10. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I also hope during Ben, Richard & Miles 'trip', there's some talking! Ben deserves ANSWERS!! The way he said 'candidates', you can tell he's a little pissed.

11. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

Two great episodes in a row. This season is really getting better.

12. cooper16

cooper16 Forum Resident

So Desmond was able to glimpse his alternate reality after making physical contact with Penny and Hurley had the same type of flashback after kissing Libby. Could it be that finding your constant (or true love, soul mate, whatever) acts as a catalyst to unite the two realities and restore a balance to things? This begs the question: Who is Kate's constant? I'm guessing the writer's are going to have fun messing with our expectations on that one.

Another great episode, BTW. I especially like that Sun continues to be unable to speak. I hope this remains the case for the rest of the series. ;)

13. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

This season is really getting better. ....I agree ,the show plays with you

14. Pericles

Pericles Forum Resident

About 5 seasons too late...

15. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

+1 on Sun not speaking....

16. Keith Moon

Keith Moon Active Member

+2 on Sun not speaking....

17. jojopuppyfish

+ 3.....and her husband too

18. Keith Moon

Keith Moon Active Member

I typically like Jin.

19. jojopuppyfish

I think Sun is the worst along with Claire......Clarie moves up during this season.....now she's crazy but she still always says "where's my baby"

20. JacksonGrey

JacksonGrey New Member

I'm beginning to suspect this conclusion will disappoint. If you consider the key events of the last few series, the others, Michael's little boy with the 'gift'... A lot of it is beginning to feel like filler, in light of this season's heaven/hell slant. :(

21. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

You're on the same wavelength I am. Here's what the show's presented for those who have made contact with Desmond:

- Charlie didn't have contact with Claire, though, he had a near-death experience. We assume he saw Claire in his flashes.

- Charlotte isn't Daniel's constant - Desmond is. She is his true love, though.

- Locke's true love appears to be his wife. Pure conjecture, but Desmond hitting him can result in (a) a near-death experience (like Charlie) and/or (b) a trip to the hospital where he will finally accept an appointment with Jack (who could be his "trigger").

Someone at work suggested Desmond was trying to hurt Smokey, but we couldn't hash out the idea. If the Ajira plane happens to be a one-way ticket to Sidewaysville then maybe. The only explanation I refuse to accept is Desmond did it out of revenge - it's way too complicated for that.

Mark

22. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I'm wondering if Desmond could be in both realities at once? The way he was smiling, almost drugged on the island...it's possible he is manipulating the sideways reality from the island.
    Hitting Locke, the whole idea of killing him...it came after he was dropped down the well, at least, they showed it that way, iirc.

23. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Good episode.
    Hugo, Libby, wish you would talk to me. And she does, but in the sideways which sets Hugo right.

There a lot of options for Desmond trying to kill Lock.
    I saw Desmond hitting Lock for paypack for being thrown down the well on the island.

My wife mentioned that maybe Lock was MIB off the island and Desmond figured it out because Desmond is in both timelines at the same time.
    Which feeds someone elses guess that Eloise is working for MIB by keeping all of the islanders under control in the alternate timeline.

Or it could simply be that Lock was supposed to die. Is dead on the island and was killed by Desmond in the alternate timeline to even up the lines.

Fun stuff. Can't wait for more.

24. cooper16

cooper16 Forum Resident

I like this idea. Since Locke was able to walk after the plane crash perhaps this accident will be the catalyst for his paralysis being reversed in the sideways timeline.

25. pedrohead

pedrohead Forum Resident

But the understanding you get (from his conversation with FLocke on the island) is that Desmond doesn't know that FLocke is actually Smokey...he still thinks he's John Locke

If he thinks the actual Locke threw him down the well on the island and he's living in both realities, he could be extracting revenge on the sideways Locke thinking it's the same person. Not realizing he's Smokey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.