Lost: The 6th & Final Season Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Barnabas Collins, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

+1 on Michael Emerson... Plays the part perfect....

2. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

:biglaugh:

And then Flocke says "The deal was for a Pepsi, it's better than Coke"...and the show ends as the two started debating anew.

3. musicalbeds

Agreed, he's fantastic. It's cool to see a guy like him enjoying the limelight...this is his time, his part, and he deserves some of the credit for making the show watchable.

He'll never have another part like this one, with all the attention that comes with it....I would say he's making the most of it.

4. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

I wondered along similar lines, but Jacob's appearances with Sayid and Hurley always blow the theory. If you can work them in, you're onto something.

Mark

5. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

The guy playing Eko has to be the dumbest person in hollywood.
    He is a no name actor who gets a big part on the most happening
    show running and......he quits.........
    If he said he was treated bad, that's one thing.
    Not liking the part is another good reason to leave.
    Not liking Hawaii is pathetic......

I take this back....I just read on IMDB he did not get along with Terry o'Quinn

6. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Remember, they (Damon & Carlton) had actually CHANGED Eko's character after meeting and talking to him....., so, who knows why he choose to leave? Maybe he felt he deserved some sort of 'development' credit?

7. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

Damn those writers... once again making things clearer but revealing yet another layer of fog. Still so much to ponder - at least three theories have passed since the episode ended. I can't wait for the West Coast to catch up and see all the discussions.

Mark

8. jojopuppyfish

Loved this episode. Its all coming together. I'm trying not to think to hard on why he needs the manifest of the plane.....cause that came out of no where.

9. musicalbeds

Desmond episodes ROCK! "You've always got a choice"...tonight's episode wasn't the first time he's said that. I can't remember when, but I'm fairly certain Desmond has previously uttered those words.

10. I think it was more than that and he had appeared in "The Mummy Returns" and two years of "OZ" where he received acclaim.

I would think even if he didn't get along with O'Quinn they could have arranged something for him. I suspect he just didn't want to be tied to a particular role for an extended period of time which is something that is common with many actors. They want variety and if they are in demand, they can get it. The guy was from the UK so maybe he missed home.

11. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Yes, it was good. Interesting about Desmond and how he might fit into the plans and the final outcome.

Pat

12. matthew5

matthew5 Forum Resident

you would figure Widmore would have better protection for his prized package. Considering the future of all humanity depends on it. But I suppose Sayid will just waltz in from nowhere and take him.

13. Well I'm not sure if I predicted what the outcome of the series was but it appears to be going the way that I thought it would...

14. vince

First off... EXCELLENT Desmond episode!!!! It was not just so good to see Daniel and Charlie, but to also have them both experiencing alternate timelines in their minds!!! That Barbara Bush-do on Eloise HAS TO GO!!!

Secondly, as for this tangled web of spoiler crap, I live on the west coast in Vegas and we don't touch this site until AFTER the show has aired here. Very simple. Period.

15. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

Is it me, or was this the best episode this season hands down? It seemed to fly by! Not to take anything away from the Alpert episode, for which Nestor Carbonell should unquestionably get an Emmy nomination, but *this* episode was the first one where I felt the writers/producers were not stalling for time until big reveals took place. This one felt a whole lot like a show from an earlier season, when the plot ground was still fertile and there were many places to go.

Dan

16. matthew5

matthew5 Forum Resident

I found it deceptive. It seemed like it was heading towards being major filler until Desmond has the epiphany in the water. Now there is no doubt that the timelines are intertwined somehow. Not at least we know for sure that the sideways timeline isn't filler.

17. jojopuppyfish

I'm just glad the sideways timeline is going away.

18. ZappaSG

ZappaSG New Member

First half was just ok, but from when they crash the car to the end it was fantastic! Gotta love a Desmond episode!:righton:

19. vince

The important question is..... will he keep going back and forth from one reality to the other???

20. ZappaSG

ZappaSG New Member

Is there a website out there that summarizes all of what happened in a particular episode? I feel there was a lot going on last night and I would love to read up on it.

21. pedrohead

pedrohead Forum Resident

My personal favorites are those done by Jeff Jensen at http://www.EW.com/lost. They get very long, deep, and in depth (that could be good or bad, depending on what you're looking for):

22. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

23. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

24. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I always enjoy Desmond episodes and this was another excellent episode...

25. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

Some random thoughts and questions......

I'm wondering how Charles Widmore knows there is an alternate reality?

So Charles had to send Desmond to this alternate reality, I guess Desmond was not part of it to begin with (perhaps never been born)? If not, then there should have been two of him (within this timeline) when he was "visiting".

Eloise appears to be aware of living within this alternate reality?

Do Jacob and MIB figure in last night's show or does this not really involve them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.