Lost!- The New Show: It Didn't Lose Me

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mark, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

ABC has so few hits, particularly in the 'drama' category that I think as long as the ratings are semi-decent, they'll stick with it.

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

That's why I became disinterested in it right away. It would have worked as a comedy, but not as a drama.

The reason the Twilight Zone works for me is because the whole story wrapped up in a half-hour or an hour. They have to draw this one out over a whole season or longer.

3. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

I watched the first 2 hours last night. Definitely entertaining, and I'll be watching this season. However, it "smells" like one of those shows like Kingdom Hospital that will only have a small core audience of fans and which will vanish with many thread lines substantially unresolved at the end of the season...

4. Dave D

Dave D Done!

So, episode 3.......thoughts?

Boy, that Terry O'Quinn character is spooky! Nice shot to the chest from redneck boy! :rolleyes:

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...I wanna know what SHE (Kate) DID!...The Doc doesn't care, but we do here!:laugh: Any thoughts?

6. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Anyone know what song that was playing at the end? I thought it was great the way they faded from that upbeat song to some really menacing music as they panned around Terry O'Quinn's head.

On the local radio morning show, they were discussing Lost & mentioned that it looks like a movie & not like a TV show. I'd have to agree with that. Looks like ABC is hitting a home run this year with this one & Desperate Housewives (which is also very good).

7. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Anyone catch the reference to the old show, THE FUGITIVE?

Spoilers for those who've yet to see the episode:
    The lovely Kate, in a flashback, is travelling around Australia, being pursued, obviously a 'fugitve', and she ends up working at the farm of a 'one-armed man'!

Nice job!

Don't you just love the way the rain just starts and stops so suddenly?

8. MITBeta

MITBeta New Member

So my theory is that they're on an island that was used for some kind of scientific research that produced these giant polar bears (and perhaps other beasts...). This is what the French SOS was referring to in the radio broadcast... "they" killed everyone.

9. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Cool episode tonight!

Locke! That was a cool twist!

Sigh...........Kate's mouth......it's a thing of beauty! :righton:

10. Michael

...have it taped, gonna veiw it later with my Wife...Yes, Kate is yummy. :D

11. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

12. Michael