Lost: The Sixth and Final Season-"The End" (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

The show that never dies.

3. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

I've started watching LOST with my 12-year old son; it's fun seeing it again through his eyes. We just got through "Confidence Man" (Season One, Episode 7 or 8) and he's loving it.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Tell your son to write down any questions he has, then see how many of them are answered by the final episode.

5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Lost season 7.

6. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

I vividly remember thinking Season one, and I guess really most of season two, were so exciting, so different, it was like a whole world of possibilities.

Mixed in with awesome back stories of all the main characters.

Looked forward to discussing what might be going on at work the next morning for those 2 years.

Rhett, jriems and JimC like this.
  7. Sean Murdock

If I do that, and the percentage of questions answered is over, say, 75% -- will you stop complaining about the show?

8. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Is this a repeating time-loop?

wrappedinsky and numer9 like this.
  9. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I wonder why there's never been a spinoff? I'd like to see one if it was done properly. There are so many characters or time periods there could be a spinoff from.

10. Sean Murdock

I'm getting a nosebleed, if that's any indication...

wrappedinsky likes this.
  11. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I remember thinking as the first season went on that the other survivors would at some point start questioning whether Jack was truly a doctor, considering almost every patient he had died.

I remember thinking why are all these people following Jack? I'm going to follow the guy who's going out in the jungle and bringing back food. Anyone who has had any survival training would be laughing at these fools.

I remember thinking why do they keep using flashbacks almost like a daytime soap opera? Then I realized the program made as much sense as a daytime soap opera.

groundharp likes this.
  12. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

They followed Jack, because he's a doctor, and on an island of numerous hazards, you need a doctor. Makes sense.

They used flashbacks for character background and to build mystery as it became increasingly apparent through the flashbacks that the characters on the island had some kind of connection before crashing on the island. Furthermore, they built upon the flashbacks, using them to set up the season 3 finale plot twist. Absolutely brilliant! One of the most creative shows in televison history!

chilinvilin, Rhett, kevintomb and 2 others like this.
  13. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I could go for a tightly scripted sequel mini series, but I don't think there are enough mysteries to make a compelling regular show, and it would be pointless to strand another group of people on the island.

14. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I kind of like the idea of a Sawyer series. Sawyer's adventures in the U.S. I found the flash sideways in season 6 compelling. They were almost a series in themselves.

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

There's a 25% chance that'll happen! ;)

16. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Liked it up through
    S05 , S06 was very very
    dissapointing

17. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

amazon.com has a few hardcover bargain* copies of The Lost Encyclopedia for $18.

Sean Murdock likes this.
  18. Drew

Drew Senior Member

Your missing my point. The audience knew he was a doctor because of the flashbacks. The other people on the island only knew he was a doctor because he claimed to be a doctor. His performance attending to other people's injuries over the course of the first season (and the entire series, actually) is so laughably bad that I'd be running in the other direction. I'd be saying "what freaking Cracker Jack box did you get your medical license out of? Don't tell me your a doctor... SHOW ME YOUR A DOCTOR!"

At least the Korean woman had a treatment for asthma. Jack had a treatment for nothing.

Anyone who's had any survival training would laugh their way through this show. The only person who showed any survival skills at all in the early seasons was Locke.

For me it's easily the most over-rated TV series ever. And I posted the same thing years before the finale aired.

19. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

You guys are still talking about this show?

20. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Yes, the haters are still hating and the fans are still fanning.

chilinvilin, JimC and DreadPikathulhu like this.
  21. alexpop

Thanks for the heads up, only 5 copies left.

stereoptic likes this.
  22. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

I actually think about the last episode quite a bit over the years.

The moment that sticks out is when Ben asks for forgiveness for everything he did to John. Just great acting.

Vidiot likes this.
  23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Michael Emmerson is a helluva good actor, as is Terry O'Quinn.

24. alexpop

Is there any way to better the Lost series with today's technology or is the existing blu rays still alright ?

25. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Time to start getting the Blu-ray season sets when I see them for a good price. Just got season 1 on eBay for $18 new including shipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.