Lost: The Sixth and Final Season-"The End" (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

LOST
    Wasn’t aware of actual longer episodes.

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yes, quite a few plotlines were cut short or even completely discarded to bring them in at the network's 43-minute runtime. We finished some of those sequences, and I was told they would be used for a "future home video release," but I dunno if it ever happened.

What I always laughed at were some Lost scenes that weren't quite finished but they aired anyway. One was a helicopter sequence where all that was out the window was blue-screen, and they ran out of time to do the VFX composite. One of the producers shrugged and said, "aaaaa, it's close enough to the sky" and they let it go. I was told they were going to go back and fix it when they had a chance, but I dunno if it ever happened.

alexpop likes this.
  3. alexpop

Hopefully all the unused plotline footage could be used in some updated media box set. Though I can only see the logic of releasing something like that is if the show gets a reboot.

4. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I'm pretty sure my DVDs all have additional deleted scenes as part of the extras. I would think that most of them are there.

5. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Ah, the Series Finale. I always got a Narnia The Last Battle vibe coming to the end of the show.

6. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I'm going through all the sesons of LOST again. In a strange manner. . . . I started watching Season 6, thought that would be it, just wanted to re-watch the end. (I like this season). And then. . . a few days later. . . I kept thinking about the series and put in Season 5. During and after Season 5 I realized how much I didn't remember clearly of Season 4. . . so that was in the Oppo next. And then a week later. . . I found that I have Seasons 1, 2 and 3 here and not in storage and I popped in Season 1. I'm nearing the end of that Season now, and know I'll move on to 2 and then 3.

Season 1 is one of the most powerful network television shows I've ever seen. If not the most intriguing and well-put-together. Just amazingly good.

7. alexpop

Binge watching 2011( didn’t see the series real time ) I started with S2( seen it cheap, thought why not) blown away with s2 only to find S1 stronger if not equal. Binged watch the complete series for the ( positively) fourth time last year.

8. Maybe this has been published or mentioned before but the original plan was for the series to be 3 seasons. The final amount of episodes were negioated-ABC wanted the series to run 10 seasons and Lindeloff/Cuse were still pushing for 3 seasons. They finally agreed to what we have but they both felt the series would run out of gas by a fourth & fifth season. They also knew the end but they had to keep expanding and adding characters to meet the goal of network.
    Exclusive: Damon Lindelof on the Original 3-Season Plan for ‘Lost’ and the Negotiation to End the Series

Vidiot likes this.
  9. alexpop

Lost Reboot?
    It can only suck.

10. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

I would like to see a Lost: Gilligan’s Island spin off.

*Zod* likes this.
  11. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

I made the same decision, but at a certain point, even the charms of Evangeline weren't enough to keep me interested in the show when I realized that if the writers ever had a plan for the story, they'd long since abandoned it and were simply making things up as they went along. When I saw a giant hole in the plot that could not possibly be explained or excused, I bailed. Maybe sometime in season 4?

I did get value from the time I spent watching the show (beyond simply enjoying seeing Evangeline
    /Kate each week, that is), but at the point where I stopped watching, I felt it would no longer be a good investment of my time. The way the series ended seems to have confirmed my belief. As far as I am personally concerned, the folks who complain about the way the show ended simply stayed with it too long.

For me, the show was entertaining, fun, and thought-provoking, until it wasn't... and I got out.

Vidiot likes this.
  12. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Cool. I stayed in it. and I've watched the whole series about five times now. And will probably watch it again in the future. It just appeals to me, and as time goes by, because of the groundwork of the first three, I enjoy the last three seasons more and more.

Scotian, Echoes Myron and alexpop like this.
  13. alexpop

Genius show if you ask me.

Scowl, Lonson and Echoes Myron like this.
  14. alexpop

LOST
    Is in my top three tv series of all time.

Lonson and Scotian like this.
  15. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Yep,
    1. The Leftovers
    2. The Wire
    3. Lost

rogertheshrubber, Lonson and alexpop like this.
  16. alexpop

Breaking Bad
    Lost
    Game Of Thrones

Scotian likes this.
  17. alexpop

Nice there’s a few fans of LOST on this forum.

Scotian and Lonson like this.
  18. alexpop

There was a article today in Variety about Lost.

19. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

Sopranos
    ST: TNG
    Simpsons

20. alexpop

21. alexpop

22. alexpop

It’s that type of show. :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  23. alexpop

This was excellent!!!!

24. alexpop

Very important task. :)

25. alexpop

Yeah. Plan on watching The Wire again.

Scotian and Scope J like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.