Love 2004 Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rockerreds, Mar 26, 2020.

1. rockerreds

rockerreds Forum Resident Thread Starter

Did anyone else catch Arthur Lee and Love on their 2004 tour? I saw them in West Collingswood NJ with Johnny Echols in tow and it was the greatest set I have ever witnessed!

angelo73 and cwitt1980 like this.
  2. bRETT

bRETT Forum Resident

That was the Forever Changes tour? Saw it, loved it, but I think they were better a couple years earlier when Arthur was in stronger shape and the setlist was allover the map.

GerryO and melstapler like this.
  3. popscene

popscene Forum Resident

I saw them probably half a dozen times between 2002-2004, and it was always a fantastic time. Baby Lemonade was the right band for Arthur at the time, and Johnny joining them on occasion was a real treat.

They also sold the On Earth Must Be EP on that tour. I also have a glow-in-the dark Love logo t-shirt somewhere, but I think that was from an earlier tour. I'll have to break that out!

I think the Forever Changes tour was in 2003, @bRETT (from one Brett to another).

GerryO and bRETT like this.
  4. bRETT

bRETT Forum Resident

Right, and I think that was the last one to come to my neck of the woods.

5. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

I saw Arthur twice in Dublin.

2 April 2003 - Forever Changes tour at the Village.

16 June 2002 - Ambassador Theatre.

Both with Baby Lemonade.

GerryO likes this.
  6. MikeM

MikeM Senior Member

I'm not sure what year it was I saw Love double-billed with The Zombies, but it was a great show.

I thought I understood the Johnny Echols had just rejoined them the show before the one I saw. I chatted with him briefly at the side of the stage afterwards.

It was great in every way, but what I wasn't prepared for was the strength and clarity of Arthur Lee's voice. It was truly powerful, in the best possible way. I feel lucky to have seen all those songs that have meant so much to me for so long performed live. I never imagined I would have got that chance.

GerryO likes this.
  7. MarcS

MarcS Forum Resident

I was at that show. 6th and last time I saw Arthur and I had no idea Johnny was gonna be there. I remember the house was pretty empty for Love and I picked up the love on earth must be ep there.

8. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

The last show I saw before social distancing was a few weeks back, Johnny Echols and Baby Lemonade doing Forever Changes in a small club in LA.
    It was far sloppier than the 2004 shows, but it was intentionally casual.

I definitely miss Arthur's voice.

popscene likes this.
  9. hyntsonsvmse

hyntsonsvmse Johnny Guitar

We saw them at Sheffield Boardwalk. A tiny club where the crowd goes right to the stage. No Bouncers bullying people.
    The band were on top form with AL putting in an unforgettable performance. They played a sizable part of four sail(my fave love album) including the seminal, August(was that the opener?). We got the full version of signed DC (out here version) Goosebumps om the tremendous solo on signed DC
    In fact ive just put out here on to commemorate the great man.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020