LOVE "Forever Changes", one of my favorite albums of all time.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member

I personally like the Love Story version better. The new one has the high-end goosed a bit, not to really any painful extent, but enough so that I prefer the original issue. I haven't AB-ed in ages, though.

2. Tony Caldwell

Tony Caldwell Senior Member

After reading this thread, I decided to order a copy of this cd.

I listened to it tonight, and I am totally blown away. I am still listening to the bonus tracks, but when the disc ends, I plan on playing it again. It has been a LONG time since I was this impressed by a "new" album. New to me, anyway.

Finding something new like this is what makes collecting and listening to music so much fun!

A big thank you to Steve for starting this thread, and also to everyone who voted for this album in the recent poll for best album of 1967... My curiosity finally got the best of me.

If you are reading this and haven't heard this album, either buy it or borrow it!!

Now I guess I will have to go back and pick up the first two albums, too!

Happy Listening!
    Tony

3. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

I finally found this remaster. It sounds amazing, warm and analog.

4. John54

John54 Senior Member

Forever Changes is a great record, but I really disliked it when I bought it. It was the first time I had ever bought an LP off a review (Hit Parader). It wasn't until 1980 that I rediscovered it (through UFO's cover of Alone Again Or), and soon came to admire it. That was a rather bad year for music in my recollection, and Love filled the gap well ...

5. rcdupre

rcdupre Flying is Trying is Dying

it's pretty cool alright, I like the later Love stuff more, I find it more interesting as I've not heard it as much...like "Singing Cowboy", a great song !!! Steve: have you ever heard Harvey Mandel - Cristo Redentor (1969) ? I'd think you'd like this, I rate this even higher than Forever Changes, it's all instrumental and is one of the greatest psych releases of all time, imo...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    nstza, PH416156 and RiRiIII like this.
  6. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

A life-changing record for me, at least. A Masterpiece.

7. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

So what is the best (in print) version of FOREVER CHANGES one can get? A friend wants to try it.

Thanks.

8. Linto

Linto Mayor of Simpleton

9. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

lowellmorris likes this.
  10. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

The recent Rhino reissue on vinyl is phenomenal.

11. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

+1 on the recent Rhino reissue. Nice sound, good pressing quality and great price.

lowellmorris likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.