LoVE's Forever Changes 50th anniversary celebration. Music, book...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lemonade kid, Sep 22, 2017.

1. lemonade kid

lemonade kid Forever Changing Thread Starter

Love's Forever Changes 50th! WOW!

[​IMG]

This from Michael....to me:

A funny thing has happened... Cadiz publishing in England wants to republish my book in print form to mark the 50 year anniversary of Forever Changes.
    They already sent me a preliminary cover design and the Love logo is the same as on the ebook for which you designed the cover; you know...same kind of font but without the male/female symbols. -MSW

The font is Shagadelic...a very cool font. I've asked Michael to keep us informed as to when it will be available, and how to get it. -lk

[​IMG]

2. lemonade kid

More celebrations!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Johnny's homage to that iconic Forever changes back cover photo.

Michael Stuart-Ware has told me over the years that he doesn't mind being a bit forgotten by Love Revisited on their tours. He said, after all, Love with Baby Lemonade is the longest incarnation of LoVE, decades on, and they deserve credit for carrying on the LoVE!! And they do a cracker jack job of it too...fronted by the man...Johnny Echols. -lk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Follow them on facebook...

"Forever Changes was originally released in November of 1967.

LOVE consisted of Arthur Lee, Johnny Echols, Bryan Maclean, Michael Stuart and Ken Forsi when this brilliant LP was put out. We will do our best to give it to you in a way we hope you will dig...
    It's been way too long." --Mike Randall

[​IMG]

A great 50th anniversary show Nov. 4th, 2017. Damn, my birthday-wish I could be there.
    A good friend will and I expect a full accounting!!

Cool line up of other acts aside from Johnny E. and Love Revisited; Chambers Brothers, Los Straitjackets, Honeys, Swamp Dogg, and more.....

[​IMG]

3. lemonade kid

Anyone know if we'll get any 50th celebration music (besides the Glastonbury Show on DE...great stuff BTW!
    [​IMG]

WilliamWes likes this.
  4. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

Damn I wish I was in LA!

tug_of_war likes this.
  5. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

One of the Greatest albums from the 60's w/o doubt.

6. auralden

auralden Forum Resident

7. adad

adad Forum Resident

Happy 5oth
    One of my favorite albums of all time.

8. WilliamWes

WilliamWes Likes to sing along but he knows not what it means

An album that was shrouded in the darkness of the lower ends of a Billboard chart populated with long players that never lasted as long as the incredible Forever Changes by Love. Just a little entry climbing to the top of a Laurel Canyon, in the glow of a Sunset Strip night, living through mystical times, shrouded in mystery, growing in the darkness only to break through the doors to overshadow all but just a few albums ever to grace rock's slab of life. An album that survived a forever that has changed through generations to reach new fans and faces, to attract the minds of people all over the globe, and to enhance life to the fullest musical experience with an immortal and unforgettable magic.

nstza, team2, fortherecord and 9 others like this.
  9. Coppertop Tester

Coppertop Tester Forum Resident

I had purchased tickets to this show, but unfortunately, it was cancelled. Customers received a full refund right away, so it doesn't appear that it is being re-scheduled any time soon.

10. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

It's most relevant album that come out in 1967, and I think it's superseded Pepper now.

11. lemonade kid

I saw that....bummer! I was hoping for a full accounting of the shows!!

12. lemonade kid

Yes. Forever Changes....and.... Are you referencing Bryan's wonderful solo album? andifyoubelivein?

phillyal1 likes this.
  13. adad

adad Forum Resident

Yes I am. I believe Bryan had a big part of the sound of Forever Changes. You can hear it in his solo album Andifyoubelivein. That sound is missing in the later Love releases without him.
    You dont need to know all the stories behind the album. You can hear it.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    limoges, lemonade kid, zphage and 3 others like this.
  14. Dr-Winston

Dr-Winston Forum Resident

That is a bummer maybe they will reschedule in the summer?

ajsmith likes this.
  15. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Yes, he was indeed.

lemonade kid, fortherecord and adad like this.
  16. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

I'll never forget the first time I heard Forever Changes, driving around in a car with an old friend on a hot day. He popped it in the stereo and said "you need to hear this." I was hooked from the first thirty seconds.

RiRiIII and lemonade kid like this.
  17. J Willard Woods

J Willard Woods Well-Known Member

I am a new fan but have bought and sold many LOVE lp's maybe 12 or more Forever Changes and the whole Elektra catalog too being a Trader in Rare Rock N Roll since 1987. I do not know why I didn't listen sooner but I am Glad I did. I Love Sgt Peppers I grew up with but FC kicks it's ass . Arthur Lee was a Musical Genius. Love should have been the biggest band out of Los Angeles in the late 1960's. Arthur Lee was Tragically Hip before the awesome Canadian band took the name . RIP Arthur Lee an d Gordon Edgar Downie The Tragically Hip's Singer and lyricist. It was Gordon Downie who said I would dig LOVE in the early 1990s. He was a good dude and will be sorely missed. I hope gord has been talking with Arthur in Heaven.

lemonade kid, Revolver and noladaoh like this.
  18. adad

adad Forum Resident

I got to see Love with Arthur Lee at Street Scene San Diego in 2003. It was one of a few shows he did in the US playing most of Forever Changes with a string section. Great show. Saw X and the Doors 21st Century that day too. Love was easily the highlight for me.

19. lemonade kid

Yes they were the most popular band in LA in 1966-67, but Arthur's reluctance to tour killed them beyond LA.

20. ToneLa

ToneLa Forum Resident

21. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Curious as to why that is. Is there a champion who plays the music for others? Word of mouth? Strange for a 50 year old album.

lemonade kid and ToneLa like this.
  22. ToneLa

ToneLa Forum Resident

I think it's principally because it really is a classic album for acoustic guitar. It got cited by plenty of bands in the 80s (see my avatar!) and I know a lot of us mourned Arthur Lee's passing.

If you've ever heard of "cosmic scouse"... :) it's basically not unusual to be really au fait with Beefheart, Love, and other psychedelic bands. It's cultural and a lot of bands over the decades seem to have absorbed what Arthur Lee did first.

Here's a local magazine shedding a lot of local flavour on it... from only last year! featuring Johnny Echols!

23. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

If the people in Liverpool are so hip, how come no musicians of any merit have ever come from there? :whistle:

SteveM, lemonade kid, bzfgt and 7 others like this.
  24. ToneLa

ToneLa Forum Resident

Oh come on now. We had The Farm! :edthumbs:

25. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

:doh:

lemonade kid and rediffusion like this.