LoVE's Forever Changes 50th anniversary celebration. Music, book...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lemonade kid, Sep 22, 2017.

1. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

LOL pass.
    but it doesnt have the love on earth must be song on it.

2. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Apparently there's a studio version with Arthur singing, but it has never been released.

White Dog likes this.
  3. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

someone once told me it was sold at gigs on some cdr-there were several i think

4. lemonade kid

lemonade kid Forever Changing Thread Starter

I have a bunch if you'd like a WeTransfer of mp3 files.

I have these digital files and on CD (and a several more live concerts):

"Five String Serenade"
    "Love On Earth Must Be"
    "Studio/Live"
    "Reel To Real"
    "Love Lost"
    "Vindicator"
    "Arthur Lee & Love-Live in England 1970"
    "Fillmore West, Nov 21, 1960"

"Vara Radio, Jan. 31, 1992. Arthur Live on radio - five tracks"--this is a treasure. A rare acoustic unplugged set with just Arthur. Nick Saloman (Bevis Frond) on guitar I believe.

"BBC 1992/5/5 - radio interview with Bob Harris and songs-- this cool radio interview and acoustic set.
    Arthur Lee again with Nick Salomon helping on guitar promoting his New Rose release. They also played some LP cuts which have been cut out. On the end is a brief interview with Bob Harris on 25 March 1992. Arthur on mouth harp is stellar on Signed DC.
    1-Intro
    2-Five String Serenade
    3-Signed DC
    4-Interview
    6-Ninety Nine Miles Away
    7-Passing By
    8-Interview

ceddy10165 and White Dog like this.
  5. lemonade kid

Here is what may be the only recorded version of "Love On Earth Must Be" at the book signing for Einarson's "Forever Changes"...performed by Baby Lemonade (the Love band).

6. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Hey!
    I've collected Arthur/Love releases for years and have all that stuff, except I never managed to track down a copy of "Love On Earth Must Be". Or even a rip of it.
    Any help for getting mp3s of that would be much appreciated. It's not like it's being manufactured and sold, then I would buy a copy right away.

7. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

did arthur do Love on Earth Must Be live? do you know the date? i have some boots but dont remember hearing that song. Rainbow yes, but Love on Earth no.
    would love mp3 of studio/fm versions of rainbow and love on earth must be ....actually any version of love on earth must be.

would love a flac of the cdr with love on earth must be but wont complain about an mp3:edthumbs:

8. The Freedom Man

The Freedom Man The Freedom Man

Rainbow In The Storm was played live on April 12 in Aberdeen 2005 in the UK. There is a recording

Only a few copies of Love On Earth Must Be were sold years ago.It was actullay an unfinished song, never really finished. I don’t think it was played life at gigs
    I have a video tape of the recording of the song in the studio.I was asked years ago not to share it, so please don’t ask me for a copy. It also had a nice song from Johnny Echols.... maybe a Gethsemane song...? I’m not sure if it is, haven’t watched the footage in years.

White Dog, DTK and lemonade kid like this.
  9. The Freedom Man

The Freedom Man The Freedom Man

I wasn’t directly responding to you but just in general, sorry about the misunderstanding.

10. lemonade kid

Hi, Ed...Happy Christmas. All we have is that Baby Lem cover it seems. Sounds like a nice song.

11. lemonade kid

Rainbow In The Storm...

:tiphat:

12. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

how many unreleased arthur/bl tracks exist? enough for an album?
    if you have a decent vocal you can put a backing to it. rainbow in the storm is a throwback to fc but it
    still great.

lemonade kid likes this.
  13. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

So, I never really got "forever changes". I loved "alone again or" but that's it.
    Tried many times.
    welp someone mentioned it again on youtube and decided to give it another go. Decided to listen to the new 4cd set on headphones.
    the stereo and mono didnt do much for me. (mono sucks on headphones though). the 2015 pono also did nothing for me. I even heard a rip of an original uk lp which also did nothing.

However, when i heard the alt mix disc i loved it! way more "audiophile" to my ears than the original stereo mix. After reading this thread and learning the master tape is gone.Now i know why all versions of the original stereo sounded meh.
    I would love the alt mix on vinyl.

I will say the who quadrophenia was the same for me. I tried tons of digital versions. But when i finally bought it on LP (i went for the uk track!) i instantly "got it"
    Maybe i just need to get forever changes on vinyl and it will deliver like the alt mix did?

lemonade kid likes this.
  14. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

Hm, perhaps... The Rhino from (2014?) certainly offered better instrument separation and clearity than I had heard from this album before (cd as well as vinyl). And it’s all analog. So you could give that one a go.

pinkrudy likes this.
  15. lemonade kid

The 50th, newly remastered, is the best yet on vinyl. It pops and hits you like a wall of sound--everything is separate, clear, powerful and distinct. Booming bass, and on fire drumming. Michael & Kenny's rhythm section is finally upfront and cookin'.
    You may pay a lot to get it ($100) but it is also worth noting the the DVD 5.1 included for your player is amazing and is the best on digital disc yet. It also has the alt. Forever Changes CD & a CD of outtakes and singles. And the packaging is fantastic and eye popping.

Electric Sydney and pinkrudy like this.
  16. lemonade kid

[​IMG]

team2 and DTK like this.
  17. lemonade kid

[​IMG]
    Hollywood Bowl 1967

18. team2

team2 Forum Resident

"But it’s possible that Love’s prophetic brilliance afforded it a timelessness that took decades to slip into focus."

Wow, if that line doesn't sum it all up...

Lightworker likes this.
  19. lemonade kid

Yes indeed. Do you follow your fellow countryman's Love forum...Torben Skott's Arthur Lee/Love forum is the best Love forum in the world.
    Johnny has started posting again with Love Revisited updates coming soon....

Messageboard For Love Fans

AlienRendel and Nielsoe like this.
  20. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

Yes I do occasionally drop by to check up on facts and also news.

21. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Yes. And my CD no longer plays. CD rot as they say. But at least the cover is autographed to me!

DTK likes this.
  22. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Arthur Lee's birthday today.

iggyd and lemonade kid like this.
  23. lemonade kid

sharedon likes this.
  24. rkt88

rkt88 The unknown soldier

i clicked that link and it said "arthur's other self". it reminded me he once had a very large black labrador, ...named. SELF!.. it was kinda mean and bit. HA!

i got to see arthur shortly before he died and was also able to catch one of his troubadour gigs with that baby lemonade. they redeemed themselves well as i remember it.

in a really lousy period ( for us both i'm sure ) we were down the hall neighbors in a WeHo apt bldg. i shudder at the memory of that time.

25. lemonade kid

You were lucky to have seen Arthur perform. I envy you.

Arthur was a trend setter....funny you brought up "Self".

I remember reading that Arthur felt that Jim Morrison was pretty obsessed with being like "Arthur". Jim couldn't get next to Arthur (even hanging around Arthur's house for days, basically stalking him), so Jim became friends with Love's Bryan. Jim got a black lab like Arthur's. Jim got Arthur's former girlfriend, Pam. Jim and the Doors wanted to be as big as Love, and got signed to Love's record label due to Arthur's insistence that Jac go see The Doors...

Well, after all, Arthur and Love were pretty cool, and they were the hottest band in LA... for a while.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Lightworker likes this.