LPs of 90's albums, plus 70's 80's rock

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spot1019, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spot1019

spot1019 Forum Resident Thread Starter

such as Richard Thompsons wonderful Froom/Blake produced albums Mirror Blue and Rumor and Sigh.
    Los Lobos, The Neighborhood, Kiko, Colossal Head.

Classic rock artists mostly untouched previously
    by audiophile reissues: Yes, Aerosmith, Police (done right), Fleetwood Mac (the blues and POP stuff), Queen (first 3), Pretenders, Clash.

2. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

LOS LOBOS!!!! LOS LOBOS!!!! LOS LOBOS!!!

Sorry 'bout the all caps.

Yes, somewhere at the very top of my wish list is 'Kiko'. A masterpiece. On vinyl, oh man, what a treat that would be. 'The Neighborhood' and 'Colossal Head' would be great contenders too.

I'd also love Steve to work his magic on all of the Crowded House albums, especially 'Woodface'.

Squeeze's 'East Side Story' is on my list as well, but the MoFi CD was great, and I finally found a NM original British vinyl. Hard to imagine better sound from this classic!:D

The Pixies' 'Surfer Rosa' would be very fun on vinyl as well.

BTW, if 'Kiko' comes out on SACD, that'll be the clincher. I'll buy a player that same day!

Dan C

3. efhjr

efhjr Idler Wheel Enthusiast

Just thought I'd stick my neck out as another Spot 1019 fan. I've got all their recordings on vinyl and CD and love 'em all. I even put the band up in my apartment when they toured with Camper van Beethoven back in 1988 or so. They were cool guys.

Their records were in my reissue wish list for a long time, but then they were reissued. Of course, a Spot 1019 box set, with liner notes, 24-bit remastered CDs and LPs on 180g virgin vinyl would be cool, too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.