Lucrecia Dalt ~ Official [all-encompassing] Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SinnerSaint, Oct 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SinnerSaint

SinnerSaint Music is Life Thread Starter

The Audiophilic, in a headphone review, mentioned this artist:

A search on SHMF showed no results.

'Sounded' interesting!

Discuss...

2. SinnerSaint

Lucrecia Dalt - Conversa fr: Commotus 2012

3. SinnerSaint

4. SinnerSaint

Anticlines [2018] - Lucrecia Dalt

5. Davey

Davey NP: a.s.o. ~ a.s.o. (2023 LP)

Just searched and I have 30 posts mentioning Lucrecia Dalt, so I guess you just mean no results in a thread title search. She is really interesting, the Commotus record from 2014 is a huge favorite of mine, play it all the time, I have the clear vinyl and it's a bit noisy, but love it anyway. The digital is fine too, lots of dynamic range, very good sounding album.

SinnerSaint likes this.
  6. Davey

Davey NP: a.s.o. ~ a.s.o. (2023 LP)

Oops, I see you have the correct date for that album, shouldn't try to go from my aging memory on album release dates anymore :)

Anyway, Commotus is the only one of her albums I truly love, but they all have very interesting parts. I really like the vocal-song-oriented ones the best, wish she would do more of that. If looking for more along the lines of Commotus, the new Carla Dal Forno record is really good, Look Up Sharp, one of my favorites this year. I think the first Lucrecia Dalt mention I made around here was in a Julia Holter thread, and Julia does help out some on Commotus, so that's another touchstone. Jane Weaver a bit too, Virginia Wing, Anika, Jenny Hval, Vanishing Twin, Death and Vanilla, Ela Orleans, Maarja Nuut, Penelope Trappes, Faten Kanaan, and on and on, I love all these women in recent times that are crafting surrealistic pop albums, so many good ones in the last few years, makes up a huge part of my listening these days...

SinnerSaint likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.