Luke Skywalker STAR WARS Saga Has Ended

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, May 19, 2022.

1. You've met George Lucas ???? :eek: :cheers:

2. It's the best one for sure but I liked Solo. :shrug:

rock4ev, primejive and Linger63 like this.
  3. zombie dai

zombie dai people live in dreams, but not in their own

so the new 'kenobi' series i heard about was just a nightmare?

4. zombie dai

when she started hiring 'feminists' and wearing tshirts saying 'the force is female' it was a clue that she didn't understand what make star wars great- storytelling

Boom Operator, cleandan and asdf35 like this.
  5. zombie dai

video starts 3.10 before is just adverts.

the mess at lucas arts

Rodant Kapoor likes this.
  6. zombie dai

7. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I was going to say something along the same line-I am guessing it means they won't be doing any more big screen films based on legacy characters, but they'll still continue to do them for Disney+

8. cdcollector87

cdcollector87 Forum Resident

I'm surprised Disney hasn't let KK go.

9. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I think she is specifically referring to Luke, Leia and Han Solo when she says they aren’t going to recast old characters and do new stories with them.

Ewan McGregor already played Obi-Wan in three movies so it’s not really the same situation.

10. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

I'm sticking with the original trilogy and Rogue One, the latter being the best of the bunch Disney-era IP and on-par with the three IMHO.

CoachD likes this.
  11. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I'm not. George hand-picked her to run Lucasfilm, she's been a successful producer since 1982, and a bunch of people on the internet are grumpy with her for being the one in charge when the sequel trilogy suggested that a girl could be as or more powerful than Luke Skywalker. Now that trilogy is over and Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau have the Star Wars TV division on lock, and Disney is clearly prioritizing that (as well as Disney+) right now.

12. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

I guess I'm the only one who liked "Solo?" (shrug)

13. zombie dai

so literally skywalkers (as han and leia married)

14. Bluesman Mark

Bluesman Mark I'm supposed to put something witty here....

Haven't watched a single second of any of it beyond the original trilogy, don't plan to change that. In fact, of the original trilogy the only one I think was worth a damn is Empire. 1st one wasn't terrible, & at the age I was when it 1st came out, (15), it was more impressive at the time. Thank goodness I saw many other far better movies over the years to educate me about good films.

Jedi was pat, predictable & annoyingly so. After that I was through with the whole thing.

Boom Operator and Stencil like this.
  15. BeatleJWOL

It was fun! It reminded me of reading the old EU books back in the day. I was mildly annoyed by the scene showing how he got his name (really??) but as far as the film went, I thought Alden did a fantastic job.

lbangs and SRC like this.
  16. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

Disney Star Wars is kind of like the '80s version of Yes. Sure, you can buy the trademarks and hire some of the same people, but it's not the real thing.

17. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Kind of the same way I feel about purchasing Pixar stock shares to support a growing tech and artistic movement...and then ending up with Disney shares that I can't afford to dump (even though I supported Pixar in the first place in hopes it would help make Disney obsolete).

I started out as Don Quixote, tilting at windmills...now I am the Evil Empire. M-I-C-K-E-Y, V-A-D-E-R!

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  18. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

It's not "cool" to like it, but you're definitely not the only one. It was a fun movie, which is all it needed to be.

19. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Meanwhile, Sony is on their third Spider-man. Fox cast almost every X-man character except for Wolverine 2-3 times.

Chris DeVoe and rock4ev like this.
  20. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

Seeing the Rebels vs the Empire in a space, air, and ground combat was awesome and very gritty and more grounded in reality. It reminded me a lot of Tears of the Sun and Black Hawk Down in space, both films that I enjoy.

CoachD likes this.
  21. BeatleJWOL

Yup.

Now all the complaining about the Solo recasting have ruined what could have been a good thing. The one time they pay attention to online gripes...

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  22. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

I enjoyed it more than any Star Wars movie since The Empire Strikes Back. Really liked the first season of Mandalorian too.

23. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

We desperately need a David Campbell injection to show you, at length, how very, very wrong you are. :shake:

YardByrd likes this.
  24. Stereosound

Stereosound Forum Resident

Correct and they also listen too much to jerk offs like this guy that ruin things:

Vidiot likes this.
  25. No, I liked it too.