Luke Wilson and Owen Wilson

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerrika, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerrika

Jerrika Mysterious Ways Thread Starter

I love these guys. I've seen most of their films. They've been keeping me laughing for 2 decades. I thought they deserved their own thread. I wouldn't choose a favorite. I like them both. Their brother Andrew is also an actor, but I'm not familiar with his work.

I first saw Owen Wilson in the Jackie Chan movie Shanghai Noon. I was huge Jackie fan for years when I took karate but I didn't know who Owen Wilson was at that time.

The first time I can remember seeing Luke Wilson was in Legally Blonde. Doesn't every woman want a guy like that after they've been dumped in the worst way? (his character, I mean)

soundboy likes this.
  2. Jerrika

3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

jwoverho likes this.
  4. Jerrika

I tried clicking on that link but it didn't work for me.
    My favorite Owen Wilson movie is Marley & Me. Owen has grown a lot as an actor. Jennifer Aniston was also surprisingly good.
    I have never expected either Wilson brother to be nominated for an Oscar. Everyone knows the Academy is biased in favor of dramatic actors and period films.

5. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

I love Wes Anderson's movies like "The Royal Tenenbaums", "The Life Aquatic" and "Darjeeling Limited". The Tenebaums is one of my favourite maybe after "Rushmore". Both Wilsons are in it playing interesting characters. I also liked "Midnight in Paris".

6. Jerrika

I have to watch The Royal Tennenbaums and The Darjeeling again. I've only seen parts of them. I owned Midnight in Paris and watched it about 10 times.

7. George P

George P Notable Member

They are great in Bottle Rocket.

JuanTCB, Al Kuenster, kouzie and 5 others like this.
  8. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

Definitely! Wes Anderson is a great storyteller. I also own a few of his screenplays because the dialogues are so well written (Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums). The actors, music and his obsession with details are other reasons why I love his films
    Of course. I saw "Bottle Rocket" long after the release. I think it was after Darjeeling.

George P likes this.
  9. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

10. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Their mother lives in the area. I've actually been invited to her house before. She's a photographer and has a ton of pictures of her sons (as any mother would). She's a very nice woman.

I've never met any of the Wilson brothers personally despite (kind of) knowing her mother. My favorite movie that has both of them is "The Royal Tennebaums". I've never seen "Bottle Rocket".

11. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Very cool! I was thinking how much Owen looks like Dennis Hopper with the added facial hair.

vince likes this.
  12. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

And with their Brother Andrew as 'Futureman'. One of my favorite movies but every time I watch I think "how did this ever get made?" The Critereon Doc explains a lot

Its funny and ironic that Bottle Rocket 'launched' their acting careers. neither had any great thespian inclination. It was more like "who are we going to get tt act in this? OK I guess we'll do it"

13. Jerrika

Luke Wilson is in The Goldfinch too. He plays Theo's evil dad who used to be an actor, but you don't see very much of him in that 2-1/2 hour movie.

14. Jerk The Handle

Jerk The Handle Electrician

15. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

That was absolutely brilliant!

16. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

SNL really nailed that one.

Chip TRG likes this.
  17. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Yes, but with one major screw-up: Where the hell is Bill Murray?

Instant Dharma likes this.
  18. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

They really need a third Shanghai _______ movie to complete the trilogy.

tommy-thewho likes this.
  19. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Like em both.

Owen doesn't get enough credit as an actor.

Watch Behind Enemy Lines or Wonder.

Luke was hilarious in Old School..

20. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

X-Files. Luke did a great job in that episode as he has to play that character two completely different ways!

vince and Jerk The Handle like this.
  21. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Owen essentially plays Woody in Midnight in Paris. So many of his lines you can just mentally picture them coming out of Woody's mouth.

22. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

I've watched Darjeeling Limited six or seven times in the last six months and can now confirm that not only has it become my favourite Wes Anderson film, it's become one of my favourite films of all. You're welcome :)

George P likes this.
  23. George P

George P Notable Member

The prologue is great, too. Hotel Chevalier - Wikipedia

Derek Slazenger likes this.
  24. Jerrika

I finally saw Bottle Rocket. It was weird seeing Owen with short hair. He actually looks better that way.
    I also had a dream that Owen was working in my office. It was like that movie The Internship.

25. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Even though he is in some movies I like, I think Luke Wilson is a goober who isn't much of an actor and is generally annoying.

Owen Wilson doesn't have great range, but he does what he does well.

Instant Dharma likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.