Lyric HiFi In NYC Is Gone

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Tony Plachy, Apr 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

That's Central Florida.
    It's too expensive here in Naples for that!
    Wanna bet the chances are greater getting mugged in Manhattan than running into a gator? :cool:

all24bits likes this.
  2. Slimwhit33

Slimwhit33 Forum Resident

You know who doesn't know what's going on in the city? This guy :laughup:

jonwoody, Leao and TheIncredibleHoke like this.
  3. trickness

trickness Gotta painful yellow headache

I’m curious - did you just jump in to this thread to insult all the people who live here in NYC and tell us how great Florida is? Is that why you’re here? Is that what you’re adding to this conversation? Because it’s really tiresome and not necessary and really kind of rude. Maybe read the title of the thread and get back to the subject, or maybe create your own thread entitled “why I’m too scared to visit New York”.

Slimwhit33 likes this.
  4. RnRmf

RnRmf Senior Member

I'm following this thread, closely.

I ordered something from Park Ave Audio so I need to decide if I should risk my safety and pick it up or have them ship it to NJ.

Leao and shug4476 like this.
  5. Slimwhit33

Amen..

6. dudley07726

Absolutely not. I'm a New Yorker and have really wonderful memories of my days there. I didn't start it. I just responded to someone who brought it up this subject up. It just reverberated from there with people (such as yourself) taking it very personally. It bothers me to see what has happened there. You could insult Florida all day long and I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep over it nor defend it. Maybe you should respond to the person who brought up the crime instead of attacking me.

7. dudley07726

That's it. Park Avenue Audio. Good to know it's still there. I miss Electronics Row on 45th street. Anything audio stores left on that street?

Sneaky Pete likes this.
  8. Slimwhit33

:rolleyes:

9. trickness

By all means then, ignore everybody who actually lives here are saying and listen to the guy from Florida

10. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

From what I can gather, you'll be fine as long as you bring along a couple of gators as back-up.

jonwoody, Leao, trickness and 3 others like this.
  11. dudley07726

Oh my. What a sensitive person you are.

12. trickness

I’m not attacking you - I’m just pointing out that you’re adding nothing to the actual topic that the thread is about. Which really has nothing to do with anybody’s opinion on the crime situation in New York. And that your perspective might not actually be accurate/current, given that you don’t even live here

Leao likes this.
  13. TheIncredibleHoke

TheIncredibleHoke Dachshund Dog Dad

I just walked past there the other day. One good thing I noticed is that parking was easier around there. Tons of places have outdoor dining set up though, so that takes some street space. I think you can risk your safety. And while you are in town, have an outdoor lunch or dinner to enjoy the day!

One of the things the pandemic has given us is lots of cool outdoor dining space and some of the restaurants have really created some beautiful spots.

RnRmf and trickness like this.
  14. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

On the subject of FL an Uber driver I once has summed it up nicely. He and his wife visited FL as they were considering whether to retire there. They chose not to because, in the drivers words, "Everything in FL is trying to kill you."

RnRmf and Leao like this.
  15. Dan998

Dan998 Forum Resident

16. shug4476

shug4476 Nullius In Verba

You should have advised him never to visit Australia...

Sneaky Pete, jonwoody and all24bits like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.