M*A*S*H Memories

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Wildest cat from montana, Oct 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Or Susan Saint James.

All Down The Line likes this.
  2. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

fun fact: when the internet first became a thing I used to sneak on the web on my works computers (verboten to touch) and one of the first sites I found was a MASH fan site. probably archaic now, this was probably before yahoo google etc... but you could play the mash theme song (midi version) and play clips from the show and it had the addresses of the cast to write and ask for autographs. I think I got them all minus maybe radar. (although Alan Alda mightve been a secretaries sig) they were a fan friendly cast

3. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

And in turn less believable given the constant hard lessons of a war zone!

Grand_Ennui and Sean like this.
  4. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

Yes...you'd think they'd remember a guy with a billiard ball in his mouth.
    In a somewhat related note, Wendt played a murderer on a Columbo episode and not too well.

mmars982 likes this.
  5. theoxrox

theoxrox Forum Resident

I especially liked the episode later in the series where Radar met the little nurse from Missouri on his way back to Korea. I think that little nurse was just as cute as could be

6. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

Well in his defense that was a poorly written Episode. 90s Columbo just wasn’t as good the the 7os.

7. Wildest cat from montana

Ain't that the truth ! I mentioned this before but I'll say it again...saw a 90s episode where ColumbO was pointing a gun at someone. Columbo !With a gun ! No , no , no.

reddyempower likes this.
  8. the pope ondine

i cant watch the 90's Columbos….just doesn't feel right

9. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

10. Wildest cat from montana

That ' s sad. Always liked her character. She appeared in only 10 less episodes of the show than Radar O'Reilly!
    On all that time though only one episode actually featured her as the main character storyline. She was trying to get Hawkeye interested in her. And gave him a good blast for his shallowness.
    R. I.P. Nurse Kellye.

11. All Down The Line

12. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

That was a great episode, and very unexpected. She was always effective as a side character, but really had a chance to shine in this one. R.I.P.

13. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

As fate would have it, our nightly rotation of M*A*S*H is in season 3, and last night's episode, "Check-up" had quite a few shots of Kellye Nakahara, though at this point she wasn't included in the credits and had no lines.

She's seen front and center as Houlihan addresses the nurses regarding the check-ups. Later on, at Trapper's farewell party in the O-Club, she's seen really dancing up a storm in the background with Radar, and then seen a little later as Trapper announces that he's not going to leave after all.

There are a number of familiar background M*A*S*H faces that were nearly always around in the background. I've noticed a tall redhead who seems to pair up with Radar a few tines at parties. I recall her in a basketball scene too. Then there's a guy named "Roy" who's often seen as one of the orderly-types who also draws sentry duty sometimes. "Igor" was seemingly always around, and his parts got larger as the series progressed. And that's the way Kellye progressed - from just a background face to finally being featured in an episode. Along the way, she acquired a few lines here and there.

Luke The Drifter likes this.
  14. Wildest cat from montana

Igor : " For tonight's entree we have liver or fish "
    Hawkeye : " It's inhuman to serve the same food day after day. I' ve eaten a river of liver and an ocean of fish !"

15. Mr. LP Collector

Mr. LP Collector Forum Resident

And then soon the whole crowd yells---"We want something else! We want something else! We want something else!"

16. All Down The Line

"We want something else!"
    I always picture Klinger touching his elbows neatly in time to the musical protest each time he raises a forearm.

17. Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison Forum Resident

M*A*S*H writer Ken Levine has a nice remembrance of Kellye Nakahara on his blog: RIP Kellye Nakahara

18. j_rocker

j_rocker Forum Resident

As Radar keeps eating (off of his plate and Klinger’s) while half heartedly joining in the chant.

19. All Down The Line

Well he was still in the growing phase!

j_rocker likes this.
  20. John54

John54 Senior Member

That's the episode where the gang are in Blake's office and they call in Radar to get a glass of milk (for Trapper's ulcer). Radar lightens up a little, smiles and says, "Who died?"

21. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Did you get Loretta Swit's autograph?

I ask this because I seen her somewhere and she said how she will sign, but that she asks/asked something like $10 per signature and she would donate that money to charity.

22. the pope ondine

this was 20+ years ago, before ebay caught on and celebs stopped or started charging thru the mail, im pretty sure the whole cast signed for free back then

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  23. HGN2001

The cast of M*A*S*H in a series of commercials for IBM:

24. JakeKlas

JakeKlas Impatiently waiting for an 8-track revival

Great find! Loved that second one. Really miss Larry Linville.

25. HGN2001

A little M*A*S*H "Easter Egg":

The next-to-last aired episode "As Time Goes By", which was actually the last one filmed, features the opening theme with no helicopter noise or other sound effects, just the music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.