MACCA's videos on DVD?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by antonkk, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member Thread Starter

I can't understand why he never released tons of promo videos from the Wings era either on VHS or DVD? (I'm not talking about a few extracts on 1986 VHS and Wingspan where 2 (!) complete vids are taken from Rock show). I mean there are about 50 promos lying around unreleased! I'd love to see stuff like Mull of Kintyre and London Town before I get too old...

2. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

There could be many reasons why. Although many artists have put there videos for sale, I can think of some for Macca: Videos look to dated, licensing issues, tracking down the best versions. He is a very image conscious person and may be embarrassed by the early stuff. Also, what about the vids with Jacko? Does he exclude them, but include the one with Stevie? I'm sure the fine folks at MPL are trying to figure all that out.

3. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

I'm sure he doesn't want anything to do with Jackson since he bought the Beatles' songs against Macca's wishes. Note the exclusion of "The Girl Is Mine" or "Say Say Say" on any comps since the '80's.

Evan

4. 22dRow

22dRow New Member

Even though they might look dated, I'd love to see all these videos in one place. Unaltered, unlike what they did to the glorious Paperback writer and Rain videos in Anthology, where they intercut additional shots into the original video, ostensibly so it would move along faster... Boo

5. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

McCartneys videos were given a complete seach thru the vaults type project back in the later days of his fan club publication "Club Sandwich". I believe it was Mark Lewisohn who went thru his videos and documented what was there in each issue starting with the earliest videos. I don't remember how far the coverage went,but it was a issue by issue article that Mark contributed. If a song had multiple videos it was covered. I 'll have to go back and see how far it covered. As far as rights go...McCartney owns the rights and he is MPL...let's face it he can add or delete any videos he'd want to..but I think it's just another of his projects that will sit along side his "Cold Cuts" and the more recent Wingspan box set that was promised back when the CD came out...when it comes to Macca don't hold your breath. Hell, just look at the shape his catalog is in these days.

JF

6. Drawer L

Drawer L Forum Resident In Memoriam

At the '89 NY press confrence,a friend of mine asked Paul if he had thought of putting together a comp of his videos.He said "great idea,mate,next question"...

7. 22dRow

22dRow New Member

Sounds like he's Not Interested

8. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Really can't see it happening anytime soon....or even down the road. He's got enough decent looking videos to put out a sampler comp, but even that seems unlikely, since if he were going to do it, tieing it in with WINGSPAN would have been when....but, didn't happen.

ED:ed:

9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Well, if he said it sounded like a good idea 15 years ago and never did anything about it, I'd definitely say he's not interested! Even if he sounded FASCINATED by it then... it's been 15 years. That says enough right there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.