MAD MEN -- FINAL Season Official Thread (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

If things continue to move at the same pace, all they'll have time for is for the new agency to settle into its new situation, and get the Buick gig. That's not a very satisfying conclusion. Something major needs to happen in the last half-season.

I've always thought the "it's about the characters, not the plot" excuse is a cop out. That's what lead to the final season of "Lost"...

2. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

Does anyone think we will see Glen Bishop again before the show ends?

3. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

I wouldn't be too surprised if the final shows include a flashback or two. I would love to see a flashback with Bert, Don and Roger.

4. namretsam

namretsam Senior Member

The one assurance is whatever "ending" we are left with in May of 2015, a whole lot of us will have a Sopranos level of dissatisfaction with it.

5. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Absolutely. He's played by Weiner's son and is clearly a terrible actor, but nepotism wins in the end.

jriems likes this.
  6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Although... Weiner certainly has done flash-backs.

Dee Zee likes this.
  7. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

Good one Marc!!!

8. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

Remember that "Corporate" is derived from the Latin Corpus, which means body (as in Corpus Christi = Body of Christ), so you're not far off ...

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Note that four different boys have played Bobby Draper over the last 7 seasons.

I just thought, "what would Roger say to that?"

MMM likes this.
  10. Hard Panner

Hard Panner Baroque Popsike & Fuzz

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

mrjinks likes this.
  12. Hard Panner

Hard Panner Baroque Popsike & Fuzz

13. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Yep. I'm certain of it. Glen and Sally are the junior version of Don and Peggy.

14. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

Sally's the junior version of her mother. When she lit up the cigarette in the back yard, she held it just like Betty does.

Chad

Chip TRG likes this.
  15. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Good...I wasn't the only one who noticed that right off the bat.

16. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

But she ended up kissing the nerdy kid, not the jock. She might smoke like Betty but she's going to be her own person.

I don't see any similarities between Glenn and Don.

17. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

So, I'm just going to get my prediction on the books. Harry Crane and Meghan wind up together as a Hollywood power couple.

18. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

But maybe some between Glenn and Dick?

GentleSenator likes this.
  19. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

They're both borderline sociopaths?

20. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Glen joins the Manson family?

21. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

My predictions for next season/the end:

Ultimately the business deal that nets the partners a big cash payout ends up coming back to bite them. Don is back on top creatively and woos a few clients/women. And although the work and the attention is rewarding, it isn't all that satisfying. So he tries to spend more time with Sally and the boys but Betty plays games to shut him out. This leads to a big scene between the 2 where Betty breaks down about her bad marriage and uncertain future and Don gives her a pep talk (rather than just jump into bed with her).

Sally ends up going to Woodstock and sees Glenn there who slips her some acid and she disappears. Don and Betty spend a couple days trying to find her (and they do). She was taken care of by the girl who spent time in that tenement before running away.

Peggy meets a young creative hotshot from McCann who falls for her. This drives Ted even crazier. Peggy's love interest though ends up telling her that there are plans to absorb SC&P into McCann itself with a massive layoff of staff. But she can't tell anybody or he will lose his job or something.

Joan and Roger reconnect. But something happens where Joan betrays Roger in some way.
    At the corporate Christmas party held on some roof deck, the news of the massive layoffs is leaked by a drunk Peggy to Joan. Joan confronts Roger (who also found out some horrible news about his hippie daughter... maybe she died or something). Roger finds out Cutler worked some deal where he got what he ultimately wanted. Echos of Cooper telling him he is not a leader (Waterloo) and all the news is too much for him to take. So in his ultimate sorrow he jumps off the roof to his death.

Epilogue: Pete, Peggy and Don start their own small office. Ted quits the business all together. Harry quits earlier and works for a TV network. Ken is absorbed into McCann.

Final scene is all the principals in the office on New Year's Eve cleaning out desks and whatnot and it turns into an impromptu party. They watch the ball drop on the Tonight Show and countdown goes 3-2-1 and then black. No closing music.

:)

Music used next season:
    Summertime Blues - The Who
    Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley
    Crystal Blue Persuassion - Tommy James
    More Today Than Yesterday - Spiral Starecase
    You Showed Me - The Turtles

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    Rufus McDufus likes this.
  22. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

I think that everytime she will try (consciencely or UNconsciencely) to emulate Betty, she will realize more and more that her mom is really a joke. It may happen instantly (like being shot down about smoking by the nerdy kid), or it may happen over time, but either way I think that any Betty-isms that she shows off will only come back to bite her in the ass--and ramming an even bigger wedge in between her and Mommy Dearest.

23. Jose Jones

They both have a platonic relationship with a younger female. They both come from broken homes. They are both misunderstood.

24. Jose Jones

Megan > Meghan

Harry is the last guy on Earth that Megan would sleep with.

25. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I agree with Points A and C. However, that's where similarities end. Glenn's "broken home" (confused middle class kid, parents divorced) is nothing at all like Don's Broken Home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.