Madonna - Appreciation Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bink, Feb 8, 2020.

1. aseriesofsneaks

aseriesofsneaks Forum Resident

I can understand this. Some of the collectibles may lose some of their value, but I suspect first pressings and rarer releases will hold their value, since most fans still won't want to part with their copies. I hope in the long run you won't feel that the time and effort you spent building your collection was wasted, as I'm sure it's brought you plenty of joy over the years. I'm sure not everything will make it onto these releases anyway. It seems like there's always at least a notable omission or two during the reissue campaign for any artist, no matter how exhaustive. At the same time, hopefully there will be some gems that none of us have heard before.

Baz66 likes this.
  2. Bink

Bink Forum Resident Thread Starter

Madonna answers 50 questions (I assume these were the ones submitted by fans on Twitter a few weeks ago).

I can't believe these were representative of fans questions but the video is quite amusing. What we do learn is that she plans to make another album and that it will be dance orientated. We also learn that Rebel Heart was the most stressful album to make because it had too many guest artists!

3. FrankieMax

FrankieMax Autumn winds, Blowing outside the window...

Should have figured she'd do it the Vogue Mag 50 Q' s style.

Hm yeah, a few good good answers; though have of them were 'sex'. How controversial, the Sex book recommendation was funny though.

She was getting more and more tanked, and then drove the Golf cart in the dark!

She's looking a lot better and more active than the Maluma concert performance, especially her legs. Maybe she finally got those butt implants removed.

So a Dance oriented album is coming, can't wait!

905, aseriesofsneaks and Bink like this.
  4. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

So Madonna is working on a dance oriented album, now that is a big surprise.

crankybruh, GoodKitty and FrankieMax like this.
  5. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

"PONY TAIL!"

andycherry and FrankieMax like this.
  6. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

A dance oriented album in the works? Could be interesting.

7. realmdemagic

realmdemagic Forum Resident

Best answers-

"Did you personally approve all of the remixes throughout your career?" Have you met me?

"What is your biggest pet peeve?" Lazy people.

8. FrankieMax

Seeing as it's back with Beyonce et. al.? Guess, so but with 'Living For Love' she was kinda ahead of the curve or with it, when dance/house came back in 2015. With that retro 90's backing big vocal style, and here we are again.

Come on, we're surely excited at a new Madonna dance album, even if it is because it's 'On trend' again. Hopefully she doesn't wait until the trend passes and sounds dated, like Hard Candy sort of did.

I think with Finally Enough Love being a hit, and a possible tour. I think a forthcoming dance album will see a career resurgence for Madonna; and bridge her previous work to current work and solidify her as an Icon/Legend or whatever.

haha Yes that was my favourite answer too!

Also that because of her stating that too many collabs on Rebel Heart made it as stressful project, the forthcoming album won't have so many featured spots and multiple producers.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  9. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  10. Rosewater

Rosewater Forum Resident

That sounds very interesting indeed, I hope a new dance album something like "Confessions On The Dancefloor" would be great, because Madame X was a little disappointing to me. :confused:

aseriesofsneaks and Bobby Morrow like this.
  11. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Rebel Heart Tour has been issued on vinyl for the first time. It's standard weight on a purple and black splatter pressing. This is an abridged version of the CD release with only 14 songs. No mention of who mastered it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

RSD 12" Danceteria on Canadian list,
    Never heard of that before

13. aseriesofsneaks

I'm hoping it's the four-song demo tape she gave to Mark Kamins, the DJ at Danceteria, that resulted in her signing with Sire and Kamins producing "Everybody".

14. aseriesofsneaks

As it turns out, it's a 40th anniversary release of the 12" and dub versions of "Everybody" with new artwork.

15. rfkavanagh

rfkavanagh Unashamedly Pop!

16. Bink

Bink Forum Resident Thread Starter

A new remix of Hung Up featuring a rapper called Tokischa (who I haven't heard of before) has been released.

There is also a new video so Madonna obviously thought enough of it to put the effort in to film a video. Personally not my cup of tea, but some of you may enjoy it:

Elliottmarx, 905 and FrankieMax like this.
  17. FrankieMax

Well that was um, remixed, yes.

I like the laugh at the end, reminds me of the 80's mixes and Angel. Looks like she's having a good time.

905 and Bink like this.
  18. Pandrew79

Pandrew79 Swimming.

My favorite Madonna moment this year was learning that "Express Yourself" was written for Jennifer Grey during her breakup with Matthew Broderick. I love hearing the backstories to the songs, especially iconic songs as that one. Who knew that "baby" was written for Baby? Pretty cool of Madge to do that for her friend.

Of all of M's albums, I find myself returning to Erotica the most. I particularly love the jazz and the trip-hop songs ("Where Life Begins", "Bad Girl", "Waiting", "Words", "Secret Garden", "Erotica"). That album was definitely ahead of its time in many ways.

I have some really cool and super rare Madonna promos and photographs on my eBay page if you're a collector:
    phillipm79 on eBay

19. NickySee

NickySee Forum Resident

This one popped in my head for some reason. Guess it’s the way I always think of Madonna -

Where’s The &!$#@ Party??!!!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    Hep Alien, Bink and 905 like this.
  20. 905

905 Senior Member

That's my favorite Madonna moment of the year as well. I was 11 years old and my big crush at the time was Jennifer Grey. I didn't even see the movie yet, but the Pay-Per-View schedule channel would play The Dirty Dancing commercial all the time during the summer of 1988. I remember watching that channel just for the previews of seeing clips of Jennifer in Dirty Dancing, and whatever pro wrestling event was coming up.
    I enjoyed Jennifer's autobiography recently, and the Madonna information was cool to read.

Pandrew79 likes this.
  21. JackDVD78

JackDVD78 Forum Resident

aseriesofsneaks likes this.
  22. ascot

ascot Senior Member

What's worse is both of these mixes have already been reissued. The 2019 RSD release True Blue (Super Club Mix) has the full 12" version and dub mix of "Everybody". I understand they want to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the song, but they could have reissued the original 7" single with that new artwork.

aseriesofsneaks likes this.
  23. aseriesofsneaks

A reissue of the 7” would make a lot more sense, especially since the 7” mix hasn’t been available anywhere else, apart from the Back-to-Back Hits 7” with “Papa Don’t Preach”.

24. Pandrew79

Pandrew79 Swimming.

Ditto, she was my big crush too. And I read the book as well. :wave:

25. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Never saw this interview from NME before.

Madonna meets Carrie Fisher in June 1991.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]