Madonna pushing for Nurse Diesel role in “High Anxiety” remake?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry, Oct 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Madonna has a power over me where I immediately lose any interest in seeing anything she's in. It would have to be a Tarantino ensemble cast or something like that to get me interested at all.

2. She must also possess a weird alternate reality power that causes you to userp this "lack of interest" in order to enter a post specifically about Madonna, and then take time to write about how disinterested you are with her...thus presenting you as someone who is actually interested in Madonna...at least enough to do what you have done.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  3. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

I submit this as evidence Madge has a sense of humor.

Spokeless likes this.
  4. Slackhurst Broadcasting

Slackhurst Broadcasting Forum Resident

But it's quite credible that these days, someone would think of doing it.

5. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I got thinking, Madonna used to hang out with Rosie O'Donnell and Sandra Bernhard (she still might for all I know), so you would think that hanging around with two comedians, she'd have to have at least some sense of humor...

(Now whether or not you think those two are funny is something else, but it is their chosen profession, at least early on.)

6. What star power? For younger audiences? In films?

7. More emphasis (much more, perhaps) should have been placed on "perceived" as such.

wayneklein likes this.
  8. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

That was an issue I had when I saw the movie (shortly after it was released). Although I thought it was a funny movie, I hadn't seen many of Hitchcock's movies so I didn't get many of the references. It was only after seeing more of Hitchcock's movies that I started to get many of the jokes.

Spaghettiows likes this.
  9. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

"Hey Wayne...wanna make out?"

10. Spokeless

Spokeless Roaming Member

I thought both BSad. & HiAnxiety were actually poor movies - that ‘throw everything .. ‘ syndrome, which BSaddles also falls into, for me.

Brooks can be brilliant. Such as with Young Frankenstein, which IMO is one of the 10 best movies I’ve seen, period. A self-referential, mileau-comedy send up of Hollywood with no misfires. It doesn’t get better than that.

I think I introduced a very cute girlfriend at the time to the movie on a revival circuit. SF still had many funky movie theaters.

Piss, moan, grow old ..

11. Spokeless

Spokeless Roaming Member

.. obsession with Axl Rose - nice

mBen989 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.