Madonna / Warner Music Group announce new partnership, reissue campaign

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ascot, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

They definitely need to hire Bernie Grundman!

2. ascot

ascot Senior Member Thread Starter

The only remasters released on CD were in 2001 and those were loud. The 2012 vinyl remasters are ok. I do not know what has been used on the streaming releases the last few years.

aseriesofsneaks and Bobby Morrow like this.
  3. ascot

That's a possibility given her history, but again if they follow what's being done with the Prince reissues the sound should be ok. Not audiophile by any means but not brickwalled either.

4. kreen

kreen Forum Resident

Message to the Michael Jackson Estate: do the same thing.

5. ascot

Madonna has posted lots of stuff on her Instagram that might suggest she's been doing just that. She showed off a ton of old cassettes with demos.

6. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

That makes sense, although I did wonder if they simply meant they were announcing something soon for release early next year as that would be the start of the 40th Anniversary, which they seem to be hanging this off somewhat. Either way is good :)

7. ascot

She has 50 #1 singles on the Billboard Dance Chart. That's more #1's on a single chart than any other artist.

Timjosephuk, JeffMo, alugjk and 6 others like this.
  8. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Q-Sound...All Around!

9. ascot

The "Everybody" single was released in October 1982 so we may have to wait until Christmas 2022 but we'll see.

aseriesofsneaks and Bink like this.
  10. ascot

[​IMG]

11. aseriesofsneaks

aseriesofsneaks Forum Resident

I hope if there’s some sort of release to coincide with the 40th anniversary of “Everybody” that it will include both the US and UK 7” mixes, neither of which have appeared on CD.

12. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

This is why they really need to follow the template used for the Prince reissues - so they can include every mix made at the time.

Jarleboy, aseriesofsneaks and ascot like this.
  13. JackDVD78

JackDVD78 Forum Resident

Would also be nice to finally get a BLU for Who’s That Girl.

one fo the first releases should be a box set for her first album.

14. Luxury_Liner

Luxury_Liner Senior Member

Well, if it'll be personally cuarated by her I sure hope she's knowledgeable enough on the different versions and different mixes of her songs so nothing gets left behind like the alternate mix of Burning Up, the unmixed versions of the You Can Dance mixes or Fever Edit Two and the promo 7" remix of Dress You Up.

While we're at it: please no unnecessary loudness and if they're going to cram all the remixes together I hope they get creative with the sequencing and not put 10 mixes of the same song together, it's almost an unmanageable listening experience when they do that.

Also, they should sit down and browse through Discogs and the many fan sites detailing her different releases so they get acquainted with everything. With all the info available there's no excuse for shoddy compilations like Celebration.

Oh and I want the Virgin Tour available again.

Thank you.

15. Someone In A Tree

Someone In A Tree Crow-flowers, nettles, daisies, and long purples

Could Sidewalk Talk enter the canon? I have included it on Madonna mixtapes through the years.

Precedent: Stevie Nicks included John Stewart's Gold on her box set, on which she was more backup vocalist than partner.

Celebrated Summer and ejluther like this.
  16. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

There’s so many great things to look forward to.

I know it’s silly, but near the top of my wishlist is a double vinyl of “Something To Remember”… presently this long collection (71 minutes) is jammed on a single LP!

And I think it’s a terrific compilation.

17. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Hopefully we'll get a box set of all her US & UK singles in their original 7" / hit versions.

18. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

The artwork was nice on the 2001 editions, but you could certainly tell a difference in the volume level compared to the earlier releases!

One thing I did like about the 2001 Madonna CD was they included the LP back cover photo for the first time. As far as I know anyway.

19. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

It would be nice to get the first album reissued like the first pressing, with the original mixes.

Jarleboy, RevUp64, ascot and 2 others like this.
  20. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I wonder of they will include 5.1 mixes.

Jarleboy and JDeanB like this.
  21. Seabass

Seabass Old Git

Offer yourself as a consultant. I’m only half joking as the keenest fans can be far more knowledgable than the revolving door of label personnel and indeed the artist.

22. Bobby Morrow

I can’t see correcting Madonna going down well.:D

23. Bobby Morrow

It would be nice. It’s just Burning Up that was changed for the CD, wasn’t it?

24. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

The press release says this will include 17 studio albums plus singles, soundtracks, live albums and compilations.

So excluding soundtracks, live albums and compilations, how are they getting to 17 albums?

Jarleboy likes this.
  25. Bobby Morrow

So they’re making mistakes already. What a great start.

:D