Magical Mystery Tour + Let It Be DVD Releases - Thanksgiving 2K12

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by krlpuretone, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

Very interesting!! Maybe this is the answer to what Giles Martin's been doing lately (see other thread.)

'Course, in true SHF fashion I wish they were restoring and reissuing The Compleat Beatles too ...

2. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Yes, give the guy a break. I really hope he is correct! Let's give him some slack, then jerk his chain hard if and when he is proven wrong!:angel::winkgrin:

3. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I also heard it is a Black Friday release - only available for sale on that day. Best Buy has exclusive rights. Each disc will be numbered with a limited supply. :D

Seriously, I do hope both of these get released before I am too old to care.

4. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

Karl, this is great news. Sad that we have no word on new vinyl, but I think I would prefer getting these on blu ray at this point.

While we are at it, now that iTunes is offering the "Hey Bulldog" video, how about a complete set of Beatles videos (a la "1" or even better the red and blue sets) in HD?

5. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Would love it to be true but seeing is believeing in Beatles circles

6. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

He may be correct and those plans may change.

I know of another major (non-Beatles) release due for Xmas, but 1) I'm sworn to secrecy too, and 2) This release has been scuttled in the past after having a "firm" release date, so as noted, things can change.

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

But he said "you heard it here first" in his initial post BEFORE anyone "gave him the gears" - he then repeated it later. I remain unsure why it's so important for him to tell us that he was first...

8. Great news, though I'd be surprised if both of them get released in the same holiday season. These things are usually staggered and spread out.

9. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Unless the Let it Be DVD will come with the original book and HOURS of extras from the time, I'm not interested

Unless the MMT DVD will come with loads of extras from the time, promo videos, and if possible, The fab four in the studio recording the songs, I'm not interested

:shrug:

10. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

C'mon, Colin, think about it for a minute. Don't news reporters stampede all over each other to be the first to get the scoop and blab it all over the airwaves? Same thing here - the OP was the first to break <well, we'll see> a pretty dang big release scoop here in a forum that worships The Beatles.
    I don't think he's expecting a prize or medal or anything...:laugh:

11. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

I saw Magical Mystery Tour on Channel 4 UK a few years back, and it was a total embarrassing borefest. "Help" is Speilberg-esque compared to it.
    Think of a "Carry On" film without the jokes.

12. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

Rewatched parts of it on YouTube recently. It really is unbearably bad.

13. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

I think there were a ton of extras on the Let It Be DVD that was supposed to be released in 2003 or something.

14. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

The "I Am The Walrus" sequence is worth the price of admission...

15. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Let the guessing game begin!

16. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

Not $29.99 worth. Not even close.

17. Yep. It wouldn't be the first time somebody posted info here about an upcoming Beatles release that was true the day it was mentioned but never came to pass because Apple/EMI/whoever changed their mind.

Great news but I'm not getting excited until I see a press release from Apple.

18. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Dude, .. what, somebodys gonna FIRE you for revealing your source?
    Tell you what, just whisper the name into the computer...... we won't tell a soul. :D

19. Gloi

Gloi Forum Resident

press release? :winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin::nyah:

20. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

That's why I always suggest "Head" over "MMT": it's not as good as "HELP!" , but it's better than "MMT"!

21. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

I heard it first here back several years ago. I even pre-ordered it from Amazon.

22. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

Actually, putting them both out at the same time makes some sense....it gets "Magical Mystery Tour" out there "under the radar"...without as much media focus paid to it's quality...

A majority of the attention from both Apple and the media would be on "Let it Be".

23. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

God knows how bad the loudness wars will have gotten by then!

24. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

That was easy. "Firm" = Jimmy Page = O2 LZ Concert.

25. dcscott

dcscott Go have another cheeseburger, Randy

Who the _ _ _ _ cares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.