Magical Mystery Tour + Let It Be DVD Releases - Thanksgiving 2K12

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by krlpuretone, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

I found two "Easter Eggs",just by clicking the far Left and Right "Shooting Stars" at the bottom of the Main Menu..Magic Alex,singing "Wall Of Jericho" is at Far Right Star,BTW.:righton: The "Fish and Chip Shop" outtake scene Is located at the Far Left Bottom Star.

2. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

Click on the "Bumpers" on either end of the Menu,and see two more "Easter Eggs"-"The Missing Lunch Scene" and "(Aunt) Jesse's Blues"!

3. Dodgytc

Dodgytc Forum Resident

In the 'Hello Goodbye' promo and in the 'Making Of' extra that feature shots from the editing room, there is a brief glimpse of an old guy with flowers in his hair/over his ears.
    I swear this is the same old guy with the same flowers over his ears (but drunk) in one of the three 'Hey Jude' promos from a year later.
    Don't know why I noticed this...

The deluxe package is great, aside from the sleeve of the E.P.
    I do not like the side loading cover which is to tight for the records, the original did not have this.
    Paul's directors commentary is tedious. Other than that very happy.

Terry

4. ShawnMcCann

ShawnMcCann A Still Tongue Makes A Happy Life

First thing I did was play the EPs, and I thought they sounded fine. The vinyl is thick, flat, and quiet. I will be replacing the inner sleeves with poly-lined sleeves after giving them the Spin Clean/Vacuum treatment.

5. direwolf-pgh

direwolf-pgh Well-Known Member

its describes the 1967 setting/creation/BBC broadcast of the film.

6. lennon_08518

lennon_08518 Forum Resident

After reading all of the previous posts I would like to thank them for the "news" about this release. And now the "weather": There is a low pressure system (Maidenpriest) hovering over those who enjoy this release. Rain will continue throughout the day. :cheers:

7. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

yep....nice and quiet.

8. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

So can we compile a list of items that were originally in the film in 1967 BUT that now are not in, or different, in the newly reissued 2012 DVD/Blu-ray version?

So far, here are some differences:
    ---John's "Hurry Hurry Hurry ..." line is missing from the song "Magical Mystery Tour".
    ---The "lots and lots of spaghetti" line is missing from Aunt Jessie's Dream sequence.

Any others? Arnie

9. Raf

Raf Senior Member

Is there any way to see the original version of the film? The only previous version I ever saw was the first DVD.

10. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

First DVD (1997 MPI), first VHS, 1988 VHS and LD.

11. Jose Jones

This was already discussed in posts 790 & 793....

12. Raf

Raf Senior Member

The 1988 VHS, the LD and the first DVD all have remixed soundtracks.

13. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Is the stripper still censored?

--------------------------------------------
    "The Enigma Of David's Toe" by Vincent Cannata
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...ata/1112803717
    "A wild ride of conspiracy theories, reincarnation, and occult weirdness..... you know, a comedy."

14. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yes - as has already been mentioned, those parts of the movie itself haven't changed, but some uncensored footage appears in the supplements...

15. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

In all the right ways. Has the original censor artwork and everything in the main film.
    Bonus features, it's uncensored. Go buy it.

16. Jose Jones

The first DVD does NOT have a remixed soundtrack. It is very different from the 1988 VHS/LD version. I have compared them in detail.

17. ShawnMcCann

ShawnMcCann A Still Tongue Makes A Happy Life

Regarding the vinyl EPs, the deadwax includes the following in addition to the stamper numbers:

Side 1: FOR
    Side 2: ALLAN
    Side 3: ROUSE
    Side 4: 40

18. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

19. long gone john

long gone john Forum Resident

Done to please him? Do me a favour. He's a former Beatle, not a Beatles-freak. If anyone's to blame for this mistake it's Giles Martin and his team, and even then it's no doubt a genuine mistake.

Paul McCartney = the man who can never win!

20. Jose Jones

This is what Ron Furmanek had to say in 2006 about his work on the 1988 VHS and LaserDisc reissue of the MMT:

I remixed the entire films audio,...plus three songs,..the title track,.Blue Jay Way,.&,.Your Mother Should Know,...all of which I had to sync up original stage tapes to create more than 4 tracks of material,..enabling me to get a much better & wider stereo image!,..I think much better than the released versions!

Please note that my versions are ONLY on the MPI VHS & Laser Disc versions,..I'm told that there is something very wrong with the DVD version! (I don't own the DVD!)

thanks

Ron F

21. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

Is McCartney not one of four directors of Apple, they are the bosses so they have the ultimate say on there releases, MMT was Paul's pet project so ultimate he should take the flack when there is a mistake, just because he was a Beatle and is 70+ that doesn't make him exempt from his critics, and us the fans !

How do you know it was a genuine mistake, how do I know it wasn't a deliberate change... we don't, but I am able to offer my opinion that is my right as a long term fan, I have paid my money for 30 years :)

22. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

Sure, you can offer an opinion. But you're lambasting McCartney (again!) like it's a fact that HE is the ONE responsible for it.

Hey, for all we know the original that was released in 1967 with Johns vocals was the mistake and they've finally corrected it. Just saying...

23. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member

Periods have a function outside of ellipses.

24. long gone john

long gone john Forum Resident

I'll gladly run naked around Trafalgar Square if it turns out that this change was done at McCartney's insistence. Can you really imagine Yoko agreeing to wiping John's voice from it and replacing it with Paul's?

25. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

I am not lambasting him, i am just very disapointed that something so obvious like the 'very first thing you hear in the film' has been removed and it could be seen to be another Lennon snub, like the fact Please Please Me never made it on that compilation "One" or the removal of Maggie May and Dig It on Let It Be Naked, to me it seems Lennon's importance in the group is being made to appear less and the history of the group is being re-written in McCartney's favour, Lennon is not hear to answer for himself so its not fair, I hate any form of revisionism especially in The Beatles regardless if there is an Egotistic motive or not :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.