Marantz DV8300

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by peter, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peter

peter Senior Member Thread Starter

Does anyone own or has anyone heard this CD player?

I need some opinions because I am considering purchasing it!

Thanks

2. IanL

IanL Senior Member

I have heard great things about this universal player. At some point I will probably give it some serious audition time. But so far, I have been pretty happy with my Pioneer Elite 45A. A Marantz dealer that I know told me the SACD performance is a nice step up from their dedicated SA8260 SACD player. I believe the 8300 is based on the Pioneer 47Ai, with significant improvements made to everything audio. I'm not sure if they made improvements to the video section. If you audition it, I'd love to hear your impressions.

3. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Bump.

I've been hoping to hear an audio review of this unit too.
    I found a dealer here that had one hooked up to some Anthem gear so a week later I grabbed some SACD's and made the trek.

Unfortunately they sold the Demo before I got there. So I have not had a chance to hear it yet and I still haven't seen a review of the audio playback by any of the magazines.
    The dealer did say that the video is based on the Pioneer Elites. Makes me think about the chroma bug even though it doesn't aply to me (old tv).

I'm starting to wonder if no one has anything good to say about the audio playback because there just isn't anything good to say.:sigh:

4. peter

peter Senior Member Thread Starter

My dealer too is continually sold out. I really do need to hear it before I plunk down that kind of money. Oh well, I hope they call me soon.

5. GabeG

GabeG New Member

The new Absolute Sound has a review. They really didn't like the way it sounded with cds and sacds. They did like its DVD-A performance.

- GAbe

6. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I'll have to look for that one. What month, March, April?
    So it might be as I suspected. Bummer.:(

Thanks!:thumbsup:

7. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Too bad.

Ahh well. looks like I'll have to have a SACD / Analogue system and a DVD-V and A entertainment system. I'm tired of waiting for an affordable combo player. Maybe it 'can't be done!'

G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.