Marillion - Script For a Jester's Tear 4/3/2020 Deluxe Edition (4CD/Blu ray/4LP) + Documentary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Eleventh Earl of Mar, Jan 30, 2020.

1. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

I ordered from a cd/dvd sale a month or so ago. Shipping was around 2 weeks

2. Progatron

Progatron Wealthy industrialist philanthropist & bicyclist

3. Stratopeter

Stratopeter Forum Resident

Thanks a lot!

4. cracksky

cracksky Forum Resident

My copy finally arrived today from Racket. 30 days to the States.

PTgraphics, moomoomoomoo and ytserush like this.
  5. moomoomoomoo

My 1st Gen UK Script single cd arrived today. Great DR (14!; & I can hear the lack of compression; there are actually quiet parts!), but the eq is AWFUL. screechy & bright.

6. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Got my replacement order today from Racket! First one never did show up.

Rigsby and imarcq like this.
  7. moomoomoomoo

Congrats! I'm still debating whether to risk $350 for the Ian Hunter Mega box from the UK (I'm in the USA) before they sell out (I'm amazed there's still some left as it is!)

8. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

been on the fence about the IH box for a long time...I have 85% if his catalogue on cd already. that's what stopping me........

moomoomoomoo and PJayBe like this.
  9. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

mine did show up, took a month, but there you go (no hard feelings towards racket, this is the only time an order has taken a long time, and it's not excatly business as usual in post offices around the world...)

anyhow; watched the documentary, and that was pretty good! I haven't watched the CAS doc yet (still waiting for a second hand copy to arrive....), but it's my understanding that the Script... is the only one that's editet as a proper documentary? (the rest is more a fly on the wall kind of thing, and everyone in the same room)
    In terms of chronology, Script...is the best place to start and thus lends istself very well to this kind of treatment. The film is more about the early history than the actual recording of the album, but that makes it a good view imo. I wish the rest of them were put together like this too, but when they did not release the boxes in chronological order, I suppose it's easier with the "fly on the wall" approach.

on to the 5.1, next..

JulesRules likes this.
  10. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Worth every penny!!

11. moomoomoomoo

Me too for the same reason. I was just reminded that international postage is scheduled to go way up to the USA in June or July, but I think they're targeting smaller items than this.

12. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Glad you eventually got yours. I preorderd this when first orders were taken. It was shipped but went to a back hole between Racket and South Carolina.
    Looking forward to the documentary.

Pat

13. scribbs

scribbs Resident Mockery

Just wanted to chime in here that this is a must have release. The live show may be the best thing this band ever recorded. And the whole thing sounds fantastic! Can't wait for Fugazi!

JulesRules, ytserush and GRompre68 like this.
  14. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

I watched the making of on the blu ray last night. By far the best in the series. Hope the rest are in the same format.

ytserush, Riccardo2 and moomoomoomoo like this.
  15. moomaloo

moomaloo All-round good egg

Well I finally got round to listening to this (vinyl version). The main album is, to me, a revelation - Yes, I get that it is over-compressed but this remix breathes far more life into what was never a stellar recording in the first place (IMO). And it stands alongside the original anyway so I don't have to choose!

I'm puzzled why the Market Square Heroes EP has the 'Battle Priest' version of MSH? - My memory might be shot and it's a long time since I owned a copy of ther original 12" but I don't remember this being the battle priest version...?

The Marquee gig is amazing - But I think a lot of Fish's between-song banter has been edited out and that's a real shame (and something of a surprise)...

16. RockAddict

RockAddict Sanity is an illusion, just like democracy

Your memory isn't completely shot... :) It definitely wasn't the 'Battle Priest' version on the original EP.

As for Fish's between song banter, I'm not sorry to see it edited. I took it one stage further and edited out even more... :D . There was a time his stories and anecdotes worked for me but, as the years have passed, I find way too many of them to be positively irritating. It probably isn't coincidence that my view of him as a person has change somewhat - and not positively but that's for another thread of what would be the decidedly heated variety. Note: I won't be wasting valuable keystroke energy on creating the said thread... Right, where's that David vs Roger thread? Or is it Roger vs David? It's so hard to know who should get top billing :tiphat:.

17. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

That's one of my biggest complaints about Fish ear live recordings is most of his banter gets edited out. That's always been a highlight for me. It's one of the reasons I dig Fish on Fridays so much.

John Manning likes this.
  18. cracksky

cracksky Forum Resident

I asked Racket about Market Square Heroes. Here's their response:

JulesRules, ytserush and moomoomoomoo like this.
  19. moomoomoomoo

everyday_ffm, Eiricd and imarcq like this.
  20. cracksky

cracksky Forum Resident

Racket Records site shows more are coming soon.

moomoomoomoo and JulesRules like this.
  21. moomoomoomoo

I don't like the packaging. My MC box has falled off the shelf several times. Both disc inserts are no longer secure & the cd's have fallen out each time. Fortunately it's falling onto carpeting, so no major disc damage.

JulesRules likes this.
  22. Eleventh Earl of Mar

Eleventh Earl of Mar Somehow got them all this far. Thread Starter

They boarded up the synagogues, Uzis on a street corner
    You can't take a photograph of Uzis on a street corner
    The DJ resigned today they wouldn't let him have his say
    Surface scratched where the needles play, Uzis on a street corner
    Where do we go from here
    Terror in Rue de St. Denis, murder on the periphery
    Someone else in someone else's pocket
    Christ knows I don't know how to stop it
    Poppies at the cenotaph, the cynics can't afford to laugh

I heard in on the telegraph there's Uzis on a street corner

Just... this man somehow makes what would be reserved for a novel into melodic phrasing, my god

ytserush, JulesRules, Rupe33 and 3 others like this.
  23. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

Don't wait to long.;)

24. moomoomoomoo

I need to check on the postage. It already went up 6/1, & the USA decreed incoming increase took effect today.

25. everyday_ffm

everyday_ffm Forum Resident