Marilyn Manson - We Are Chaos - New Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by xfilian, Jul 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident Thread Starter

Not sure who many fans of MM there are on here but he was part of the soundtrack to my youth and so I am always interested in any new work he brings out. I thought Pale Emperor was a fabulous album and his best since Holywood with Heaven Upside Down being a bit of a lacklustre follow up. Lets see what the God of **** has in store this time. The cover art at least looks good.

[​IMG]

Track listing:

1.Red Black and Blue
    2. We are Chaos
    3. Dont Cease the Dead
    4. Paint you with my love
    5. Halfway and one step forward
    6. Infinite Darkness
    7. Perfume
    8. Keep my head together
    9. Solve Coagula
    10. Broken Needle

2. Turbo2k

Turbo2k Forum Resident

Pale Emperor was surprisingly good but Heaven Upside Down never clicked with me. Listened to both again last week.

We Are Chaos Manson is a collaboration with Shooter Jennings, could be interesting... First single to be released today!

...and that vinyl looks great!

Sean, Matthew Tate, adam_777 and 2 others like this.
  3. imail724

imail724 Forum Resident

Crossing my fingers this is more on par with The Pale Emperor. I haven't cared for much of Manson's work post-Holy Wood, but TPE showed that Manson still had it in him to shock the masses. And when I say shock, I mean shock by actually releasing a great album at this stage in his career.

joshm2286, ET3311, The Gomper and 2 others like this.
  4. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Agree exactly....not that HUD was bad, but something was missing. And I was never sure what the CD packaging was all about for that one either.

Matthew Tate and adam_777 like this.
  5. xfilian

Yep, and - after giving Pale Emperor a lavish double vinyl treatment - they gave HUD a single record and a shortened version of Saturnalia.

Oh well, looking forward to the new single.

6. adam_777

adam_777 Forum Resident

After some pretty god awful albums, I thought 2012's Born Villian had some of his best tracks in years, but others that were some of his worst. The inconsistency on that album hurt it, but it showed some promise. Pale Emperor was really a shocking surprise out of nowhere though, was not expecting something so top to bottom good from Manson at this point in his career. But then as others have said Heaven Upside Down really did nothing for me. With that said I still think Manson has the potential to release another great album, so I'm looking forward to give this one a chance. At the very least I do love the artwork and design!

miller_time22 and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

Can't wait to hear it!!!

Love just about everything he's done. Born Villain was my least favorite album so far, but i loved most of his post Holywood albums still and am excited
    for this one as well. Cool cover and the vinyl looks really cool !

Matthew Tate and xfilian like this.
  8. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

him and shooter should release something great

9. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

where is that vinyl from?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

11. xfilian

12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

he's been on a streak with the last few albums. hope this one is as enjoyable as they've been.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. Raf

Raf Senior Member

Release date is Sep. 11.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. MechanicalAnimal6

just listened to the new song 3 times in a row....it's alright, but VERY underwhelming....

i find it kind of boring and just..........blah..........

my excitement for the new album just went out the window if that's what the new album is going to be like...yikes!

Matthew Tate and kannibal like this.
  15. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

I don't dislike it.

Problem is it sounds too much like those (electronica/goth) artists that influenced him, quite poppy and he's clearly trying to find his place in the current (musical) world. He's too old to be Hollywood MM now and the beauty of the Pale Emperor is it found a way for him to be gracefully older, but since then has struggled to develop and expand that. This is one of those songs that if I heard, would enjoy; but not sure I would pull an album of that style off the shelf and play often. Be interesting to see whats next.

Matthew Tate, Brenald79 and kannibal like this.
  16. MechanicalAnimal6

Multiple various exclusives for this album.

I will still support him, even though i'm not overly thrilled with the new song.

Target has an exclusive vinyl with a print of one of his watercolor paintings and the Target cd has 2 bonus tracks as well. Acoustic versions of two songs already on the album.
    I loved the acoustic bonus tracks on Pale Emperor and he still hasn't put out an album i didn't like at all, so i'll still buy this!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. cdnostalgia

cdnostalgia Forum Resident

Did they manage to keep him sober long enough to record a song or is this going to be a mash-up of chorus by chorus sober takes.

He was an absolute mess last time I saw him live.

KEENLY1 and GentleSenator like this.
  18. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I really wish guys like Manson would just get ghostwriters for new albums. That’s what Body Count did with their last 3 albums and there’s actually good songs in line with their 90s classics,

musicaner and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. xfilian

I am enjoying the new song more with each listen. Kinda reminds me of when I first heard Dope Show after listening to Antichrist Superstar ad infinitum. Its very different to what has come before, especially in terms of first single off new album. But the more I listen the more comfortable I am with it and the more I enjoy it. This is a Manson with heart as opposed to pissed off I wanna shock your parents Manson. I much prefer this to Say10 (cringe) or Arma Godamn Mutha****in Geddon (big cringe).

20. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

How has he been on stage? The last few things I remember reading claimed he was 'fat and drunk.'

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. The Gomper

The Gomper By Your Side?

22. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

wonder if shooter jennings helped write any of this album?

Brenald79 likes this.
  23. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Not sure. Is Shooter Jennings a good song writer?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Picked up Portrait Of Of An American Family CD used for $2 today. Rebuying it after trading it in like 22 years. Great album.

Matthew Tate and miller_time22 like this.
  25. cdnostalgia

cdnostalgia Forum Resident

Fat and drunk is a bit too nice.

Off his tits, unable to sing, drunken and drugged, aggressive in an unpleasant way and difficult to watch these days.

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.