Marilyn Manson - We Are Chaos - New Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by xfilian, Jul 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam_777

adam_777 Forum Resident

In a lot of ways his career has mimicked Jim Morrison just over a longer trajectory.

blehman likes this.
  2. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

pretty good imo. just produced the newest duff mclagan solo album. no writing credits but knowing shooters solo work i can tell as a producer and the fact he plays on some songs he threw some ideas to duff. he produces a lot now. i really like this song by shooter

Brenald79 likes this.
  3. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

I have no relationship with Manson, I've always found him visually compelling but never dug deeply into his musical work. I can sing along to the big hits.
    With that said, I really liked We Are Chaos this morning when I watched the video. The strummy acoustic guitars sounded fresh and a good direction to head toward.

xfilian and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yeah I listened to the song again this morning and really enjoyed it. It has a Running to the Edge of the World vibe about it, which i always thought was a fantastic song.

Manson used to be a band and he had some great and talented people working in that band, such as Twiggy, Pogo and John 5. After Holywood (his masterpiece IMO) he has largely been solo with various collaborators drifting in and out. Musically, I believe he has suffered as a result although his work with Tyler Bates on Pale Emperor was fantastic and ranks up there with his best IMO. I also believe he never completely recovered from his marriage/break up with Dita Von Teese, but thats another story.

Have to say, really looking forward to this release and have ordered the 'splatter' vinyl.

jedilips00 and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Still? Or was this how he was the last time out? You'd think that the label wouldn't support a new album if he couldn't support it with a tour.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. cdnostalgia

cdnostalgia Forum Resident

He'll often play slightly lower down the bill at the big rock festivals, where people aren't too pissed off at how **** he is as they didn't necessarily come to see just him.....

I mean at the moment nobody can support albums with a tour anyway so beside the point.....

7. adam_777

adam_777 Forum Resident

In fairness to Manson he has actually put on between very good to incredible shows the last few times ive seen him. Ive seen him seven times since 2009 and in my opinion his concerts have actually gotten stronger over that period. I got to meet him before a show in 2013 and he was clearly sober, focused, intelligent and articulate, i really enjoyed the conversation I had with him.

But it seems with his shows its a bit of a game of Russian Roulette and ive just been lucky. Ive seen many of his shows on youtube and its obvious he is wasted and the shows have nowhere near the potency when he is. He also seems to randomly cancel shows too sometimes, it seems every tour there is some issue whether it be a stage prop falling on him or a sudden cancellation of shows after a run where it was clear he was a mess. So it seems like it can really be a mixed bag, and there is simply no way of knowing which version you will get on any given night.

I still follow his career with interest because so far I have had only great experiences at his shows and the man does seem dedicated to his art. Whether its music, painting or crafting an image he seems to put in a real effort and i think thats why things like Pale Emperor occur seemingly out of nowhere, hes still searching and sometimes what he finds doesn't stand up to previous work, but because he isnt just mailing it in and writing ACSS 2.0 there is always the chance he discovers something new and interesting.

8. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

9. imail724

imail724 Forum Resident

jazon and xfilian like this.
  10. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

11. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

And post #34 :targettiphat:

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  12. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

Mechanical Animals was quite something in 1998-1999 was it?

13. kannibal

kannibal Forum Resident

I love the record. It’s in my top of all time.

jimhb, Matthew Tate and M2225 like this.
  14. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I read an article with pictures that Manson and ASAP Ferg were just in the studio together, possibly for the new Manson album.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

After the EU store sold out the new deluxe vinyl pretty quickly and the first flippers already offered it on Ebay, I decided to get it from the US store. I wasn't expecting these to go so fast.....

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. FlyingTeapot

FlyingTeapot Well-Known Member

Especially at £37, which I thought was a bit hefty (and that’s excluding postage).

Oddly, the picture disc is the same price - who wants to spend nearly £40 on a picture disc? £25 max!

17. Neonbeam

I was saying the exact same thing to a friend. OK... seems like some of them were bought with flipping intentions still.... I'm amazed that Brian managed to move 5000 units for a price like that in less than a week! :cheers:

Matthew Tate and FlyingTeapot like this.
  18. miller_time22

miller_time22 Forum Resident

I don’t listen to leaks, but evidently the new album has been out for a bit and seems to be getting a pretty strong reception from the fans. Ordered the cd from Bull Moose a while back but may need to swing by Target on Friday to get the version with the two bonus acoustic tracks. In the meantime, revisiting Mechanical Animals tonight on the headphones and man do I love it.

19. Neonbeam

Is this out yet? I thought 9/11? Received an e-mail that the deluxe vinyl comes out a week later......

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. miller_time22

miller_time22 Forum Resident

No, comes out Friday, 9/11. When I said out for a bit, I just meant it had leaked a short while back.

Neonbeam and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. MechanicalAnimal6

i'm just waiting for target to ship out my exclusive cd and vinyl....can't wait to get them both !!

Matthew Tate and miller_time22 like this.
  22. Matthew Tate

so target is the only place that has a version with extra tracks?

23. MechanicalAnimal6

as far as i know.
    the Target exclusive songs are the same as the Japan bonus tracks as well.

miller_time22 and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Matthew Tate

thank you

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  25. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident Thread Starter

New single - Don’t Chase the Dead.

Really looking forward to tomorrow now. This is a classic Manson stomp!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.