Marvel INFINITY SAGA 23-film boxed set

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Oct 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I've said this elsewhere but I think MCU is at its absolute worst when the heroes are fighting each other instead of an actual villain. Civil War was not a significant backstory for any Avengers film. It was more a prequel to Ant Man & the Wasp, but even there it was not necessary because the script mentioned so many times that Germany was the reason Scott was under house arrest.

alexpop likes this.
  2. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I also thought THOR Raganrok was by far the best...

3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

+ 3 anyone?

4. supermd

supermd Senior Member

The fact that I am having a truly difficult time picking even the top 3 best movies in this series shows me how much I love it. If they keep making them, I'll keep seeing them and enjoying the hell out of them.

And Thor: Ragnarok was one of the best! :D

Tree of Life likes this.
  5. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

Is that the cover, with the actors' autographs? Truly bizarre choice if so, rather pretentious in context. These are movies for kids, and for the kid in all of us. Can you imagine getting a Star Wars blu ray collection box set, and instead of a fantastic, imaginative, and comprehensive piece of inspiring art on the front, it was Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford's signatures? Truly odd.

6. alexpop

X-Men Complete box next inc Logan /Wolverine?

7. ries

ries Forum Resident

I picked up the seperate Phase 1/2/3.1 boxsets (with all movies from Iron Man to Thor Ragnarok) for 1/4 of that price. Picked up the rest in seperate releases, and thats fine for me.

8. glide

glide Forum Resident

So this sold out before release day and is now going for $1200+ on eBay.

I figured they would have stock in stores but I guess not.

9. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

It's definitely the best Thor movie. I'd put it in my top five. The best for me is between Winter Solider and Avengers.

10. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Forum Resident

I knew that was going to happen in a supreme-super-duper-ultimate-till-the-end-of-time boxset. But, since I already bought all of the movies individually plus some of the TV show boxsets that connected with some of the films (like 'Agent Carter' and AoS), I am good with what I have and will not be getting this boxset. Besides, its just as cool to see all 23 individual films on the shelf in my home theater/mancave along with the TV shows.

Plus, those kinds of releases is what keeps folks broke, in CC debt and lining up the 'big-folk' pockets lol. And scalpers of course are going to try to cash in on it.

11. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

The Bond box sets contains about the same number of films and usually around $200, then sometimes drops to ~$150 or even $100 during the holiday season. At $100, it became an immediate no-brainer and I opened up the wallet and made several purchases.

Now, I realize this MCU box contains newer films created within the past 10-12 years in 4K UHD format, and they're tossing in some added extras I probably don't care much about, but $550 is a bit of a silly price. To be truthful, I don't care for that packaging at all.

Put the same collection in more standard packaging, sell it for $249, I'm in.

12. glide

glide Forum Resident

Well the set sold out before release day so you could make the argument it was priced too low.

I can’t imagine you’ll be seeing a $249 set any time soon.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  13. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

14. gabacabriel

By the way, the correct answer to the best MCU movie is:-

CAPTAIN AMERICA :righton:

Spitfire likes this.
  15. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

"..:The Winter Soldier."

:D

jpelg likes this.
  16. alexpop

17. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

1 Avengers (2012)
    2 Captain America: Civil War
    3 Avengers: Infinity War

18. gabacabriel

I rewatched The Winter Soldier recently - it was a lot better than I remembered it being.

But, nah.......The First Avenger still tops it to my mind - not least because it so reminiscent tonally of The Rocketeer (another fave, and not coincidentally by the same director - take a bow, Mr Johnston)

And it's got the Red Skull - one of the best villains in the MCU.

And it's got Tommy Lee Jones!

And it's got....Hayley Atwell :love: (sorry, but Scarlett doesn't even come close).

Spitfire likes this.
  19. gabacabriel

I said available again - but actually, this box looks to be different to the BestBuy exclusive from last year - considerably bigger/sturdier, with a solid acrylic casing.

That said, it's still the same 23 movies!

No idea how many are being made, but they can't be expecting to sell that many at £400 a pop.....

20. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Tommy Lee Jones has the best lines in the film. Also one of my fave Marvel films.

rodrigosanche55 likes this.
  21. alexpop

I’d buy!!!!! :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.