Marvel (MCU) Phase IV

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jul 21, 2019.

1. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Good. Good bye!

2. davenav

Oh, you’re still here! Thought you had flounced!!

3. davenav

Over-reaction? 500,000 dead in the US, alone.

I welcome the reopenings, but let’s not rewrite history, or science in a way that is more fantastical than the MCU!!

I’m fully vaccinated, but I will still be wearing a mask for a long time, even in the theatre.

Isaac K. and BeatleJWOL like this.
  4. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I hope not. I'm not a big fan of either and Blunt especially annoys me. Something about her facial expressions.

I think they could do a lot better and the FF need better than them. Just my opinion.

5. davenav

They are the fan favorites for the roles. That doesn’t mean they are cast but Krasinski has been very coy when asked about it.

6. rock4ev

rock4ev Forum Resident

My remarks are not about box office or theaters being closed or open.
    My comments are about direction and planning for the MCU.
    The stuff they have proposed, or I should say trying/drafts of new things, to me doesn't look that great imo.
    That's what I've been trying to say.

7. davenav

Yes. Major apologies!! The post I was replying to got deleted and I somehow ended up replying to you!!

Thst said, I disagree with your assessment of Marvel’s talent pool. I mean, the director of The Eternals just won an Oscar! And the MCU on Disney TV, is quite impressive!

8. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

This is simply a logo for Phase 4. The day Marvel decides to tease its fans with the Fantastic Four, they'll do with a much bigger bang. That is not an opportunity they will miss by merely adding a logo at the end of a video.

[​IMG]

9. rock4ev

rock4ev Forum Resident

Thanks and much appreciated, all good.
    I know they got talented people, my thoughts are more on the plots and characters first, everything else builds around that.
    So what I missed to mention is they knew their last storyline was ending long before the final movies aired. All were success, and sure actors are very important, but so is the creative vision of a very small group of people, and those people are the idea people, which then in turn work with writers to develop story and other idea people come in and help expand and collaborate to the the existing story which in turn shapes the whole thing to a grander scale.
    Same goes for music, so many very talented players that can't a song you would want to listen too or listen over time.
    So I am trying to emphasize that just because you own a great IP doesn't mean any content you put out through it will be top notch. Doesn't mean epic fail, just look at Ghost Rider, Punished, even the F.F. (which I liked), those were not anywhere near Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Avengers.
    Heck it even took them almost a decade to get the biggest super group property to start gaining high marks (X-Men) and they still had a couple toss outs when they got it going good, and that is because of plot/story/idea control, not directors.
    A plotter gives a draft of ideas to writers and then things can start to happen.
    Unfortunately aside from the big success and long and joining movie and stories, the other movies had to many different folk to start the plot and direction for a story first, so we got good to ok movies that never connected to anything including the next movie of same title.

I hope this makes more sense. It is not easy by any means to do what they pulled off.

10. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

They already did tease at the investor day thing; just a word from Kevin Feige that the Fantastic Four are coming.

I think it's a fun double meaning.

Jim B., davenav and Simon A like this.
  11. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I disagree. That is definitely a tease. They wouldn’t foolishly be using the Fantastic Four logo if they just were referring to phase 4.

12. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Yep, would have used a different color, I mean that is the Fantastic Four logo right down to the circle around the four! Without Tony they need a Stark like character in the universe to explain things to us (the audience) and let them tech their way out of problems Reed Richards fits that bill.

Jim B., BeatleJWOL and Curveboy like this.
  13. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Which is a bargain...considering it's $25 per person for a good theater in NYC...so for the two of us? It's a no-brainer.

Dr. Pepper likes this.
  14. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I just can’t get excited for streamed movies when I could just wait a few months and see them on Disney+ for basically free (since I’m already a subscriber) and get the same experience. It’s the theater for me!

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  15. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I agree I'd rather see it in a theater...well, the theater in my mind where people aren't checking their phones or texting or posting...

But, since right now it's not an option for me the best I can do is watch at home, and pay to support the film makers.

So while I do miss the big screen I have a nice enough TV and a decent surround system so I enjoy movies at home as well.

16. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I wonder if Disney has any plans to re-edit their TV shows into “theatrical cuts”? Wandavision would be hard to do given it seems naturally written for television, but I’d love to see a non serialized version of Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

(Although, even if you discounted 10 minutes from each episode of end credits, that would still make it 4 hrs long!)

Joe W and BeatleJWOL like this.
  17. davenav

I’ll start worrying when they make a mis-step. That hasn’t happened yet (well, Thor 2 comes close).

18. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Have you seen The Inhumans?

Joe W likes this.
  19. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Or you can pay $24 a month for AMC A-List and see up to 3 movies a week at theaters in NYC! :shh:

Stormrider77 likes this.
  20. davenav

I wasn’t counting the pre-Disney tv stuff. Although I really liked Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Agent Carter!!

Dr. Pepper likes this.
  21. Dr. Pepper

Yes, but even that wasn't too bad and they recognized the error and corrected for it in the Wonderful Thor 3.

davenav likes this.
  22. Dr. Pepper

There are parts of that series I enjoyed. Also, you can only really hold the Marvel Studio films and Disney+ TV series against Marvel Studios as all the other TV series and films were just too many steps removed from Marvel Studios.

davenav likes this.
  23. Dr. Pepper

Speaking of that shouldn't Disney plus be able to stream the Netflix series you mentioned soon? I mean the rights have reverted back, correct?

davenav likes this.
  24. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

I liked the Inhumans. It wasn't fantastic but I enjoyed it

25. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Terrible terrible show. They ruined those brilliant characters. If you don't have the budget then don't make it. Don't just have them run around in a forest for eight episodes like a cheap homemade film and remove all the characters powers as it would cost too much to do the special effects. I can't believe they shaved Medusa's hair off in the first episode.

11% on Rotten Tomatoes. That's generous.

Curveboy likes this.