Marvel (MCU) Phase IV

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jul 21, 2019.

1. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Bring back Daredevil on TV

2. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Five years passed between the two films. It’d be a little weird if everything stayed exactly the same. I’m not sure how interesting it would be to have more scenes of him talking to himself over the course of years.

3. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

Video summary

5. Glad to see they are continuing on The Avengers flicks.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  6. Your wish is their command! It is!!

Chrome_Head and smilin ed like this.
  7. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Not really a fan of TV series, make some really good movies!

8. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

9. Mooglander

Mooglander Forum Resident

Believe it or not, there's one who's worse! Look up a chap by the name of Stephen Platt. His stint on Prophet will make you want to scour your eyeballs with a "wire" brush fashioned from porcupine quills and scorpions' tails! The covers he drew for that rag leave you in disbelief. That's how bad they were (and are). I don't remember the interiors because I blocked them.

10. Mooglander

I can't remember the last time I saw a post I agree with more. I read Amazing and Spectacular religiously in the 1980s, and the clown in these recent movies barely resembles that character. I detest Kevin Feige's arbitrary changes to these properties for the sake of selling tickets and nothing more.

I can't say I've ever been a fan of the black suit. It's generic. The original suit is and will always be the best.

Scopitone and raye_penber like this.
  11. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Isn't Deadpool in the Thunderbolts?

12. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

(sound of me, waking up, abruptly)
    Huh?...Did someone mention Deadpool?!

13. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol

14. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Relax....it's only 4 minutes!

15. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Yeah I know Splatt quite well. I have some Moon Knight covers he did and some Prophet.

Got to say his Moon Knight covers are really nice. He did go very 90's with Image but even at his worst he's far superior to Liefeld. I think Splatt is a stylist you either like or not, but Liefeld should just not be drawing comics at all.

16. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

The Thunderbolts are bad guys

17. raye_penber

raye_penber .

Haven't you heard? It's just 'Ben' now.
    They dropped the 'Uncle'.

18. Crack To The Egg

Crack To The Egg Forum Resident

The MCU version always struck me as more the Ultimates version of Peter Parker, even including Ned.

As much as I love the 70-90s Spider-Man Peter Parker, there are countless variations of the character, many times different based on who was writing him or what title you were reading.

Simon A, Lownote30 and BeatleJWOL like this.
  19. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

I mean, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury is the Ultimates version of Fury, so it does make sense.

20. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Ah. Oops!

21. Mooglander

You think this is better? It's grotesque. Neither should be working in the medium.

Prophet # 10, Stephen Platt Cover and Interior Art | eBay

Motorcity supernaut likes this.
  22. Mooglander

Yes, and the same goes for Batman, but we know which versions work better than others. Spidey operates best at street-level, just like Daredevil. The MCU maintains too many connections to Stark [Industries] and it's both annoying and unnecessary.

23. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

IRON MAN was the foundation for the entire MCU so it only makes sense that it would be the thread that weaves the whole tapestry together. But since Tony’s death it is clear that Stark Industries is no longer the focal point for Earth tech, it’s Wakanda.

Crack To The Egg likes this.
  24. Crack To The Egg

Crack To The Egg Forum Resident

It’s a matter of opinion though. There’s no objectively better version, just what you prefer. Many times that also happens to be what you grew up with.

Personally I’m glad for the shake ups in the story. For example, having to rehash the Uncle Ben story yet again isn’t very interesting. Like Batman’s parents being shot, it’s been overused to the point where it has lost its impact.

davenav likes this.
  25. Mooglander

I know quite a few individuals who regard Batman '66 as the character's peak. But that was their first exposure to him and they're wallowing in their nostalgia. Batman '66 won't work in live action today (see: the disaster called Batman and Robin), but as an animated revisit, for two films, it makes for a cool flashback.

Most of the directors have done pretty well, some a lot better than others.

Yes, the retelling of an origin gets stale. Were it up to me, I wouldn't have reintroduced Batman so soon after The Dark Knight Rises. The movie that followed Man of Steel should have been Wonder Woman.