Marvel Studios’ Eternals

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by marmalade166, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Some of it look like DUNE, the desert scenes

2. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

The percentage of the target audience that read the original ETERNALS is not even 1%. I doubt it's even .1%, so there's no reason not to alter them as Fiege sees fit. I think almost all the alterations I've seen in the MCU from the comics I remember have been positive, or at least non-intrusive.

For example, the loop-de-loop performed with the Kree and the Skrulls in CAPTAIN MARVEL was a nice surprise to old readers like me. I was almost astonished, because I thought I already knew that particular back story as it unfolded. It was an impressive narrative curveball, because viewers old enough to remember the originals were making the same assumptions as Captain Marvel herself, so we acquired that knowledge as she did instead of passively observing her do it. That's not change for change's sake but storytelling that engages legacy viewers as well as the larger audience of newbies.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    razerx and BeatleJWOL like this.
  3. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Having a bit of trouble mustering up much excitement for this one, even though the trailer looked good.

Of course, people online have developed a hate b*ner for it without even having seen it. Our modern culture.

4. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Really? I thought it was blatant Hollywood bastardization of the headlines at that time about mistreatment of "illegal aliens." I agree it was entertaining and made for a good movie, but the bit about the Skrulls being the mistreated good guys separated from their families due to intergalactic immigration injustice--even having a little skrull kid to manipulate the audience--just made me roll my eyes.

JediJones likes this.
  5. alexpop

I know John Lennon liked Captain Marvel, but not me.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  6. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

She IS quite good-looking......:rolleyes:

Chrome_Head likes this.
  7. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

All this talk here and elsewhere about trying to make Daredevil fit in the current Marvel movie-verse. Someone also mentioned the Fantastic Four. I can remember two FF stories that would be huge smashes if done right within the current scenario. There was a 2-issue tale of how Dr. Doom took away their powers and somehow Daredevil has to lead them back to the Baxter Bldg. The other is even better. There was a 2 issue story, the 1st issue was the battle between the Hulk and the Thing and the 2nd featured the Avengers to lend a hand against a (puny god!) Hulk. Imagine a rampaging Hulk against Cap, Thor, + Iron Man. Talk about movies that sell themselves!

8. Should the movie turn out to be bad (and I hope it doesn’t!) I hope they use this image of a Celestial giving a ‘thumbs down’. Because beings like Celestials often use humankind idioms:

[​IMG]

JediJones, alexpop and mr. steak like this.
  9. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Well, a berserk, rampaging Hulk vs Iron Man in the Hulkbuster Armor was easily the highlight of Avengers: Age Of Ultron for me.

She truly is one hell of a babe.

[​IMG]

10. alexpop

Daredevil could be a surprise hit. Would Ben Affleck want to reprise his role though ?

11. Randall DeBouvre

Randall DeBouvre forum resident

SHAZAM! I didn't know John Lennon read Captain Marvel.

JediJones and Uncle Miles like this.
  12. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

If they want a successful FF movie they should set it in the 60's - have them literally be the first superhero group (and Galactus - MUST have Galactus)...:D

Ghostworld, Shawn and Exotiki like this.
  13. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

At this point I think a good FF movie is getting very improbable. The FF was the genesis, foundation and core of Silver Age Marvel. It’s kind hard to do that in a movie series 26 films in… :(

14. Matthew

Matthew Senior Member

The Daredevil character is already a part of the MCU, via the Netflix show.

15. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

162 reviews in to date - 54% approval

I think Eternals is headed towards the dustbin of Marvel MCU movies.

Eternals

16. Yes, so Reed Richards can steal a rocket. Let that sink in for just a moment. And then, using manipulation worthy of Charles Manson gets his best friend, his significant other and her younger teenage brother to join him. No need for modern-day dark revisionism, it’s pretty messed up just the way it is.

Exotiki likes this.
  17. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Jesus wept, NO!!!!!!!!!!

18. alexpop

Sad, because it’s a Jack Kirby creation…maybe if it had more script bite ala Stan Lee(ironically).

Shawn likes this.
  19. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

'Nuff said!

20. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

21. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

But if they do make a new FF movie I have a feeling they will leave this bit out for the Chinese market… ;)

[​IMG]

Shawn likes this.
  22. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

That's why you set it in the past as a stand-alone series...;)

Shawn and Exotiki like this.
  23. Randall DeBouvre

Randall DeBouvre forum resident

I remember when I
    I forgot about that.

24. alexpop

Shazam ?
    If I want silly I’ll watch recent Thor.:)

25. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

I have all of the Kirby Eternals comics. I don't see any Kirby in the trailer.

Mooglander likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.