Marvel's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is a go...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Actually it got better. If Rotten Tomatoes critics ratings are any indication--it's93% as I recall and been consistently over 90% with the exception of the first season. I don't think it's gotten "worse"--it's no more 'wacky' than the Marvel films.

2. Yikes, well you're taste and mine are completely different then. I enjoyed Grant's story arc but I love the show. The writing has always been pretty strong. The character that got worse IMHO was Daisey aka Skye.

3. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Grant was Superman impossible to kill. No matter what they did he'd be back messing with them in the next episode.

I'm glad he's gone - I don't need the same bad guy every week.

4. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I was responding specifically to that persons remark that they stopped watching because of the absurdity level. I DO think it got more and more absurd but that's what I LIKE about it. Sorry for confusion.

5. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

And she’s not alone.

6. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

Episode 5 - 1973?

7. dsdu

8. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Shouldn’t we leave the thinking to the script writers? lol

9. dsdu

10. Loved the latest episode with the film noir approach and 50’s look.

Dok likes this.
  11. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Same here. In fact I've been enjoying the whole season so far. The question arises, will Enoch join them in this time frame or have to wait longer and where is Fitz? They'll bring him in when you least expect it I bet. No doubt there will be a reunion between Sibyl (the Bones doctor ;-) and Enoch as well. Who will melt down first? Him or her? :shh:

12. dsdu

Agents of SHIELD Season 7 Episode 5: “A Trout in the Milk”

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    xdawg and Dok like this.
  13. dsdu

Mr. and Mrs. Agent Coulson dirty dancing
    [​IMG]

Dok, xdawg and maui jim like this.
  14. dsdu

Love the 1970s style opening credits.

xdawg likes this.
  15. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Where next?

xdawg likes this.
  16. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I love that Agents seems to finally be having a moment. I don't think it's ever gotten quite this much attention. That might improve chances of a nice box set when all this is over. My Agent Carter set is lonely.

misterbozz and Dok like this.
  17. dsdu

Dok likes this.
  18. dsdu

Dok likes this.
  19. dsdu

agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-season-7-preview-ready-to-deliver-some-pain

While we might only be nearing the midpoint of the seventh and final season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., this week's episode "Adapt or Die" has a "finale" feel to it. Our heroes had to take some drastic last-second measures to take down Project Insight, but the move left themselves exposed, the Zephyr damaged, and Mack (Henry Simmons) willing to burn through Heaven and Hell to save his folks. As you're about the see, our Agents are done playing defense: they ready to take the fight straight to its source. Meanwhile, Sousa (Enver Gjokaj) and Daisy (Chloe Bennet) are about to learn why a barn, a metal medical table, being tied up, and Nathaniel (Thomas E. Sullivan) in a butcher's apron are not the ingredients for a "happily ever after"....

Dok likes this.
  20. dsdu

The Eighties - Coulson Headroom

Dok likes this.
  21. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

Looks hilarious, more Legends of Tomorrow than might be healthy but I can't wait!

22. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

That was great episode this week! It made me reminisce about 1982 of all things. The detail was strong. If that was his real voice, then Deke has some pipes.

kevywevy and dsdu like this.
  23. Cookie!

Cookie! Forum Resident

It was an amazing episode! Good pacing, nice early 1980s atmosphere, great, deep emotion found throughout. Exemplary acting can be found in this episode. The plot was captivating and was a neat and creative way to advance the overall story of the season. Nice musical number contained in there too. I would have thought that some of the scenes would be considered a bit violent to be shown on television - Yikes! :eek: Not that I was bothered by any of it; the nature of what was happening only added to the existing urgency of the need to eliminate the underlying threat.

24. Dok

Dok Senior Member

25. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

I loved last week's episode as well, just got around to it last night. It was cool having "The Deke Squad" perform and hilarious having Deke make up new words to "Don't You Forget About Me" for the ones he couldn't remember or perhaps never quite knew in the first place.

So music geek tangent here (what is this, SHF?). One of Deke's "new songs" that the twins suggested rehearing was "Here I Go Again." Whitesnake originally released it in 1982, but it didn't become popular until they re-recorded it and released in 1987. So... were the writers (A) not aware that the song was actually released prior to the 1983 setting so Deke couldn't really take credit for writing it (B) intentionally making Deke not know it had already been written at that point (which would not be surprising since he didn't live/grow up in the era, only coming to the music much later and without that much time to research/learn it) or (C) intentionally making Deke look foolish , or (D) making an inside joke for music geeks?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    dsdu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.