Marvel's Hawkeye Trailer

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jeff Kent, Sep 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Wait ‘til you get to episodes 4 and 5.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  2. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Just watched them back-to-back tonight.

Hoo boy.

I like where this is going.

Seems like people sleep on how low-key great Jeremy Renner is in this role.

Also—so great having Yelena back already:

[​IMG]

3. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I find it amusing that everyone calls him Hawkeye in this show when I can’t think of a single scene in any of the theatrical movies where he is referred to as anything other than Clint.

4. Detroit Rock Citizen

Detroit Rock Citizen RetroDawg Digital

How many Avengers have there been on this show .... yet

5. I’ve enjoyed it so far. The villain is a little underwhelming. Wish that the big reveal villain in the fifth episode had come sooner.

Detroit Rock Citizen likes this.
  6. In the comic series that this is loosely based on the Track Suit Mafia call him ‘Hawk Guy’ haha.

7. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I don’t think the big villain is who you think it is. Sure, the Kingpin was in that photo but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he only gets a cameo at most. The big villain in this season is going to be Mom who is doing all of this to “protect” Kate. She’s probably even murdered Armand the third with her own hands. She may even have killed Kate’s dad. I could be wrong but Kingpin is likely being saved for Echo’s series.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  8. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Only 1 episode left.

Still like Episode 3 the best.

9. Oh I spotted that by the second episode but Kingpin IS behind all of this and I was hoping we would get more Vincent D’Onofrio.

10. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

We probably will, but only just a teaser. There’s just too many threads going to finish what is already going on AND give Kingpin his due, too. There’s only 50 minutes to an hour of this series left!

wayneklein likes this.
  11. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

"Lady Hawk...". Funny.

Detroit Rock Citizen likes this.
  12. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

That was a great episode. I’m going to rewatch it again tonight!

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I am once again sick with "Mini Covid" (from the Booster I got 16 hours ago), but I'm quickly recuperating. To ease my pain, we watched the finale of the most excellent Marvel series Hawkeye and really enjoyed it a lot. If you watch it, do not bypass the credits: stick around for the bitter end, because there's a big (tuneful) surprise. The shows got ton of action, a plot that (more or less) makes sense, and some genuine laughs and intrigue -- well worth your time.

‘Hawkeye’ Season Finale Review: Marvel Wraps Up Their Christmas Present of a Series With an Excellent Bow

And by the way, for anybody who asks... yes, "I can do this all day!" Very catchy song, with a deep Broadway pedigree.

14. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I did not see the Laura Barton angle coming, even though it was in front of us the whole time!

I enjoyed the show, especially once Yelena showed up, bringing in a familiar character from Black Widow.

I’ve enjoyed all of these Disney+ shows (though i bailed on What If?). They may not be perfect but I got into them anyway.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  15. gabbleratchet7

gabbleratchet7 Forum Resident

I read the original Track Suit Mafia series with my son as a bedtime story back in the day. He’s now going on 18 and I thought it would be great to watch this with him over the holidays. Turns out he watched them all already… :shrug:

16. I’d love to have heard you read issue #11 to him!

[​IMG]

Vidiot and gabbleratchet7 like this.
  17. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

They have to bring back The Swordsman.

Shawn likes this.
  18. And they have to bring back Vincent D’Onofrio as Kingpin! Whether here (is there going to be another Hawkeye series?) or in another Marvel endeavor.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  19. gabbleratchet7

gabbleratchet7 Forum Resident

I think I approximated Fred Flintstone’s trademark unintelligible grumbling that I always took to be cursing under his breath.

Shawn likes this.
  20. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

21. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

It was a funny scene, but if you think about the fate of the people in the van it is probably the most gruesome deaths yet for anyone in the MCU. Ick. (I’d love to see the expression on the kid dissecting the owl pellet in high school science class!)

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I guess it's a little bit of a spoiler, but yes, Kingpin is back. What's interesting is his fate... but that was covered in the comic book. As Stan Lee once said, "no great comic book character ever dies."

I thought, hey! This is an in-joke to Captain America: Civil War where Cap stepped into a glass elevator at S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters surrounded by a dozen soldiers, realized that mayhem was about to occur, and asked them, "do you guys really wanna do this?" And of course, he beat the hell out of all of them and stepped out unharmed.

Shawn, ad180 and soundboy like this.
  23. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I also thought the ensuing fight was very reminiscent of the school fight in The Amazing Spider-Man, with Spidey and The Lizard duking it out, bashing through the walls of a school right past Stan Lee hard at work in the library with his headphones on.

Chrome_Head and soundboy like this.
  24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

There are aspects of all the Marvel shows and films that resemble each other, but given that there's more than 300 episodes and 27 films, there's bound to be some overlap and similarities -- sometimes intentional, sometimes not.

BTW, I listened to the song "Save the City" (aka "I Can Do This All Day") from the end of Hawkeye, and thought, hey, I've heard a song just like this before. Sure enough, the melody, structure, and arrangement are very similar to that of "Good Morning, Baltimore" from Hairspray, which is -- you guessed it -- also written by award-winning Broadway composers Mark Shaiman & Scott Wittman. It's still a good song, but jesus, it's close enough for a lawsuit (if somebody wanted to sue).

I wish the actual clip from the fake Broadway show Rogers: The Musical was up on YouTube, because it's a riot. Fans are already going crazy because the musical kind of breaks with Marvel MCU lore, like the identity of Ant-Man and the fact that Spiderman is now kind of reviled. In a way, I'd like to see the musical more than I did Hawkeye.

kouzie, BeatleJWOL and Isaac K. like this.
  25. badfinger54

badfinger54 Senior Member

I really enjoyed HAWKEYE!

Shawn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.