MARVEL'S Punisher - Netflix

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Aug 21, 2017.

1. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I'm 3 episodes in so far.

Liking it so far. Pilgrim is interesting.

Paper Wizard likes this.
  2. Very interesting :tiphat:

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I liked the extended best...not available on BD if IIRc?

4. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Ben Barnes does a good acting job with Billy.

5. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

We've been binge watching the second season over the past two days. Four episodes left and WOW ...no pun-isher intended... it's a killer season. :winkgrin:

:cheers:
    Cat

Paper Wizard likes this.
  6. Cupids_bow

Cupids_bow chillin like a villain

Binge watching season 2, about halfway now and really enjoying it so far. Pilgrim is creepy!

marmalade166 and Mazzy like this.
  7. Cupids_bow

Cupids_bow chillin like a villain

Wow! Just finished Season 2, I like it better than Season 1. Do you think Pilgrim will appear in future seasons? Perhaps as an ally?

8. jeroemba

jeroemba Forum Resident

The first three episodes from season 2 are very good but i felt that the rest of the season was very boring. It's like they suddenly realized that they were over budget and they still had 10 episodes to shoot. Hence the poor love story arc between Ben and his doctor. Seriously? Instead of pure adrenaline, they give us a festival of endless talking. But i pretty much feel the same about most Marvel/Netflix shows. It could have been great with shorter and less episodes. 13 episodes seasons with so little to say or to show was not a very good idea IMO.

Doggiedogma likes this.
  9. Paper Wizard

Paper Wizard Forum Resident

Finished Season 2. Thought it was excellent. Very well done.

10. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Late to the party as usual. 5 eps into season 1 and am enjoying it. There was definitely some opportunities to condense this that were missed but overall it's well done. Too bad this was cancelled.

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

There's a possibility all the Marvel shows will come back on Disney+. The problem is that I think Netflix has a 2-year hold on all the titles, so the problem is all the actors are growing older...

Bobby Buckshot and melstapler like this.
  12. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I was actually surprised that we got a third season of Jessica Jones, and that it was as good as it was. Just figured that the cancellation was going to leave it open ended.

Vidiot likes this.
  13. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile

I just started this and for background I hated all the Punisher movies. I liked the comic back in the day and even the Graphic Novel by Garth Ennis et al. I think the Nextflix series is much better than the movies, I never understood how you could screw those up so bad.

14. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I revisited Daredevil and binge watched the entire series. It was very good this time around, and there's news that Daredevil/Charlie Cox is making a comeback. I don't get Disney, but I've read that all the Marvel series have become "Disney-fied". Makes me wonder if Daredevil will be a PG version. I read that Jon Bernthal congratulated Cox (getting that Marvel money is like winning the lotto!). Was glad to read Bernthal say he doesn't think the Punisher would work over at Disney, I agree.

Before I got to the Punisher I started to watch the Defenders but couldn't hang. God, the Iron Fist actor was wretched!

15. They could put Punisher on Hulu. I d)nt know that other series are Disneyfied so much as they took a very different approach with each one that works for each one. Daredevil, like The Punisher, was unique in more gritty action and violence. I’d rather see Charlie do Daredevil on the big screen.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  16. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

I'm waiting for the "why doesn't Marvel do more R-rated stuff" folks and the "Marvel is just crap for kids" folks to butt heads, personally. :D

wayneklein likes this.
  17. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I don’t get the obsession with ratings. More violence isn’t going to make an already bad movie better. A good movie is a good movie regardless and anyways the rating system is too political. Disney has the clout to make a film PG-13 that would likely get an R if released by someone else.

18. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

Disney has the clout to abandon the rating system altogether

The MPAA can suck an egg and Disney will just bankroll it’s own brand of Cinemas, or just make it’s own streaming service…. Oh wait, they already do that

19. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Just read some interesting news on the new Daredevil series on Disney. They're bringing back Jon Bernthal and Vincent D'Onofrio. But the most curious casting choice is who they've hired to play a young Wilson Fisk. Michael Gandolfini. Surprising, as I didn't feel any kind of the star power his father had, when he did that Sopranos prequel. Seems like Disney is betting the bank on this series, ordering twice as many episodes than usual for them. I sure hope they don't screw the pooch on this one!;)

marmalade166 likes this.