Mary Janes Last Dance Alternate Chorus Lyric?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by For the Record, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

Those who say it's "and no question" are correct while others would be incorrect. :)

2. randy9700

randy9700 Indian MC Rider!

I did check my copy and I apparently have the Euro version because I have the extra song 'ATRnR' on side A. Still glad I picked this up as it is just a beautiful set. Flat, quiet, great sounding music spread over 2 LP's with a gate-fold sleeve. What's not to love? And the price was right at $23.06 shipped.

3. randy9700

randy9700 Indian MC Rider!

I see that ImportCDs has two listings for this LP on the 'bay'. One is $25.55 shipped and the other is $26.35 shipped. The one for $26.35 does state inthe description 19 tracks so this must be the Euro version with the extra song. Here is the URL for that version for those interested :Tom Petty - Greatest Hits [Vinyl New] 602547658708 | eBay
    Great price and a really nice pressing and the extra song is certainly worth the extra .80 cents. Whether or not either of these versions has the alternate lyric in MJLD is unknown.

4. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

The alternate lyric was released on a promo single given to radio that had both versions. I'm not sure if the alternate version was on a retail CD single or not.

5. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

It wasn't. The 45 rpm single contains the full unaltered LP version, as does the commercial CD single. I think the cassette single has the original lyric, but an early fade as found on the promo CD single (PRO-CD-7222). That promo has 4:12 versions labeled "alternate fade" (the "let's hit another joint" lyric) and "album fade."

6. ThatBigBeatSound

ThatBigBeatSound Active Member

'Round these parts there was an even-further censored version that went "Let's roll another nowwshhh," lol. It got a lot of airplay and always cracked me up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.