Massdrop Ortofon MM Cartridge Sale Thru April 10th

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by DigMyGroove, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Any solid difference b/w the red or blue for a Technics SL-1200? Bronze/black way out of my price range.

hutlock likes this.
  3. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

I’ve had both the red and blue. The red is good value and I enjoyed using it. If you can afford the blue then I’d recommend the upgrade.

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  4. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Don't really want to turn a good deal thread into a cart debate but the red is definitely a budget cart so it would really depend on what you are currently running. but from everything i've read the Blue is much better than the red.

I'm VERY tempted by the Black at this price, but I've got a vintage Empire that sings right now

recstar24 and Bobby Buckshot like this.
  5. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

I don't think you could find a black used for that price, no? What a deal

6. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

nope. thats about half off as far as i can tell.
    its so cheap i'm tempted to buy it and just set it aside till i need a new cart.

recstar24, PoeRaider and canonlon like this.
  7. PoeRaider

PoeRaider Forum Resident

I'm not sure I can resist the black at this price either. It's one I've always wanted to try. But I don't even remotely need a new cart atm. I guess I'l sleep on it, there's still a few days left on the drop.

recstar24 likes this.
  8. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

At these prices Black is definitely the way to go.....needle replacement is about the same price.
    I'm in.....

9. glide

glide Forum Resident

Has anyone found it curious that there are photos of both the verso and standard mount on the drop? Based on the photos and descriptions it is very unclear which we are getting.

If they are sending out verso mounts I would expect a 97% return rate.

10. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

The specs also mention the PnP
    In the discussion, it says the Massdrop is for the standard 2M cartridges.

glide likes this.
  11. PoeRaider

PoeRaider Forum Resident

This is really starting to drag on, no updates from Massdrop in a couple weeks. I don't have a good feeling, but hanging in there for now.

12. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

My first Massdrop purchase and I'm now once bitten with them. I don't have high hopes for this actually playing out well. What a shame.

13. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

I didn’t order myself, but a quick review of the discussion thread on the deal it’s sounding like they contracted to buy these from a third party and not direct from Ortofon

I bought headphones from them before and they delivered ahead of the estimate and they got them direct from sennheiser, apparently not the case here

14. PoeRaider

PoeRaider Forum Resident

Well, I was on the verge of cancelling my order anyway, but just received an email notice that the drop has been cancelled and I am being refunded. Should have known the price for the black was too good.

Whole experience doesn't have me chomping at the bit to join another drop (this was my first one). But they did give me a $10 member credit, so we'll see.

jeffsab and Bobby Buckshot like this.
  15. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

+1

16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Clearly they suck. $10 wouldn't but me off.

17. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

I’ve bought a few items from Massdrop. Every item arrived around the promised date, well packed and brand new. This is the first drop that didn’t go well. And I was really looking forward to getting a Black...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.