Massive Attack - Vinyl reissues 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by It's Felix, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

I could be wrong, but I'd be hugely surprised if a new album was released midway through reissuing their back catalogue.

2. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

The funny thing is that these reissues almost seem to be taking place completely without the band's involvement... I don't think MA have mentioned them on their official site, or their twitter.

You would think they would have order links and updates, but there's been absolutely nothing... It's almost like they don't even know about them....There wasn't even a proper announcement for the first 2, just amazon links appeared one day, followed by multiple ever-changing release dates. The whole thing has been rather odd.

Shpongle likes this.
  3. ranf1970

ranf1970 Forum Resident

Has anyone heard when 100th Window and Heligoland re-issues will be released?

4. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

I'm waiting for a Heligoland reissue....

Mezzanine was finally reissued 15 years after initial release so my guess is 2018 for 100th Window and 2025 for Heligoland but who really knows :shrug:

5. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I'm under the impression that the band isn't interested at all in their past. They only care for their new projects. Maybe that's the reason why this rereleases are taking so long.

6. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Well that is expected for most artists. And as a fan I would rather see a new album than a reissue.

That aside, I am not sure what investment of the band would really be needed in the case of a vinyl reissue.

7. ranf1970

ranf1970 Forum Resident

This is disappointing. I have a copy of 100th Window on Amazon France that I ordered back in March and now I'm wondering if I should just cancel it... I even doubt it will be 45 RPM like the original, even though it is 3LP. They want some crazy money for the new re-issue and I'll be bummed if it is 33.3 RPM

I, too, would like a new album, but at least follow through with what you originally promised.

realkilroy likes this.
  8. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

9. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident

I'm waiting for a Heligoland vinyl reissue too

dogpile likes this.
  10. contium

contium Forum Resident

11. sam1982

sam1982 Forum Resident

Hi, yeah I eventually went and got it a couple of weeks ago. The sound is very clear and detailed, it does sound pretty nice. Is it a huge improvement over the cd though? I honestly can't answer that and I'd hate to say 'hell yeah!' then have someone spend their hard earned cash on it only to be disappointed. In my point of view, if I want to 'listen' to that album, I'll always spin the record over the cd from now.
    I realise this is a fairly hopeless reply... when I put it on, I had this thread in mind and I was really a bit stumped as to what to write back, you know, it wasn't clear cut 'oh, that sounds rubbish' or 'whoa, mind blown!' it was just 'oh yeah, that's pretty nice.. I can hear a lot going on in there... it's a nice listen'... no one else seems to be interested in the album though so it's better than nothing.

apologies for the utterly hopeless reply haha

johnnybrum likes this.
  12. More useful than "mine is flat" or "shipping now".

I have it, too, and your review is accurate. Agreed, it is nice, but I have no CD for comparison. No complaints on my part. Christian (Wright) at Abbey Road in the deadwax.

13. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

Hey no worries....nice of you take the time to reply. I actually went ahead and ordered the vinyl some time ago. I do have the CD but illogical as it may seem, I just like having the vinyl. I haven't done a comparison and even if I did, like you said, I doubt it would turn out to be a 'night and day' thing. I'm happy I've got the vinyl.

Thanks again

14. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

Yeah.....I love those 'I've received it but haven't got round to playing it yet' posts.

Geee! likes this.
  15. elvisizer

elvisizer Forum Resident

Just got this and Mezzanine the other day. No Protection sounds very, very nice. I prefer it to the CD.
    And yeah, that is a great cover to have in a larger format!! They did a nice job with that as well, the image is good quality, no issues there either.

Can't wait for 100th Window!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  16. Ross P

Ross P Member

Good news. Heligoland and 100th Window reissues are up on Amazon for a Feb 16 2018 release. Got mine on preorder.

Quark1134, It's Felix and johnnybrum like this.
  17. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me Thread Starter

which amazon? not UK :(

johnnybrum likes this.
  18. Ross P

Ross P Member

19. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

same problem here...I'm scratching round, going nuts, looking for "Heligoland and 100th Window reissues are up on Amazon"

Would a link have been so very, very difficult? :wave:

20. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I just picked up Deep Purple Machine Head clear vinyl and Alice Cooper Billion Dollar Babies colored vinyl they were both 2016 record store day release sealed Blew my mind

21. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

You may have been posting in the wrong thread... but I’m curious where you got them. Online?

22. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Store in Maryland FYE closing down and got 40% off

23. Ross P

Ross P Member

Sorry. Took a wee bit for my links post to be oked by an admin.

24. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I only have picked up the Mezzanine vinyl so far (Euro pressing) which is incredible. I recently bought some KEF LS50's for my second system, and "Angel" is my demo to show off their holographic imaging...the percussion is about 2' behind the speakers and just right of center. Amazing.

Lucca90 likes this.
  25. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me Thread Starter

Yes one of the best recent non - audiophile pressings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.