Mastering errors on Kylie Minogue – Got to Be Certain 3" CD?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hannes_grigull, May 15, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hannes_grigull

hannes_grigull Active Member Thread Starter

Hello everyone!

Recently, I bought an old 3" Mini CD of Kylie's 1988 hit "Got to Be Certain".
    The exact release can be found here on Discogs.
    However, here and there, a sharp, high-pitched tone is audible, e.g. at 30 seconds into track 3, the 7" single edit.
    Does, by chance, anyone here have this CD too and notice the same thing, maybe also on a different CD?
    The disc looks fine, which makes me believe those are mastering errors. I have quite a large collection of CDs and never had this before.

Thanks!
    Hannes

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I don't have this disc but I am wondering if it is a manufacturing error instead of a mastering error?

Tim 2 likes this.
  3. hannes_grigull

hmm, that could well be. That's why I asked if anyone had somethin similar with a different CD. Do you have a possible explanation for this sensation? I'm wondering what could have gone wrong in the making of the CD

4. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Can you rip it against accurate rip?
    If you have matches it's a glitch inherent to the mastering.
    If not, the disc is the issue. However, being a 3 inch it's possible no submissions have been made. I've run into a few over the years where I was the first.

5. hannes_grigull

I ripped the CD again and everything was fine according to Accuraterip. --> Seems to be a mastering issue.
    Normally, I would just buy another one and try again, but this particular CD can easily set you back €20 on Discogs, which is quite hefty for a CD Maxi, IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.