MCA Hendrix remastered lp's

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sam, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam

Sam Senior Member Thread Starter

Dear Members, what are you sonic opinions on the remastered Hendrix heavy vinyl reissues that came out several years ago?

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

They sound the same as the CDs. If they don't on your system, your system ain't right.

3. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

Try the CLASSIC VERSION OF "BAND OF GYSPYS", or the MONO CLASSIC OF "AXIS BOLD AS LOVE.:D

4. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member

I guess my system ain't right, because my Electric Ladyland MCA LP sounds better than the CD :D

5. KLM

KLM Senior Member

One reason the lps sound close to the cds is that the lps use a digital master rather than analog. I think overall the sound is pretty good however I would've preferred the analog master. I have an early Reprise recording of Are You Experienced that sounds as good if not better than the reissues. I really enjoy Classic Records issue of Band of Gypsy's but since it is mono I can't make a direct comparrison to the MCA reissue.

6. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I really liked the MCA Vinyl packages that have come out over the past years for Hendrix.

But I was quite suprised when I listened to the Polydoor UK reissues from the early 90's. Beat the heck out of the MCAs.

Ronald likes this.
  7. Sam

Sam Senior Member Thread Starter

Dear Grant:

If they sound the same as the cd's, then that's not good. That's what I try to avoid. Once again, from my past experience on a $3000 cd playback system, ALL the cd's ever auditioned in my system had that upper frequency "sheen" to it. A type of irritating glare to the music that made one run for the volume control to turn it down. Maybe they were made from the digital masters. I own the mono classic records Axis Bold as Love. I can tell you that is warm, smooth and contains bass to shake the room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.