McCartney's Ram outtakes appreciation/request thread...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tug_of_war, Dec 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

An extra cool more recent Macca song...New is indeed a fine album with its extra songs...but old little hippie then still liked ram along with most other seventies Macca albums...then and now underdog albums as wildlife, rrsw, LT and egg.

2. joy stinson

If the dude would just release, though the song is abysmal and probably the boot is, the brung to ewe by on the ram era recordings...I’d be happy to hear that stoner mess...lol.

3. joy stinson

Very true...imagine him holding a ram with big horns....

4. a customer

a customer Forum Resident

that is is a long reply .once again kids talk about Beatles stones zeppelin and Floyd even Sabbath to pretend McCartney is part of it is comical

john lennonist likes this.
  5. a customer

can you create a Tull worship thread for me.

6. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos Thread Starter

The same can be said about Jethro Tull :cool:

a customer likes this.
  7. joy stinson

Well the kids you’re around do, but....the other youtube, Reddit, blogs and forum kids, I can tell as they reveal their ages and when they got into McCartney and/or all and other solo Beatles talk about McCartney and solo Beatles. It’s all in the particular kids you are around or noticing. Many timed these anonymous kids do wind up getting into Beatles but unlike boomers and gen xers, Beatles are not the be all end all for them. Upon reading, then joining this forum, I was very amazed at how young most of the folks are who like McCartney. They tell stories of when they first became a fan which is when I as a boomer lost track due to changing music formats..CDs then downloads, Spotify, streaming. They tell of the first albums that interested them and I can assure you though due to its current popularity, it may be ram, but unlike my generation, they were unable to buy McCartney I or Ram in the day or to see wings like me in the seventies as they were then unborn. I see this all over Macca youtubes and solo ringo has a big young fan base if Reddit is any indication. I suspect both elements are true....both the Beatles, the solo Beatles and McCartney all have many young fans. Because my records are so packed back, I listen to Beatles and solo Beatles via YouTube now. I wrote and write again a longer response because this is not so cut and dried issue and no simple answer is sufficient. Had the solo Beatles not continued I would have long ago lost musical interest in them though I continued to collect old Beatles memorabilia. Once again, kids talk about whoever they like, those you are around and those on YouTube, in blogs on on forums..no need in continuing to discuss it...case in point is all the SHF McCartney threads that your yourself are exasperated by, citing Tull as superior in your opinion, many times McCartney threads begun as in the case of this very thread by folks much younger as they have revealed than you or I are.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    tug_of_war likes this.
  8. joy stinson

I’m convinced you’ll do a good job of that as you’re trying to do that here. Just create your own thread, as there are many Tull fans and at one time I was one back when I liked that more elaborate seventies style. However, these folks are just fans, not worshippers, but call your thread Tull worshippers to attract the die hard base.

tug_of_war likes this.
  9. joy stinson

Very true...I haven’t seen any die hard Tull fan kids online though I’m sure there are some. They were a very talented group to me folk influenced prog rock type style but that elaborate style is now dated and they didn’t last through the long haul and that style is now completely out now though I myself liked them very much then and the British folk wave in the seventies l

tug_of_war likes this.
  10. a customer

Yea whatever.
    maybe all the teenagers around you talk about McCartney solo albums. I teach in school in the real world

11. a customer

Thats just a dumb response.

12. joy stinson

No, it’s a logical response. You are definitely in the wrong thread but are free to go to one of an artist of your choosing and preference or to create a thread. I don’t comment in threads on artists I don’t like and assume the commenters are worshippers. You don’t elevate a great seventies group like Tull or interest folks with a passing interest in them by downing McCartney or his fans. Hubby and I both have taught school as well. Do your students talk about Tull in the real world as you call it? Mine didn’t and neither did hubby’s. I taught school in the seventies and eighties, from 7th grade to freshman college level, as did hubby, a closer era to tull’s hay day. Nobody here is a worshipper and this thread is legitimate and you are off topic bring in Tull and out of line accusing the commenters here of worshippers rather than fans. If McCartney threads bug you, simply avoid them.

PhoffiFozz and tug_of_war like this.
  13. a customer

14. a customer

Why you deflect to tull over and over is confusing.
    Please explain the greatness of the ram outtakes. Im sorry i didnt join the thread to worship McCartney. Is that the rule of commenting on any threads? To praise whatever the topic is

15. joy stinson

I deflect to Tull because you brought the group into this thread. I have earlier made comments on ram outtakes on this thread and even made my suggestions on a good possible inclusion to the outtakes, but I’d add thrillington if it hasn’t already been released. I don’t have any of the deluxe editions as I listen to them on YouTube and I didn’t buy thrilington at the time though I saw it at a record store then.

No the SHF rules as I understand them is not to troll the artist or the other commenters as well as not to bicker which you are doing by by calling the commenters here McCartney worshippers. You brought in Tull as a preferred artist in the McCartney early time period which is your taste and preference and you have not that I’ve read discussed any ram outtakes possibilities which is the purpose of this thread.

This will be my last response to you. It is my beliefs however not to worship a man though I find many human beings interesting and the enjoy the products they have created.

PhoffiFozz and a customer like this.
  16. a customer

That is cool

17. joy stinson

Yes, that’s cool with me too.

a customer likes this.
  18. tug_of_war

• You brought Jethro Tull to the conversation yourself;
    • The greatness of anything is subjective;
    • Nobody joined this thread to worship anyone/anything;
    • You are wasting your time and energy with something you hate when you could spend it with something you love instead (just a tip);
    • And please try not to offend those who you don't agree with.

tages likes this.
  19. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Sure. That way, I can dump all over them and write a dozen posts about how they always sucked. :laugh:

a customer and tug_of_war like this.
  20. Strat-Mangler

Hopefully not the English language.

tug_of_war and tages like this.
  21. Strat-Mangler

Ram is a great album. Listened to it for the first time last year and was not disappointed. Lots of good songs and a bunch of variety in there as well. He sounds like he's the happiest he's ever been in his life and having a ball playing/recording it.

Setting that aside, I don't think outtakes would do much for me unless there would be radically different arrangements. The mix sounds great as is so I'm personally not too interested in hearing different ones.

tug_of_war likes this.
  22. tug_of_war

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I'm not a fan of alternate mixes myself either.

In this case what makes me want them is the possibility of having those outtakes with the same sonics of the album so that I can make my own double version of it without it sounding like a compilation. ;)

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  23. a customer

Now that you want to lecture me about philosophy is that your philosophy or McCartney philosophy or the buddha's?

The second question is. is to disagree with someone hate??

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  24. joy stinson

You’re cool and I’m cool per our earlier postings, but per my beliefs and philosophy, this is all simply the...golden rule. It is a good practical philosophy and belongs to no one in particular.

We are all free to and do disagree, as it’s human nature and variety is the spice of life. Nevertheless, I do not impose my philosophy or belief system on you or anyone but can’t and never speak for anyone else. Disagreements aren’t hate per se but can lead to it history has shown.

a customer likes this.
  25. a customer

joy stinson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.