Mel Brooks (Directed) Film By Film Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by RayS, May 19, 2020.

1. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower Thread Starter

Spaceballs ... The (Making Of) Documentary

This film is the source of Mel’s quote that his highest home video sales come from “Spaceballs” and “Men in Tights”, not “Blazing Saddles” and “Young Frankenstein”.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I really like some of the character names in Spaceballs including Barf, Dark Helmet, and Yogurt.

RayS likes this.
  3. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Happy 94th birthday to Mel Brooks!

RayS likes this.
  4. I just remembered that years ago I was suggesting to a co-worker that he watch ' Young Frankenstein ' because he said he liked comedies.
    I loaned him my DVD. He returned it the next day saying he didn't watch black and white movies because they looked "old". As a gesture of thanks for my effort though he loaned me his DVD of ' Dude , Where's My Car ? '
    I'll leave it up to you to determine whether or not I watched it.

5. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

Must be related to that temp at my old job who I loaned XTC's Oranges and Lemons to. He said he didn't think the songwriting was that good (I think it's pretty brilliant myself) He said it was no Bob Marley. Talk about an Apples and Oranges (and Lemons) comparison.

6. What a totally vague and unrelated comment.
    I gave up suggesting music and movies to co-workers.

GLENN and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  7. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I basically do the same, mainly because my music tastes have usually been out of the mainstream. In High School I was a fan of pop and country music fan while most of the other students at my school were into rock. Now, my tastes tend to go all over the place with my main guide being whether I like the song or not, regardless of the source. As an example, one of my favorite songs is "Best Day Ever" by Spongebob Squarepants [Tom Kenny], which sound to me like a Pet Sounds-era Beach Boys song.