Merchbar

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by lara višnovar, Feb 3, 2021.

1. lara višnovar

lara višnovar Member Thread Starter

Does anyone have any experience with merchbar? I want to order a vinyl from there but ive read some horribile rewiews.

melstapler likes this.
  2. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

I've had problems in the past after receiving CD-Rs on Merchbar. More recently, they seem to have a more accurate way of identifying that information which I'm assuming was prompted by similar complaints.

3. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

I'll never buy from them again. I ordered a single, in-stock record and it sat "processing" for 11 days (and two emails) before it was finally shipped. Then it was defective and they made me shoot a video of the defect and send it to them to "review" before they would send the $18 replacement. Lame.

4. TakiJones

TakiJones Senior Member

I should have researched before I bought from them.

My vinyl copy I ordered came with a badly ripped spine and a seam split.

They would not exchange or refund.

I would never use them again.

Sad Bad Customer service.

5. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Has this company improved? I was ready to order an album but checked here first.

6. I had a bad experience ordering t-shirts. I ordered 4 to meet the free shipping and my total was bonkers by the time I converted CDN to US. On further inspection, it appears they didn't combine shipping as promised as they were using vendor aggregates or some such thing which meant that I only got free shipping if I ordered all product from one vendor. IE: I order 4 t's from Merchbar but one comes from a vendor in Ohio, 2 come from Chicago and 1 from NY. No free shipping, and 3 individual shipping costs. I cancelled the order.

7. The Black Cat

The Black Cat Furriest Demon

Absolutely the single-worst place I’ve ever tried to buy music from.

And I say “tried” because nothing I’ve ever ordered from them has ever come to fruition.

Most recently I preordered an item months before the street date, then about a week before it was set to ship my preorder turned to a backorder.

For the next several weeks, then months, it was delay after delay, with boiler plate email replies apologizing for the delay, shipping partner nonsense, and so on.

Waited another month before reaching out to them again for an update, and at that point they tell me my order was canceled but I can still reorder it because it’s still on backorder. A limited edition item that’s sold out worldwide since July, and they are still taking backorders.

I’ve read some reviews online, horror stories of people waiting up to sixteen months for a backorder just to ultimately get a refund.

Now that I think of it, I don’t know if I’ve ever talked to an actual person who has ever had an order fulfilled by them.

I wish I had more insight in to how such a catastrophic failure of a web store can stay open for so long, but I don’t. They just seem to keep trudging along like a reanimated corpse.

Lesson learned.

8. Skibum2

Skibum2 Forum Resident

I've never bought from them but there prices seem high. I'm looking to buy beck bogert appice new box set everyone is $150 their price $179.

9. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I’ve bought from them a couple of times, no complaints at all. They had the best price for what I was looking for, and both orders arrived in a normal amount of shipping time with no damage.

10. the real pope ondine

the real pope ondine Forum Resident

ordered 2 records a month ago.....got nothing....waiting to hear back...

11. Skibum2

Skibum2 Forum Resident

how does this stuff. That so disappointing. Hope it works out, keep us updated

12. the real pope ondine

the real pope ondine Forum Resident

will do, thanks!

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Can't defend the late shipment.

But if they told you to take a video and they'd send a replacement without you having to send back the original, I'd call that a good experience.

14. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

Good experience? Far from it, it was like pulling teeth to get them to do anything and letting me keep defective $18 record isn't doing me any favors. It's the worst customer support I've ever received, especially compared to places like Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc, Music Direct, Deep Discount, etc. that have always been very response to any issues.