Metallica - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct (Nov 18th)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FourWalledWorld, Aug 18, 2016.

1. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

I didn't care for Hardwired..., but I liked Death Magnetic quite a bit; 3-4 songs from that are keepers.

I saw Metallica once in the 90s and that was enough.

2. Stormrider77

Stormrider77 Forum Resident

Really should just join the Fifth members Metallica fan club, free to join and you get pre access to tix with a unique password. Just got my ticket to the Albany show 2 days ago, sorry know this info is a little late now.

Clanceman likes this.
  3. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I did that too. Told me to wait 120 seconds. Offered me two floor tickets, which I did not want, I need an actual seat (too old to be in the mosh pit). So I clicked the button to find more options. More time passed. Then came back and told me all the tickets were gone.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

The vinyl sounds excellent.

BDC and Clanceman like this.
  5. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

100% agree with this.

warewolf95 and BDC like this.
  6. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Such a massive show with incredible effects all staged “in the round” and in arenas...this is one show that “there isn’t a bad seat in the house” really applies.

Have fun!

warewolf95 and Stormrider77 like this.
  7. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

8. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

2 record set for about 20$ on Amazon.... 1st Metallica album I've bought since the Black album, which I don't like.....

ian christopher and Dorian75 like this.
  9. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

So what would be the purpose of, hypothetically, releasing this instead of the black album? To what benefit? Black album has allowed them to do as they want for as long as they want.

Matthew Tate and theshape like this.
  10. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Yikes! Their worst era. If I saw them in the '90s, I'd probably never bother to see them again either!

11. MikeVielhaber

They were pretty awesome during the black album tour. On top of their game.

12. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Vinyl is $11.98 at Import CDs

13. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Nah, besides being ear-crushing loud, the show was good. I am just not that big a Metallica fan to where I am paying big bucks to see them again.

Matthew Tate and ian christopher like this.
  14. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Love that new arena. Saw Maiden & GNR there.
    I almost added it, but just added Boise instead.

So, I’ll see one at home (Portland) & one 56 min plane flight away. I probably ended up getting better tickets - ha, if I’d gotten tickets at all - for Boise than Vegas, and it was just a diff place.

That said, Vegas will be electric. One of my favorite trips is a hotel near T Mobile, a killer show like Metallica will be, & hell, all the other shows like Rod Stewart or Stones Exhibitionism, etc...

Have a blast. Guaranteed the Vegas event T shirts & numbered lithographs will be incredible, & worth a lot of $ the next day.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

Black album hasn't aged well for me.

Sad But True, Wherever I May Roam, and The God That Failed are really the only songs that still sound good to me. Maybe Holier Than Thou if I'm in the right mood.

Interestingly, Load and Reload have aged much better.

RomanZ, Matthew Tate and warewolf95 like this.
  16. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

The clips from Woodstock 1999 are awesome also.

Matthew Tate and warewolf95 like this.
  17. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

The Pour Touring Me tour is my favorite with the epic stage that "self destructed" and the burning dude.

Cunning Stunts is my favorite live Metalloca video. So great.

18. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Fight Fire With Fire from tgat gig is sick.

Matthew Tate and MikeVielhaber like this.
  19. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

I would’ve bought it. As slim of a chance I have getting one, I’d need a 2nd one for my brother who’d go with me to at least 6 or 7...maybe more.

So, as it was I got great seats through the MetClub Presale for the Boise show.

My brother was shut out in the MetClub Presale for the Portland show. By the time he told me this, I had finished w my Boise show then tried Portland myself. I was shut out as well. Then, as I went to my email to get my Boise confirmation, I saw a “right of first request” email from Portland Trailblazer Season Ticket acct manager. So, I bought 4 from them.

Boise - Portland will be my two. The Black Ticket is an incredible idea...and deal.

20. boiledbeans

boiledbeans Forum Resident

If anyone is wondering what to expect from a modern Metallica concert, the entire 2017 Edmonton, Alberta show has been professionally recorded and uploaded to their official Youtube channel.

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fanC-va8eSU&list=PLJvQXRgtxlukicaDeUx97DYB2OwuPtfHh
    (Copy and paste link for entire 2h+ playlist. The forum only displays the first video if I paste it directly here)

This is a soundboard mix, so expect the actual concert to be FAR FAR louder and distorted :yikes: (from personal experience when they performed in Singapore in 2017 at an indoor venue)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  21. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

These shows are damn near a year away.....and I’m pumped & in a zone like the tour starts next week. I can tell when I’m excited knowing it will wane somewhat until a few weeks before the event. This isn’t that. I may indeed be pumped til next Fall/Winter. Lol.

It was this last album, combined with last summer’s massive & stunning Stadium production that put my fan hood on another level.

Yeah, I’ve been a MetClub member & early on bought all the tapes, some LPs, the cds, then reissue vinyl, dvds, etc, etc...

I’ve never missed seeing at least one show on any U.S. official tour. I saw them early in Orange County clubs.

So, I’ve always dug them. I just feel like they’ve hit another gear for me. I have an all time “favorite” band list. I’ve expressed my preferences here often.

But, this is always fluid. My appetite changes, bands change/evolve, etc...

Of all the bands I love, Metallica seems to have just hit another gear. They seem more energized than ever. The “show” is an EVENT.

If it’s all about the music for you: I think they’re playing & James is singing as well as ever.

If it’s about the show: the effects are ridiculous, & those 4 dudes cover every inch of that stage many times over every time out.

Then..
    their reissues,
    Blackened label,
    these incredible box sets (maybe the best box sets ever),
    their fan friendly “actual” Fan club
    their website
    their app
    their online store (incredible merch, tons of it, always new stuff, ships like Amazon Prime)

This band is just on absolute fire...and it’s exciting. They’re exciting. “Metal Up Your Ass”

22. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Love your passion. It’s infectious! Now I gotta get tix!

23. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

:tiphat:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

Going to see them again for the first time in 15 years. First and only time was Buffalo in 2004; general admission tickets with two friends and we pushed our way to the fence surrounding the stage. The setlist was great: Metallica Setlist at HSBC Arena, Buffalo . The only US date on the tour that they played “Whiskey In The Jar.”

Stormrider77, Dorian75 and Clanceman like this.
  25. MikeVielhaber

I definitely don't think James is singing as well as ever. I'm sure he does an admirable job for his age but I'm also sure I would rather listen to the Live **** album than a live album from the current tour, strictly from a music standpoint. Lars is most certainly not at the same level. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to come down on them. I would go see them if they came back around and it was relatively affordable.

Matthew Tate likes this.